Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you still dress-up if... ?

I reckon I would mix and match. When I am feeling masculine I might choose the typical clothes and vice versa. I do think a blend would be fun! Oh GG's already do that so no worries!

NOt only would i dresss stIll I would dresss more, HEll I would dress every day

Banned Read only
    Dressing fully as a woman does not give me a 'thrill.' Dressing allows Stephanie to feel comfortable as herself when she pushes her twin brother aside and takes over. Stephanie appears when her brother needs some 'down time' from the stresses of life. I am an adherent to the belief there is a vestige of a woman within each of us, and, consequently, a man within a woman. I enjoy my man side and I enjoy my womanly side. If appearing en femme was fully accepted, Stephanie would not have to protect her brother if his outward appearance were adorned in feminine attire. I believe those who do not acknowledge their female side will endure torment through their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlana View Post
    I dress because I feel comfortable that way. Don't get me wrong, I feel comfortable in my male clothes as well. I prefer to wear womens clothes when I can, and I do every night and morning. . If the stigmatism was removed, I would feel way freer(?) to go out in public, buy clothes that I like to wear and fit me properly. I think we all know that is never gonna happen, but what a wonderful dream. Until then, Marlana is house bound.
    different than Marlana, i not house bound, but i love the statement. I love dressing as a girl, because that is who i am and want to be.
    Last edited by stacycoral; 07-26-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Part of the thrill for me definitely is the taboo part of it, but it's a relatively small part of the pleasure. I think I'd still dress up, regardless.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Great question! I have read this but did not respond (guess I had to digest it for a while). I would still dress (I don't go out but dress at home every day) It makes me feel complete, my wife and I have a more open relationship than ever because Jolene is more in touch with her feelings. When in male mode I have the bred in self defenses (keep everything bottled up) and become very non-conversational. Besides I love the feeling and look of feminine clothes, when young I did all the guy things (baseball, football, wrestling and stuff) but still played with the girls (jump rope, hopscotch and stuff). But it would be great if society changed as I would probably go out.

Hugs
    Jolene

Being able to dress without hiding who I am? I would LOVE to be able to do that. For me I think there is more to it than just the thrill. It feels right. Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy being a man. So, yes I would still be dressing. I would do it more often, and I'm certain that I would be much better at it.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Really interesting thread! Thanks for this... I have never thought that I do this for the thrill... I do it because it is me and who I am. BUT!

I am a natural contrary sort of person... give me a rule and I will find a way round it, set me a boundary and I will break it... I am that sort of person! Let's face it, most people live in shallow backwaters and don't experience life... SO

Is my CDing really driven by my need to feel feminine, or am I just a rebel with no particular cause?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

If the stigma of dressing was removed and the lifestyle was accepted as the norm, I personally would dress more often. For me it is not a fetish or sexual thing, dressing is my own personal expression. To be able to dress and go where ever I choose without a thought or care about who sees me would be the ultimate life rush. BTW Karen, who's covering your back?
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

My personal thought is that yes I would totally still dress, and would be doing it even more so on a daily basis. As it is right now I just wear things such as panties and have my toe nails painted when I know they will not be seen. Likewise really only wear women's clothing inside the comfort of my home. If those lines between male and female were blurred or even removed all together then I would dress with a bit more feminine style on a daily basis; including panties, finger and toe nails painted, heels or whatever shoes depending on outfit/what will be going on that day and any other feminine styles or male styles I feel like on a given day.

Great Thread!!! Eventhough I have been dressing from many years now, it's all about the thrill. I get excitement shopping for clothes. I love the feeling I get from the act of dressing and being dressed. Since I have only been out dressed twice(both while driving at night), little would change. It would make shopping more fun and easy. I would have better fitting things, but would still be in the house.
    Cary

I think I would definitely dress more, if not on a near constant basis lol
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    yeah but would probably have to add something like robbing banks to compensate....
    Hi Karen, I like the way you think.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't feel uncomfortable in male clothes I just feel abit more comfortable in female clothes and a bit more self assured but the taboo going away would take some of the thrill out but I'd still dress

If the taboo was vanquished...what a thought! Absolute freedom to dress however I wanted when I wanted...and I do think of this periodically.

My response is I would probably quickly evolve a style androgynous in nature with a focus on long dresses and skirts and sweaters with simple and comfortable flats highlighting the feminine side, while bringing in styles and colors reminisicent of a men's wear look for attitude at times. Other days, maybe soft pretty florals. It would be a definite subtle blending with the look of the day reflecting my personality and mood at the time much more fully. Or at least how I wanted to feel.

Hose and hemlines de jour...

What a nice thought to let linger the rest of the day.

Thanks,

Kate

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Oh my gosh yes! I'd pluck my eyebrows to a real femme shape, mow off all my hair, except on my head, pierce my ears and wear make up everyday. I'd love to be able to cross between Joanne and drab and my drab wouldn't be so drab. I'd love it!