Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telling female friends versus male friends

Banned Read only

Telling female friends versus male friends

Do you find females are more understanding of your dressing?

I do.

Yes I do - but I have not told many males about my other self

yes i do....to many personal reasons but yes i do

Yes, females are far more acepting. I think males have an ingrained homophobia that causes them to fear anything "out of the norm"

Platinum Member
    Yes. I find that women are less likely to think of CDing and transgenderism in purely sexual terms and are far less "phobic" about anything that suggests femininity.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Women find us somewhat intriguing. We're sort of like them and sort of not. We're definitely non-threatening, and they like that a lot. Men, on the other hand, are either attracted to us or afraid of us. Either way, it is usually an awkward relationship.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    Yes, females are far more acepting. I think males have an ingrained homophobia that causes them to fear anything "out of the norm"
    Except that I saw a survey where FTM's reported men as somewhat more accepting of them than women.

In general, yes. But of course, because the females can be "closer" to you, it can go even more wrong. If i ever get the oportunity, ( and nerve ) to tell this girl....and she accepts, and we go on from there...Well, if she doesn't mind me being out, then I don't care who else knows. the only one whose opininon matters that much to me is my SO.

GIRL -- Power !

Ohhhhhh so what your saying is girls kinda think we are alike in a way ? So thats meens we are Female Lite ,,, That meens were not all the way female but we do dress kinda the same but not all the way ??? Well thats another catagory then ,,,Female Lite ,,It is ,,,LOL,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

It seems girls are more accepting of me. I have only told a couple male friends, but a number of female ones. My general consensus is that men tend to categorize people, and judge a person by whatever their preconceived notions are of that type person is. Women on the other hand look a little deeper and judge a person by their interactions with that person. If they like a person before, then they can incorporate that person being a CD into how they feel about them. Men might forget that they like you before they found out, and totally change their opinion of you because of this new information.

Of course I don't believe that is true of all male / females. If I did then I would be as wrong as those that judge me by preconceived notions.

I haven't come out yet but think female friends will understand better...and how to explain will be important too.
    hope I can have female friends to share it...hehe

I also have far more female friends that know. In fact the only males that know are family members. But, this Friday I will be tellign my best friend, former partner in a business and diving buddy since the mid 70's. We are going our to dive and photograph whales and there is no way he can miss my bright red toe nails.

Makeup addict!
    I've often found women are more accepting than men are

I've found females are more accepting maybe because it's a sharing thing or perhaps some sort of commonality we share. I have yet to have any of my female friends go "ewww" when I've told them.

Aspiring Member
    Yes! of course. They are more open and positive about changes than males are.
    Diane Elizabeth

Actually I find other males who dress up to be the most understanding of my dressing. Clearly that is the case on these web sites for crossdressers. There is an amazing degree of acceptance here. However, in general, yes I agree, I would not want to discuss this with just any man.
    One guy I knew when I was 18 tried to out me with crossdressing but I changed the topic quickly as it was too embarassing for me. As for gg's, I had a wife and have had girlfriends who knew about my bisexuality and my femininity, but not always the cd'ing. My first wife used to like to dress me up, so she was cool with it all.
    GG's I have known have been quite accepting generally, but men are taught to look out for these kinds of things as threats to their masculinity so I don't go there with men who don't cd. Too risky.

Women are more highly evolved beings. Mother, Earth, Goddess.
    Painting with a Broad Brush I know.
    polythene pam

of course! SOME women are more understanding. Men can't come to grips with the fact that they're either inexplicably attracted to us or they think we must be attracted to them. That said, not all women will be accepting. My own mother tells me that any man who wears a skirt must be looking for dick (yeah, have your mother proclaim IN PUBLIC and with an iron certainty that can only come from ignorance that you are obviously trolling for dick).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Women find us somewhat intriguing. We're sort of like them and sort of not. We're definitely non-threatening, and they like that a lot. Men, on the other hand, are either attracted to us or afraid of us. Either way, it is usually an awkward relationship.[/SIZE]
    I agree with Lynn 100%

Banned Read only
    WOMEN GET EXCITED & FASCINATED.

they want to know how do you get rid of all that hair,how did you get that cleavage,how or where do you put your penis

mostly women love it

Platinum Member
    Hi Heathr, I've only told my wife but I would find it much easier to tell a woman.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Can imagine females generally being alot eaiser to talk to and a lot more excepting than males. Although, I'm not really experinced in this as I have only ever spoke to one female about my dressing. That female is now my ex wife, so it kinda set the tone for keeping quiet, about how I feel.
    Still, who knows what the future might hold.
    Last edited by Samantha Jane; 07-29-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Samantha xx

One day I will think of something profound to write here!!!!!!!!!!

Not counting past wives or my present SO, I have told at least a dozen female friends. I'm not talking about telling them behind the safety of this computer screen either. Not one was ready to call our friendship off. In fact, the opposite. We became closer as friends with more trust and openness between us. Like many women, they are cool about it but a few admitted they would not want their SO to be a CD. You just need to be careful of who you tell, how well you know them and anticipate their reaction based on how they react to other unusual lifestyle choices such as bi's and gays. As far as males I've told, I had only one bad reaction out of three. That happened with my own brother. It caused us to not even speak to each other for over 4 years until recently. The other 2 males were close friends that I felt I could trust.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    I can't say I have have had a bad reaction from the men I have told. The truth is I find men to be as supportive in the case of my closest childhood friend who has been more supportive than many of the women in my life. Having said that ,it is easier to make friends with women as men can be a bit stand offish and take a little longer to come around. As it is pointed out here quite often . Men and women are different. I don't believe women are more evolved or in the long run less accepting. They just need a little more time to process and adjust to things they might not understand.
    Living the life I choose!

Women will be more accepting for these reasons: 1. they most likely no longer feel any sexual tension towards you, 2. they do not have to compete with you for the attraction of other straight males who they are trying to attract. Therefore, they can more easily accept you as a friend who is not a threat to them in any way, and also because they perceive that we are more likely to support them as well as be willing to do things they want because we have made ourselves vulnerable to them by coming out to them. This is not to imply that they will abuse this vulnerability, yet there is always a chance that if they think you are doing something they don't like, unless you are out to the world, they do have something they can hold over you to get you to behave the way they want. Which, may make us more likely to avoid any conflict by subconsciously doing what they want us to do in the first place.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.