Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got laughed at.....

Got laughed at.....

And not by a store employee. I stopped by Target after work yesterday to pick up a few things that I was low on, moisturizer, deodorant, and a few tubes of lip gloss, and as I'm waiting in line, the guy behind me starts giggling like crazy. He looks at me, back at the other customers in line, back at me, laughing louder and louder. I knew what was up so I finally look at him and ask "and what's wrong with you? He just shakes his head and tells me that he was "admiring the selection of things I was buying" (all feminine stuff), in a snarky way, all while still giggling like a five year old. I ask him if he got a good enough look, then I open the bag and ask if he'd like a closer inspection. Still laughing, he's not sure what to say. Before I walk off, I smile and I tell him "And it's all for me. Have a ball with that".

Shoot, he should have been there last week whe I was buying underwear and restocking on some cosmetics. His head would have likely exploded from the "hilarity" of it all. It didn't bother me in the slightest but I was surprised at the overt rudeness of this mouth breather. Some people, amirite?

There ya go ,,Another closeted little boy just didn't know what else to say I guess ? Probily bad manners runns in his family ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Prolly nervous laughter covering what he bought yesterday

Way to go Rachel! Giggling like a five year old his stolen g-string was probably far to tight

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That was probably was just his way of FLIRTING with ladies, Rachel!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well the joke was on him Rachel as you handled it well. Sounds like an immature little boy trying to get attention.

I might have asked him if his mama ever taught him manners. ( That would be assuming that she was out of the kennel when she had him.) Explain that a gentleman is polite and doesn't stick his nose into others business.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    Rashel, how were you dressed? Were you in boy or girl mode?
    What you were buying was just every day stuff. Not necessarily even all that girly.
    What a jerk!
    SheriM

I think you handled that well.
    Are you sure he wasn't a crossdressing thirteen year old girl?
    I just LOVE young teenage girls.
    Especially when I am dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriM View Post
    Rashel, how were you dressed? Were you in boy or girl mode?
    What you were buying was just every day stuff. Not necessarily even all that girly.
    What a jerk!
    SheriM
    I was in boy mode. Just wanted to pop in on the way home to get a few things. This guy was really immature for someone I presume to be in their forties. I didn't let it bother me. Fortunately, I don't care what people think any more. Especially the ignorant ones. Also, the lip gloss I bought is fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel,, It's like Stacy B. said last week "never let them take control never give up your hold"
    otherwise they will beat you down .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    What is the difference between WalMart and Target? The address.

Don't concern yourself with the idiots. There are way too many more important things worry about. Like when do those cute dresses go on sale!
    Last edited by Jorja; 08-01-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Had a thing like that happen today at WalMart I was checking out some camo capris on sale and found a pair so I draped them over my arm and went back to looking at the rack.
    There was a man and wife(30's maybe) looking at the rack.
    She paid no attention to me at all and I was in guy mode BTW.he poked her and said "that guy just picked out girl shorts" oh sh*& he must be a fairy.
    She in no certain terms told him to shut up and mind his own business.
    She looked at me and smiled then looked at him scowled and said he's a jerk sometimes.I smiled back and told her thats OK I he's yours not mine.She let out a small giggle.

Situations like this do happen to me but not all that often so I just don't worry what guys like that think.
    Think of it this way you wear what you want and he has to wear all the ugly men's clothes.

Good for you Rachel you handled it perfectly!!!
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-01-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Rachel,

A good job indeed! Many many years ago, like when I was 22 or so, the drummer in the band, who was older and allegedly wiser, told me how he loved to buy his wife clothes - the lot, from tops to interesting lingerie (OK maybe not coats) as he would hide them in her drawers/dressers (translation issue! amongst her other clothing works better!) as 'presents' to find. Now some GGs may find this weird but as a young guy with a young wife to be, I thought this was dead romantic, so I did it too...

So for me I have been buying women's clothes of all types for my wife for a long time.. I have had embarrassing moments, but if they are for your partner... WHY?

Now to when they are for you/us... I usually default into my pattern of many years, on the grounds that most blokes wouldn't DARE buy sexy clothes for their wives. When I have I have mostly had great responses from the women (one bad one with a silly teenager... ho-hum!)... they SO WISH their guys would buy for them!

So this is a good tactic! I talk to SOs a lot... 'she likes this, not so much that, what do you think?'

So the die hards here will now say that is cheating - quite so, but it works for those of us who want to limit confrontation...

And now back to Rachel - BRILLIANT! These idiots are so locked into their limited worlds they do need the monkey to be shocked!

I feel no embarrassment at all with buying clothes in male mode... now buying them en femme is another challenge! To come?
    Last edited by Kaz; 08-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Banned Read only
    I really do detest and loathe immature idiots like the one that was trying to embarrass you like this. I was at Wal-mart a few months ago, and of course I was looking at bras and panties the whole time I was there. I went to work the next day and the lady that I work with walked up to me and said, "I saw you at WM yesterday", she said with a sneaky-giggle. I said yes I was there, I was getting a new phone for my wife, she said, yes I know. I left it at that. I wondered was she going to tell all of the other guys I work with that are like the guy at the register. She never did I guess.
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 08-01-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I feel no embarrassment at all with buying clothes in male mode... now buying them en femme is another challenge! To come?
    As someone who has recently started shopping en femme I can say that it is the most fun and liberating way to do it. I had a huge shopping outing with some girls from our group recently, at one of my favorite malls, and it was completely fantastic. We were treated wonderfully in every single store we went into. Even the Disney store!

I shop at Target and Walmart for most of my cosmetics, boy mode, and usually no one ever looks in my direction. but ya know, it has been like ten years since I'd been laughed at for a purchase so I was long overdue. My tactic now is to confidently admit everything and hopefully, make the offender feel like the silly one.

had a similar time at a store and yes it is so fun to do exactly that...(i was in guy mode) turn and with a big confident look..say yep its for me, how bout that....i brought the lady at the counter to laughter...and the idiot looked even more stupid...love it...and i pranced out the store with a smile!!

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    been there myself..........taken with a grain of salt
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds to me like a closet-case too Well handled Rachel x

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    What is the difference between WalMart and Target? The address.
    wow, so you insinuate only low-lifes go to WalMart and Target?

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaKelly<3 View Post
    Sounds to me like a closet-case too Well handled Rachel x
    Yep, probably thinking to himself. "Wow I sure wish I could have the guts to buy those things, like that guy, but no I can't! " "That would mean I'm admitting that I do want to wear women's clothing!" "Better make some imature comment that way it will confirm that I am not trans!" "Yeah, that's what I'll do to make me a real man!"
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Gold Member
    It comes down to ..."Some Peoples Kids"
    It is scary, but they Vote and reproduce.
    Rader

Great answer Rachel! Some boys never grow up!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I like it, Rachel. What was the reaction of the other customers to this comedian, if any?

Andy, I would be tempted to have a chat with the supervisor about how to deal with unruly customers. I suspect it's a fine line.

Way to go girl, i loved how you handled him... i hope when this happens to me i can deal with it as good as you did... and not punch him in the nose...