Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to have a full weekend en-femme

Where to have a full weekend en-femme

Girls

I will have the opportunity to visit the eastern US in the fall and was thinking where would be the best place to spend an entire weekend (plus Monday) completely en-femme? Are there are any cities more CD friendly tha9n others? I will be in NJ/PA area anyway, but would be willing to fly or drive up to 4-5 hours for a fun weekend.

I will be on my own so looking for place with things to do all day in addition to shopping, nail salon etc. I am not good at eating alone when in male mode so would not do this en-femme, so was thinking of places with good evening entertainment. I will have a rental car but would like a smaller place (not a major city) where I can walk and peruse the place rather than drive.

Thank you for any suggestions

Hugs
    Natasha

Boston is beautiful in the fall. Tons of things to do history resturants shoppes waterfront
    And transgender people have legal protection here

New Hope pa is a great gay friendly town, No problem at all

I spent a weekend pretty much en-femme in New Hope. Stayed at the New Hope Lodge in the Woods, beautiful place. Right across the street from the Raven night club. I highly recommend the trip.

I should also mention that during the day if you are hanging out outside at the Lodge (which is not a problem en-femme), you will occasionally hear the whistle of the New Hope-Ivyland railroad, a restored steam train. A nice perk if you appreciate old trains.

I have been to Provincetown on the tip of Cape Cod, crossdressers and gays are very open in that area. It is a very friendly place that seems to support people like us.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    Girls

I will have the opportunity to visit the eastern US in the fall and was thinking where would be the best place to spend an entire weekend (plus Monday) completely en-femme? Are there are any cities more CD friendly tha9n others? I will be in NJ/PA area anyway, but would be willing to fly or drive up to 4-5 hours for a fun weekend.

I will be on my own so looking for place with things to do all day in addition to shopping, nail salon etc. I am not good at eating alone when in male mode so would not do this en-femme, so was thinking of places with good evening entertainment. I will have a rental car but would like a smaller place (not a major city) where I can walk and peruse the place rather than drive.

Thank you for any suggestions

Hugs
    Natasha

Hi Natasha,

I'll be keeping an eye on this post, as me and wifey will be over in Baltimore visiting my son around September/October. Looking for some eastern side ideas.
    I can steal all relevant info from you!

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    I was going to recommend just going to NYC. You can do anything you want in the Big Apple. But New Hope, PA is a good idea. So is Provincetown, MA. Both those small towns are VERY used to seeing crossdressers. Boston, another big city, is nice too.

The reality is that most of northeastern United States is pretty liberal and accepting.

S

Check out Fantasia Fair in P-town. Lot's of fun, a whole town at your beckoning, and a few hundred potential new friends. That will be my annual vacation this year

I wasn't aware of New Hope, but it sounds like a great place for a long weekend, not that my wife would ever accept a full femme weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I wasn't aware of New Hope, but it sounds like a great place for a long weekend, not that my wife would ever accept a full femme weekend.
    New Hope, Pa. and Lambertville, NJ across the bridge are really touristy and crowded on the weekends, but very fun and accepting places.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie R. View Post
    I have been to Provincetown on the tip of Cape Cod, crossdressers and gays are very open in that area. It is a very friendly place that seems to support people like us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocee View Post
    Check out Fantasia Fair in P-town. Lot's of fun, a whole town at your beckoning, and a few hundred potential new friends. That will be my annual vacation this year
    Just what I was going to suggest, but it's probably and 8 hour drive, but I think Cape Air still flies there (for a price).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Las Vegas, Its a little podunk town in Navada. I think you could fly there in 4-5 hours

Rehoboth Beach, DE is very LGBT friendly. If you find yourself near Cape May, NJ, take the ferry to Lewes (which is a quaint little bore hole) and head south about ten minutes or so and you're there. Very nice boardwalk, lots of stuff to do. Oh, yeah... No sales tax in Delaware.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I spent a glorious week en femme one July in Philadelphia miggling and visiting all the tourist sights. I wouldn't have passed but tried to blend - no negative comments at all. From there a day trip to Atlantic City included a few hours on the beach in a swimming costume. Met a friendly GG there too. Again absolutely no negative comments despite being totally out and about.

Oh such great memories. The face took a while to recover.

Girls , thank you so much for your help, those are great suggestions.

Jocee, I would love to go to the Fantasia Fair but its the wrong weekend..typical.

I never thought of the big apple either as I discounted the big cities as I wanted to get out and walk not drive but I am unlikely to need to drive in Manhattan and oooo the thought of get dolled up in my LBD and going to Broadway for a show is really attractive. Also I love the though of New Hope and Rehoboth Beach (Sophia Claire the thought of no sales tax risks excess luggage on the way home.)

Michelle, Davina what is Atlantic City like is it similar to Las Vegas with big amazing hotels and
    lots of entertainment?

Anyway thanks again girls.

Rebecca, I will let you know how I get on for planning your own soiree.

Hugs
    Natasha. x

New Hope is a great LGBT-friendly place, but it may be kind of quiet depending on when in the fall you go.

Honestly, if you only have one place to go on the east coast, you can't beat NYC.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

My wife of all people has researched this for a little 3 day get-away for us, and found that Las Vegas sees a lot of this lifestyle and is accepting. At least this is what she tells me... We are planning a trip in a few months, with the only male clothes I wear will be on the plane, and she wants to renew our vows both as brides, which would serve to fill a fantasy of mine.

p town on the cape in mass is wonderful....can't go wrong there. enjoy!!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    Rebecca, I will let you know how I get on for planning your own soiree.
    Hugs
    Natasha. x
    Hi Natasha,

In my best, very British accent....."Thanks awfully".
    Actually, it's a broad south London accent, I'm a serial 'H' dropper, so it works better in text.

Would be great to go femme when I'm in the US with my wife, so look forward to any help.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Wow...New Hope...haven't been there in ages. I used to go the the Cartwheel but I understand it burned down. There also used to be a great lingerie/etc. shop called "Le Chateau Exotic"....but I bet that's gone as well...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

The lingerie shop was there 2 years ago when I went through New Hope. Kinda up on a hill.

Rainy I dont know about Atlantic City, But vegas does have some hotels, the lighting sucks they need more street lights or something. As far as shows go the person voted best show girl in Vegas used to be a man, go figure.

In Philadelphia PA there is "The Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery". I know one TS that has had her surgeries there. They have a website.
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post
    In Philadelphia PA there is "The Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery". I know one TS that has had her surgeries there. They have a website.
    Tamera, forgive me for saying, but that doesn't sound like a wonderful place to hang out for the weekend.