Thread: Do most goth clubs allow/have crossdressers there?

Do most goth clubs allow/have crossdressers there?

I know that gay bars can be a place for crossdressers to socialize while dressed, but I was wondering if goth clubs can serve the same purpose.

I also found an article a while back that said that goth clubs are a good place for crossdressers to meet girls accepting of crossdressing. This is a different route than the traditional meet-a-girl-and-tell-her-about-dressing-later approach.

Hi Dack, I once spent a very nice New Years eve at a goth club dressed to the nine's!! On a similar note I shall be at the Whitby(UK) goth festival in Oct/November. Any one else?
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

Banned Read only
    In my vast experiences, yes, goth clubs (in general) are a good place to meet others like yourself or GG's who like crossdressers. Now I don't know about your particular area. You may find yourself running for your life. You just got to kinda go in and feel the place out.

GG
    Goth clubs won't care if you're crossdressed or not.

But try at least to look goth or take some interest in the subculture. Goths want to meet other goths, who share their taste in music and live a similar lifestyle. Goth clubs tend to attract pervy guys who are only there because they think goth girls are hot. Or they get off on wearing their fetish clothes out in public and fail to realize that they're just being tolerated, not accepted. If you just want to have a good time, wear whatever you like and have fun. If you are really trying to meet women, you'd need to at least learn the basics of being a goth. If you show up at Whitby all clueless ("Sisters of who? Fields of the what?") then you probably won't have much success with the ladies.

There's a famous one around here in Ybor City, called "The Castle." They certainly don't care what your wearing, but they do like to see The Color "Green!" I don't know about other places, and other clubs; but just about everyone in The Community (L/G/BDSM/T/BBW's/Goth's of course, and probably some Furries too) goes to The Castle. Same thing down The Street at "The Ritz."

If in doubt, call em' up and ask them? That seems like a logical first step. My guess is that they will say: "Come on down. Just bring your money!"

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-27-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Goth is very accepting of androgyny, and crossdressing. They do prefer the former however.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Silver Member
    "Do most goth clubs allow/have crossdressers there? "

Well, yes. With a little experience under your bra strap I think you will find that MOST clubs "allow/have crossdressers there". Clubs are in business to make money and don't allow any trouble. It's a rare club that will turn away a paying customer. Really.

But listen. Unless you want a Goth girlfriend, why go to a Goth bar looking for one? While the women in a Goth bar might be accepting of you, I would think they would mostly want a Goth boyfriend, don't you?

Stephie

I got my start in goth clubs because, duh, I was a goth. When I went from frilled pirate shirts to lace and velvet dresses, nobody cared. And I have yet to go into a goth club and have an issue. More often, I end up sharing shopping tips!

But don't go to one looking like a soccer mom, okay? Try to make an effort. Basic black always works.

As for finding a girlfriend at one? Probably not.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Why wouldn't they allow it?

sterling12, isn't Ybor City kind of a police state now? I went down there last month for the Scion fest and it look like a total Nazi checkpoint at some of the club's doors.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Let's get it out in the open. We don't have goth clubs near here, so I haven't a clue. R they fetish oriented or not?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Doll!

We've had several shootings and killings over the last few months. But those seem to be related to "Business Disputes" between Drug Dealers, (with the occasional innocent civilian catching a slug) and centered around Those Kind's of Crummy Dance Clubs on The East Side of Ybor.

The Two Clubs I mentioned haven't had any trouble! But, you go down there on A Friday or Saturday Night with big crowds and some young Tuff's looking for "action", expect a High Police Profile! They will behave a lot like New Orleans Finest, down in The French Quarter during Mardi Gras. Expect low-tolerance, keep your mouth closed, don't do Public Drunk, and don't give them trouble. Then...."You be fine!" The TG Crowd, at least a lot of the more mature one's favor Hamburger Mary's.
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-28-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Boy am I stupid! I just thought that you had misspelled what you were trying to ask and after reading all the replies, I finally caught on. One of the things that I really want to do someday is play a round of goth dressed as Annie. Anybody else make the same mistake?

Gold Member
    Most "club" clubs seem the same -
    It is dark, loud techno crap music, smoky, overcrowded, people are stuck in their cliques, the creepy guy trying to get laid, the shy wallflowers, the ones who walk around like they own the place, the middle age drunk chick who wants to kick everyone's ass, the 21 year old college girl who is yelling and hollering like she is the life of the party, the fat guy playing the video game machine, the ones who are bragging about it being their first time there, the old creepy guy who is trying to get laid (oh wait said that already), the crowd in the parking lot, the security guard or bouncer at the door who thinks he is a real cop... ...and maybe a couple people you can talk to who are just there to chill.

At least the clubs I have been to it seems this is the typical scene. Doesn't seem to be too much about how you dress. People probably won't notice much less care. The only things that will happen is -
    the 21 year old college girl acting like your best friend, the creepy old guy will want to have sex with you, the middle age drunk chick will want to kick your ass, the bouncer will be doing a forensic test on your ID to make sure it isn't fake, the "club owners" will walk past and not notice you cause you are not on (what they think is) their level of coolness, the wallflowers acting like statues (and they will not notice or talk to you cause they are too busy being nervous)

You might make new friends with the ones who are just there to chill.

So yeah, clubs are like that you know? Not sure about taverns but I hear those are really bad news cause people will want to fight instead of just slur about fighting
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.