Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long periods without dressing....

Aspiring Member

Long periods without dressing....

I haven't dressed in almost three months, yet think about it everyday. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I haven't had the guts to go out, other than on a single occassion.

Maybe it's the feeling of all dressed up & nowhere to go?, or maybe I've just got lazy, lol

I could just dress, but I don't want to force it or I won't enjoy it.
    I like just being a normal guy too, so it's not the end of the world, but normally I'd dress a few times a month.

So who else goes long periods without dressing & why?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My normal pattern is about twice a month. After I take a longer break, I usually feel the need to dress more often. But, the urge comes and goes. I'm not concerned if I dress more or less. It never goes away entirely! And, if I ignore the desire, it only gets stronger!

Go with the flow, I say! And, you'll be fine!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's been 9 mo and counting since my wife lost her job and I lost my femme time - oh yeah an hour here or a few min there but I long to dress and go out for the day. My wife knows but is not exactly supportive - I dress and show her but I miss getting out so much, she has said she does'nt mind if I go but I feel guilty doing this by myself and not something with her --- but soon I think I will have to as the urge is always there ---- frustrating............................Debra

I'm with you completely. It's been a year since I've dressed head to toe. I'll admit it, I have got to be the laziest crosdresser in the world. But, I am constantly looking for things to buy. Maybe that's more of the thrill for me.
    Hugs,

Zoe

I got a new next door neighbor who is a gossipy busy body. She saw me enfemme one day and told everyone she knew. Although I'd been walking to my car enfemme since Aug 2010, I usually leave town. I live in a small southern town and have some family members I'd rather not 'shock'. My brothers and I inherited property, so there are things that I have to attend to in drab.

I volunteer at the local library (always in drab) and enjoy helping at the library. It was the Librarian who warned me of Mrs. Gossip. The Librarian has known about my crossdressing and we've gone to Pensacola while I was enfemme. I used to travel to her out of town medical appointments with her.

If things get too bad, I resign from the library friends and move to another town where I can be Sally full time.

Real life. Really. Think about it, you don't bungee jump everyday. You don't go to Jamaica every week. GGs don't get all dolled up everyday (well most of them). You do what you feel. I have reached those plateaus and so far they are just good resting points which lead to different things or maybe the same thing if that is where you should be at. You are right, don't force it. It isn't fun if you HAVE to do it.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've gone about 5 months once but that was the longest. I usually take about 2 to 4 weeks off every now and then, but it also depends on if I get tired of shaving for a while.

Nichola, i'm exactly the same, not a day/or even hour goes by when i'm not thinking about dressing, but i've not done it fully for 6 months, i really can't explain it.

i even went shopping the other day, bought some gorgeous clothes, got home tried them on, then put them away after a minute.

I ALWAYS enjoy dressing as well, so i can't figure it out.

I haven't really dressed for about 5 months now, since i bought another classic car as a project that has taken all my free time. The urge to dress went away, but it is starting to come back now, even though the car still wants all my time.
    Katie

Platinum Member
    There was a time when I went weeks between opportunities...and an even longer spell between marriages when I didn't dress at all. I think its pretty normal. Opportunity varies and motivation varies. All you need to do is what feels right for you at the moment.

PS. One thing I regret is starting so late (I just underdressed through my 20's and 30's). I would give anything to have that youthful skin and body again. Enjoy it while you can

Yall are friggen KILLING MEEEEEEEEE ,,,,,,, What NO dressing ??? Ohhhhhhh no ,,,, Weeks ? MONTHS ? Jesus ,,,, I go friggen nuts in a min ,,,LOL ! But I been there ,,, Even longer periods . An it sucks to ,,, But you can always watch ,,, What Not To Wear ! Old episodes of Designing Woman ,, LOL,,, Just to get cha threw ? Good luck ,,An Ill be thinking bout cha ..
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Must be due to the climate changes or el Nina. But, yes, there are periods where it is just too much effort and not necessary. Fortunately they are fewer now!

Now I know that y'all know some fellow CDrs in the UK and with the current deluge of visitors it must be pretty easy to just get out and blend in with the crowd girl... Anyways, my part-time vs full time journey comes and goes with the school year. Since I work from home, when school is in, the SO and offspring are out of the house from 8 to 2. Plenty of time to get ready to head on out. Even getting the blending look takes me about 90 minutes... Then there's summer time when the whole fandamly is home.... Closet door stays shut unless I somehow manage to send them on a vacation like I did the past few weeks.. Wow the whole house to myself for at least four straight days....

Girl, I'm tellin' ya... four days of eating, sleeping, waking up and gettin made up is tiring to say the least but it's a blast.... Gets to the point where I could get used to this life..... but then realty strikes and have to clean up the house and put everything back away in the closet....

That's my status so far on this journey.... who knows what the future will bring.....

Renne.....

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    i bought another classic car as a project that has taken all my free time. The urge to dress went away, but it is starting to come back now, even though the car still wants all my time.
    For me the novelty fades. Proved that theory after going through three cars (bmw, audi and porsche) in 12 months. I agree with Lorileah...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    don't force it. It isn't fun if you HAVE to do it.
    But I also think, well least for myself, trying to add distractions in an effort to curb my CDing is a futile excercise.
    These days I go with the flow. If I feel like doing it, I do it, if not, I don't. The last time I dressed was over 6 weeks ago. There seems no ryhme nor reason to when I get the pinch to CD. Though, if I'm super stressed the desire matches my stress levels.
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 07-26-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typos
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Weeks,months how about 3 years?No under dressing nothing.I may have thougnt about it but needed masculine mind set to accomplish what I needed to do 24/7,365.This was so many years ago now I almost forgot about it until I read your thread.Now the thought of not dressing in some way seems unnatural.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Going for more than a couple of days endrab is very frusting for me, I'm endrab right now and am not happy about it, but a also have other issues that are bothering me.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Too long, and it's a mixed bag of reasons the biggest of which is having extremely limited funds.
    The biggest issue being that I cannot wear women's clothes if I still look like a man, a full effort must be made but unfortunately that fell out of my price range.

I'm not worried though, I get more out of therapy than any amount of clothes or makeup combined.
    My only beef with myself is being here 3 years (off and on) and not posting any "proof", I don't really care too much about what others think about that but I personally feel a bit fake.

Oh well, reading and posting here has helped me through so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    It isn't fun if you HAVE to do it.
    Well, I don't know, Lorileah. There is the submissive type, you know: it isn't fun if you don't have to do it.

As for me, I've been dressing a lot lately. Will I ever get tired of it? I hope not. It certainly feels like the natural thing to do.

hi Nichola, I believe that its a case of the right time and motivation. i have had several times when a Kathryn time has been pre-arranged for a while and then when the time comes it just dont feel right so does not happen. But what I do find is that the next time that I do dress fully its more enjoyable. Dont worry you are gorgeous and I dont understand why you worry about going out as you will pass easily.

Love Kathryn

I can't remember the last time I dressed in full drag. Maybe June 2011? But I often dress androgynously, so never a week goes by that I haven't worn something fem mixed in with male stuff, whether its jeans, flip flops, or some female accessory or under garment. As far as going full fem, too long.

Helen time has been a bit scarce of late and due to work commitments it looks like it's going to be even rarer. Can't say I'm overjoyed at the prospect. Still, look on the bright side, I can seek solace here with all you lovely people.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Its sooo hard with family (wife/son) around.I think its been about 4 yrs since i went to a GNO at a gay club.Ill usually just slip on heels n hose when nobodys home........

Makeup addict!
    Sometimes life happens and prevents me from crossdressing more. But three months without dressing seems like too hard a task for me

Quote Originally Posted by zorianacd View Post
    I'm with you completely. It's been a year since I've dressed head to toe. I'll admit it, I have got to be the laziest crosdresser in the world. But, I am constantly looking for things to buy. Maybe that's more of the thrill for me.
    So...I don't dress often either, however I live to shop for.new things for when I do dress.

Ashlynn

I did not dress for a decade. Just did not make any sense to Spock Logic like mine..where will Cding get me, what will become of this I thought. I am a man.

If that is how you are feeling Nichola, just enjoying being a man, that is OK. There are few reasons I could think of why some one would not dress up. What I mean is they can not because they have no time or no privacy. I have had moments when I look at my Breast Forms, and I say what am I doing. This is weird stuff.

I have learned much over the years. My Tg'ed issues are permanent. It is better for me to surrender to them and dress up and, well take this ride.

Just keep an eye open honey. When I do not dress there are repercussions, the girl energy goes some where else, not good for me. But you sound like you just like to dress up every so often(and do a good job of it too).

I dress every day and night, but I am pretty sure I am a TG'ed, just ran from it all this time, so the dressing helps me feel real.

I enjoyed the pics you posted Nichola, so I will have to wait for your time of the month(hee hee hee).

Please feel at ease and dress as you like. I am envious of your patience and restraint, I am the am the reason they tacked an extra O on too.

♥♥♥
    Noemi
    Last edited by Noemi; 07-27-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    polythene pam