Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I alone with this...

Silver Member
    I came of age in the late 80s/early 90s, and even coming from a moderate catholic upbringing self pleasure was not really something talked about much either way; it was not encouraged or looked upon as something good, but it was kinda/sorta said to be bad but not actively condemned either, and it was common knowledge by then all males did it and it was just a part of growing up. Maybe it was the other issues of the day (like AIDS and teenage pregnancy) that made masturbation seem like a sane alternative for teenage boys. Growing up I never felt any guilt at all about it, and I knew being a male at some point some sexual relief was necessary and I thought of it as akin to going to the bathroom. I was ashamed of my attraction to womens' clothing, however.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    No you're not alone in this. I myself had an unexpected bouts of depression after ,well you know, while cross-dressed. I thought I was over such things I haven't had such a glum feeling in a long while. So I begin to ponder why this is happening. And then it hit me, I was crashing after a great euphoric high. I believe that's why this is so common, we all reach a great height of the motion our brain is pumping out endorphins and then all of a sudden it stops. It's no wonder that that sudden slam of the brakes feel so depressing. Our minds start to rationalize the reason for the depression so it starts to use shame for being dressed a shame that wasn't there before.

The reason why you don't feel ashamed when you dress for long. The time is that during this time you don't let it get that high thus no great crash. You're sort of evened out.

It seems there cannot be great highs without great lows. It might just be the price we pay. The question is can we afford it.

i think alot of us that were raised Catholic...have been conditioned from a very young age that sex is not to be had when you are alone and not for pleasure ....so many of us that were raised that way have been conditioned to feel guilt for our lack of control.

That being said,,,,, We have a Big dose of catholic Guilt.

Sex is a wonderful gift ...it is about losing control and getting caught up in the passion and the good feeling of it all.

As we get older those feelings of guilt go away when we accept its ok to feel good and that we deserve passion and
    have the right to feel good.

And yes as posted by Stephanie47 ......"Although, I am not a GG, I 'think' I read somewhere GG's also sexually stimulate themselves on occasion! So, what's the big deal?.......We GGs do the self stimulation". and that also w age allows us to feel comfortable with doing tht too.
    To thine ownself be true.
    Put out into the universe what you would like to receive in return, because it comes back like a boomerange in 3 fold!

For me it was chemical. I always used to feel that way after sex and it didn't matter how I was dressed or what we did. My wife would want to cuddle and I'm thinking "Oh God please don't touch me." It would go away after a bit and I'd be fine. One advantage of getting older is that the postcoital dysphoria goes away. You think it's shame or whatever but it's just hormones.

well yeah, I think there's an underlying guilt associated with cross dressing anyway, then when you throw the sexual gratification on top of it, the clothes come off and you feel like an a$$hole for a little while. I think we've ALL been through it to one degree or another. I'm now in my late fifties, so the sexual part of it isn't what it used to be, although it's not completely gone. Be kind to yourself.

Im the same way if i can just get past that few minutes i can be alright with it .

Perhaps when I was younger I felt shame and gilt afterwards! Now that it is a way of life for me I have no shame or gilt!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I used to go through the very same feelings back when I was a teenager, and the sex drive was going through the roof so much that I was horny pretty much all the time. For me, sex was always imagined with a woman when masturbating, so if it happenned when I was dressed as a girl, it was very confusing because I couldn't get the 'Im a girl and I want to be with a girl' thing figured out. As I grew older, I don't usually masturbate when dressed as a girl, and the only feelings I have when changing back to boy clothes is a bit of sadness that I have to do that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I used to go through the very same feelings back when I was a teenager, and the sex drive was going through the roof so much that I was horny pretty much all the time. For me, sex was always imagined with a woman when masturbating, so if it happenned when I was dressed as a girl, it was very confusing because I couldn't get the 'Im a girl and I want to be with a girl' thing figured out. As I grew older, I don't usually masturbate when dressed as a girl, and the only feelings I have when changing back to boy clothes is a bit of sadness that I have to do that.
    That sums me up almost to a T... Thanks for your post!!!