Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That line between shame and happiness

Aspiring Member
    Consider yourself lucky that you know how to do it. My father was hard union man you didn't practice other peoples trades. You took your auto to them. About the only thing I really know how to do is bake and cook with some creativity. That was always a sore point when I was married that I could bake better then the wife at the time. I still enjoy baking now I just think of it being the womanly thing to do. Just wish I had somebody that would appreciate my talents.

First of all, if you were like everyone else, you'd be boring. But the way you are is interesting—you're you—and you add color and style to an otherwise boring world. I wish you were my neighbor.

Shame and happiness... Two words that don't normally fit into the same sentence. Right now, for me... It's not possible to dress very often as I am staying in a town where everyone knows who I am. Yes, I'd feel some shame or embarrassment if I were exposed. However, when I go home to the large city I live in I am not humiliated in the least to go into Super stores or the B&N dressed and femme. I too enjoy working on cars, the home, playing and watching sports... But, there is also Jenny that makes me happy.
    I just wanna be pretty.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    More like, "Guilt and happiness", for me, Nathalie. Since I came out here, I'm never been ashamed of Sherry! Sometimes, I've even been proud of her!

The guilt comes from all the TIME and ENERGY I spend on her! She's such a demanding and self centered b--, ah--, lady!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    Hi,

It goes back to how you accept your self ...or... not.

How to be unhappy missable as hell . yea a great life, like hell i was going to be like that.
    Thats why im a woman. not by my choseing not by my reasoning ether.
    Im a female / woman by birth. just done over a bit with my maleness some what, All this is not about doing things or working with males , this is about being true to who you are ,

FIRST .....as a person. then as to who you ...ARE...i know what i am & thats it. I dont think about it , i just live it.

Can i just say change your mind set & just accept the way you are & stop worrying about all the other things That are bugging you.

You say your happy & peace with in. are you sure . not what i see you say here, guilt & rage, are saying more than any happyness,

It does come down to really ...REALLY....accepting .... YOU.....

...noeleena...
    After a very long time I thought I'd accepted myself - then someone (me?) moved the bar higher. Not wishing to make light of anyones distress, but it really is easier for some than others. Deciding to live FT is possible for some but unrealistic for others. Not being in the 'possibles' group makes for a lifetime of unhappiness, regardless of whether we accept who/what we are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]

Maybe it is the depression that you can't stay a girl all the time. It is funny I try and stay away from doing what is called normal guy things but i end up having to do it. ExP. Cutting the grass, fixing things be they are electrical or plumbing are to name a few. I hate getting dirty nowor messing my nails up while before this thing came into my life I enjoyed doing yard work or fixing things. I also know that woman can do those things as well too but In my feable mind that don't go hand in hand. I don't think you should be ashame and just enjoy what you get to do. Hey if you can go in a book store and nobody bats and eye you should feel proud. Your avatar shows me you fit right in to the fem ways. BE PROUD AND HAPPY!!!!
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I want to thank you all for the great comments, you are all wonderful!

For a little preface, I was out two nights ago at a burlesque show in Coney Island Brooklyn, NY, a risqué one at that. I was wearing a sun dress, heels, and my wig. It felt great going out, but the reality with this crowd, I was a bit too tame, and perhaps a bit too polished, seeing that my presentation didn't seem to faze anybody....not that I was trying to. I won't mind telling you that wearing the wig made me feel like the average crossdresser, but I did it just to glam things up a bit.

Now, last night I went out in my own hair on a shopping excursion, still makeup & eyeliner, but more average woman. It feels more "me" this way.

I'm sure for those who do have the opportunity to get out once in a while, you feel a certain harmony within , and everything is just fine. You doll up, you go out, you come home and put the wig and forms away, and it's back to your normal routine. With me, it got beyond that. Nowadays, I let my hair fall down my shoulders, trim my eyebrows, wear earrings, and flip-flops with red or purple nail polish pretty much all the time. Four years ago, I never saw myself doing any of this. I was about as boring, buzz-cut guy as many guys typically are. The issue is not what is normal or what isn't normal, it's more the fact that sometimes I still feel out of place in a world where crossdressing is not a typical thing. Even though I have been treated great and wonderful by everyone I have come in contacted with, sometimes I still feel alienated. The shame episode I came home from B&N was fleeting and soon dissapeared....but it arose none the less. No matter how "me" I try to be, sometimes certain negative feelings still emerge.

Noeleena wrote:
    My maleness for what it is does not register in being a male. looks yes. just not how im wired .
    Noeleena, I get that. I have quite a few friends who are transsexual, but in my case, it's not quite like that.

Cheryl T wrote:
    We're all torn with that question from time to time. That's what creates the urge to purge in so many of us.
    No matter how confident or good we feel, or how good we feel being ourselves, we still have to deal with the fact that this is not an easy thing to cope with.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    With me, it got beyond that. Nowadays, I let my hair fall down my shoulders, trim my eyebrows, wear earrings, and flip-flops with red or purple nail polish pretty much all the time. Four years ago, I never saw myself doing any of this.
    Pretty much how it hit me too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]