Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feet Size Opinion

Feet Size Opinion

Ok so I'm curious about what other people think of this. I've been reading about this surgical procedure you can get done to make your feet smaller. It involves mostly shortening toes and stuff and making the feet narrower. Would any of you consider this to drop a few feet sizes to be able to wear a larger selection of shoes? Or do you feel its a bit too far to achieve beauty?.

Honestly I think the best a surgeon could do for you is shorten your toes and it might make you go down 1/2 a size but I can't see more than that. I did not know there was a procedure to narrow your feet. If its a new procedure I always say to let them experiment on some prisoners before I give it a try.

I think its reasonably new. I think its to do with a bone in the side of your foot or something that they can cut some of it off to make the foot seemingly narrower.

Are you saying that you would go through, what seems to me as a very painful and expensive surgical procedure, simply to be able to wear more styles of shoes?

I don't know how old you are, but most of us develop enough foot problems as we age without complicating things. I would not recommend such invasive surgery for cosmetic reasons.
    Last edited by linda allen; 08-04-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I don't know how old you are, but most of us develope enough foot problems as we age without complicating things. I would not recommend such invasive surgery for cosmetic reasons.
    I totally agree with Linda. Your feet are the size they are for a reason, to support your body as it is. Changing the size - either through banding or surgical procedures will only end up being both painful and uncomfortable but may also lead for more problems down the line. I know there is a limit on larger size styles out there, but frankly it is a price we have to pay for being male...

The only "surgery" my feet get is their nails being cut and that hurts like hell when I cut too close so sod letting anyone do anything else to them!

Cosmetic foot surgery is nothing new.

Toe removal also features in Lewis's book. The growth of this procedure is apparently the result of the popularity of expensive designer heels. Second and third toes that poke out beyond the big toe can be shortened, and crooked fourth and fifth toes can be straightened out. The operation involves cutting a piece of bone out of the joint and reattaching the tendon. Another option is the removal of the baby toe to make pointed shoes more comfortable.
    Quoted from: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...1/women.gender
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Daniels View Post
    Are you saying that you would go through, what seems to me as a very painful and expensive surgical procedure, simply to be able to wear more styles of shoes?
    I've seen the procedure done on Youtube. It was done to a lady who had big feet and she had bad bunions. She had the procedure done while she was still awake and she said it wasn't painful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum2000 View Post
    I've seen the procedure done on Youtube. It was done to a lady who had big feet and she had bad bunions. She had the procedure done while she was still awake and she said it wasn't painful at all.
    OK, but you didn't answer my question. That woman had a valid reason, but would you do it just to wear cute shoes?

cosmetic surgery on body parts that aren't ornamental seems extreme .... risky... and pretty dumb... imho. walking is just about as important as seeing and eating... having a lopsided boob is nothing compared to a foot sewn on backwards!
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-03-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Foot surgery of any kind has a long recovery period (several months) during which you will find it difficult to stand, walk and do many ordinary things. And wearing cute shoes is pretty much out of the question during that time. I've just been through healing a couple of broken toes, and even that kept me mostly in a chair and out of my pretty heels for a month or so. Even if the results were perfect, and that's far from proven, the cost, pain and long downtime (after which you would probably need to learn how to walk gracefully and wear heels all over again) would seem to stack up against this surgery unless it's medically necessary due to some other injury or abnormality.

Then again, I can wear a size 9-1/2 in most shoes, and the selection is not too bad in that size. Maybe I would have a different opinion if my feet were a few sizes larger.

Prissy Girl, I'd be intrigued to see a group of prisoners walking out of the gates on 5" heels after they earned early release for participating in your proposed surgical experiment! I've always thought that if everyone wore high heels and long nails all the time, the crime rate and prevalence of war would both plummet.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    cosmetic surgery on body parts that aren't ornamental seems extreme .... risky... and pretty dumb... imho. walking is just about as important as seeing and eating... having a lopsided boob is nothing compared to a foot sewn on backwards!
    Interesting visual.....foot sewn on backwards. Gives new meaning to the phrase " I don't know if I'm coming or going" !!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Daniels View Post
    OK, but you didn't answer my question. That woman had a valid reason, but would you do it just to wear cute shoes?
    Well I never stated I'd have it done lol. I just wondered what other people thought of the concept of having it done. I do wish my feet were smaller and I know its the downside of being male but it does really suck when you can't just go into a store and try on shoe you want or not having to do such extensive searches on the internet to find a site that sells decent selections in your size.

With bad knees, wearing heels hurts like you can't imagine (the knees, not the feet). So, I just put on my cheerleader uniform and wear sneakers appropriate to the outfit (highlighted with permanent marker in the color of the uniform). Then I remember watching all the pretty girls on their way to work going through the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC, nearly all wearing sneakers with their really nice clothes. And resolve myself to remember real girls wear sneakers, too. Oh, I still have my heels, but don't wear them much anymore.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think it's probably too far to go, but if I had the money to spare, I'd be tempted, to be honest.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar

Ouch! I don't think so

Seems extremely extreme in fact. They make lovely shoes to feet my size 10 UK plates of meat so I'll stick to that route.

If I'm having surgery on my feet, it will be as a result of a road traffic accident or the like! Please bring grapes and flowers when you visit.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    Better alternative would be to get the message across to clothing companies that it would be in their interest to sell larger sized shoes.
    Good point. And in fact, you could probably afford to have quite a few pairs of shoes custom made (or modified) for bigger feet for the cost of the surgery, and without any of the risks.

- Diane

If I was the richest girl on the planet, this would be very far down on my list.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

As a child I was small for my age from 7-15 years old. At 14 years old I could fit into a women's UK size 4. I wouldn't be a candidate for toe surgery as mine are all straight and proportionate and my feet are naturally narrow. But part of me misses the choice of shoes I had when my feet were tiny.

Considering that anything that a surgeon works on is seldom 100% successful I'd never let one hack off or shorten a toe so I could wear cute shoes.

I'm between an 11 and a 12 in women's shoes which does limit me, but I think that I'd go the $$$ custom shoe route before I'd go the $$$$ouch surgery route!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

If I were desperate first would be a boob job, second a boob job and so on........
    Even if I had big webbed feet I don't think so....
    You need them to walk on and after surgery they would be weakened and special care would be needed.
    No high heels, no tight fitting shoes, no nothing... almost.
    Just wear sensible supporting type lace up shoes. Ask a podiatrist. A real foot man.
    You probably want to wear dainty tight shoes on nice little cute feet... Don't bother going there.
    I am wondering how many positive posts you will get.
    This one is extremely NEGATIVE....
    JUST BUY BIG SHOES AND WORK FROM THERE.)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ok so incase anyone is interested. I found this website www.aliexpress.com I think most of the stuff comes from China. They have a GREAT selection of shoes that come in bigger sizes. I think I'm going to try and buy a pair from the site and see what happens. I have a slight obsession with ankle boots aswell thanks to celebrities and they have many on there in size 13! just thought some of you maybe wanted a look. OH they also have lovely Platform pumps!

Aspiring Member
    Having a surgical procedure to make my feet smaller (size 12, myself) would probably be the last surgical procedure I would consider. There are so many others that I would put before feet; especially if it was to cause a more feminine look or feeling. I guess I would have to walk a mile in your shoes before I made my final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    ............. amputated toes would be worse than having big feet. .........
    But you could get a discount on pedicures!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

A bit over the top for me.
    Might as well shorten my legs and arms while I'm at it so I can be that perfect 5'6" I've always dreamed of being.
    Oh, and don't forget to make my hands smaller, and might as well remove a rib or two to shrink my waist.

Then in a few decades when I'm all done and healed I'll be too old to worry about what was too big and will have missed all those wonderful years that I could have been dressing.

Oh, and just for a side note....I just had foot surgery in January to correct an issue....it was no picnic.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !