[SIZE="2"]Since, according to some, ALL MtF crossdressers are transgendered, we are associated with the GLBT community, the “T” standing for transgendered, I assume. In a broad sense, any person who transits the alleged distance between M and F is TG by definition, and I am using that modern label in this post even though I do not consider myself to be transgendered. For all of you staunch supporters of GLBT, I have a few questions. Here goes...

On TV tonight I heard a woman say “I support the LGBT community.” Is this because she’s a woman, and lesbians come first in the same-sex hierarchy (in her mind)? Are there perhaps regional re-orderings of the letters G, L, B, and T according to what has been decided on by the community in a given location? You tell me. Carrying on with this logic, would a bisexual say (or write) BGLT, or maybe BLGT, depending on what your birth gender happened to be? More importantly, is there a pecking order amongst same-sex individuals, or is it more like a game of musical chairs, much like the one we played back in the first grade? If we are to be as politically correct as possible, why assemble these four disparate groups in the first place? Relax, I'm just curious...

Yet another question – this was alluded to in another thread a few weeks ago. Maybe it was my thread about the lovely word “queer,” which used to be a catch-all term for G, L, B, and T. Tell me – if you’re a heterosexual MtF crossdresser, how can you possibly be part of GLBT? Since “T” is included in the four letters, the implication is that all transgendered behavior comes under the heading of homosexuality. This somehow marginalizes hetero MtF CD’s, and they are thus assumed to be gay, much to the consternation of their wives, SO’s, girlfriends, family members, or associates, distorting the “normal” lives everyone thinks they are living. I know concessions have to be made for political expediency, but I don’t see how heterosexual crossdressers fit into this “community” idea. Politically we don’t exist, so we cannot exist socially, and vice versa...

Here’s another question I have about GLBT – why is “T” always at the end? Are transgendered individuals the weak sisters or Johnny-come-latelys of the queer universe? Were the TG’s begrudgingly added on at some point because they are traditionally associated with homosexuals in a peripheral sense (case in point: transvestites)? Was it a case of not fitting in anywhere else, so they (we) bonded with the rest of the people that society cannot easily tolerate? Also, is it OK for a TG to say “TGLB,” or “TLGB,” or even “TBLG?” Let’s be fair in a communal sense, and display some consistency, even though it CAN get very confusing, and important issues tend to fall through the cracks as everybody jockeys for position...

I’m not questioning the accomplishments of same-sex advocacy groups or political movements, but, once again, I feel left out. A man who likes to wear women’s panties to feel good is not the same as a transgendered individual, do you agree? To the world, I belong with GLBT because I’m doing something very queer along the lines of gender, according to the “standard” everyone has agreed upon, but, to me, I’m just wearing the “wrong” clothes to be happy as I remain male. Oh, I might feel warmed by what I term second-hand female sensibilities, but, much like Cinderella, I always revert to drab after playing dress-up. In my case, TG stands for “tiny girl,” since I am beneath nearly everyone’s notice (and contempt). That’s OK, though – I like being small and meek, under a big sky, free of “group” thinking...

Could there possibly be such a thing as a formal CROSSDRESSING community, or are we much too individualistic to be part of anything like that?

BTW, I sincerely mean no harm - these things just fascinate me. I KNOW everybody is doing the best they can under unusual circumstances...
[/SIZE]