Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Male Mannerisms?

Average Young Man
    Jesus. Thank you so much. I read that before I went to bed and let it soak in being the volume of information that it is and then read it again when I woke up. I can't thank you enough for putting that much time and effort into doing me this solid. Wow, I'm impressed. Awesome Debbie. I definitely get the whole violence thing because I was beat up a lot in elementary school for numerous reasons I just lost that sensing instinct in my teens. I'll watch for that. Anyway, thank you.
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some very good advice I have nothing to add.LOL
    James Dean was the king of cool IMO so a fine male to pattern yourself after.
    Good luck I'm sure you will do fine!

When in drab mode I tend or have been told that I'm very chivalrous I don’t mean the hot poker up you bum kind but as you mentioned opening doors car doors included and I always stand when a lady leaves the table and hold her chair when she sits down. I'm old school I guess. Just my 2 cents.

Hugs,
    Jane
    "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam," : Popeye

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane-C View Post
    When in drab mode I tend or have been told that I'm very chivalrous I don’t mean the hot poker up you bum kind but as you mentioned opening doors car doors included and I always stand when a lady leaves the table and hold her chair when she sits down. I'm old school I guess. Just my 2 cents.

Hugs,
    Jane
    I'd keep it old school as well. It's just the gentlemanly thing to do. Plus it makes the girl feel really good about herself.
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Some very good advice I have nothing to add.LOL
    James Dean was the king of cool IMO so a fine male to pattern yourself after.
    Good luck I'm sure you will do fine!
    I'd agree! Although, I'm gonna sip the "die young" part and just "live fast"

Banned Spammer
    For sure we want you around here for along time Ha ha.

Average Young Man
    For sure we want you around here for along time Ha ha.
    Lol thanks Tracii. I'd hope I'm not annoying enough to wish death upon ha!

Quote Originally Posted by the_shark View Post
    I'd keep it old school as well. It's just the gentlemanly thing to do. Plus it makes the girl feel really good about herself.
    I'm chivalrous in male mode (although I just call it "polite") and one disturbing thing I've found when I'm in female mode is how few men are actually that way! Still, it feels very good on the rare occasions when a gentleman holds a door for me!

Still, Adam, don't let that discorage you. Being gentlemanly adds tremendously to your presentation!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Eryn is right being a gentelman will only add to your charm.Some guys can't grasp the whole idea but you can be the classy guy that gets it!

Average Young Man
    Thanks Eyrn and Tracii. I fully intend on being the classy guy. I'll keep chivalry alive and well. Not only do the girls like it, but it makes me feel more manly as well. so win win!

Gold Member
    Debbiet;
    Men will go into the military, take hazardous duty where death is high probability, because they believe, and are told, that if they survive, they will have their choice of women. Often, before a key battle, the front-line troops were fixed up with girls who were willing to have sex with the soldiers - so that they would believe this lie. Most of those who survived were just sent to one battle after another, eventually being wounded severely or ending up with shell-shock, battle fatigue, or Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
    What branch of the service where you in????
    If you did not do what you where ordered to do, you either got a big Boot up your rear, or a firing squad.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    In the military you do what you are told end of the story, battle fatigue everybody seemed to get it to some degree.365 and a wake up is all we had to look forward to.
    Before a key battle they brought women in? I sure never saw that.No hanky panky allowed before a mission.
    For me it was head to the ammo bunker and get my tools of the trade lay it out and prep mentally for the mission.

Well, my male siberian husky farts and occasionally belches. But my female does neither.

Not saying that anyone here is a dog, but it might be a start.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

Here's a good website for you. The Art Of Manliness:

http://artofmanliness.com/

Even a Nancy boy like me can learn a few tips there.

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen CD View Post
    Well, my male siberian husky farts and occasionally belches. But my female does neither.

Not saying that anyone here is a dog, but it might be a start.
    Lol, thanks Helen

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Here's a good website for you. The Art Of Manliness:

http://artofmanliness.com/

Even a Nancy boy like me can learn a few tips there.
    Thanks for the site nancy boy

Banned Spammer
    Thanks for the site nancy boy
    Ha ha you are too funny shark.

Average Young Man
    Ha ha you are too funny shark.
    Lol, thanks Tracii. Eh, must be a guy thing...

Banned Spammer
    Mr smartie pants sounds like to me.

Hi Adam! I love how polite you are, and how you express your sincere appreciation and gratefulness for all of the fantastic advice that has been offered to you in this thread! But stop doing that!!! Do not say thanks over and over again! Say it once, be done with it, then grunt in acknowledgement of anything else that follows!

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    Hi Adam! I love how polite you are, and how you express your sincere appreciation and gratefulness for all of the fantastic advice that has been offered to you in this thread! But stop doing that!!! Do not say thanks over and over again! Say it once, be done with it, then grunt in acknowledgement of anything else that follows!
    Lol! Haha, well, I figure I can be polite on the Internet but, if you say so than- haha *grunts*

Gold Member
    Lol! Haha, well, I figure I can be polite on the Internet but, if you say so than- haha *grunts*
    Shark; It is refreshing to see a new member with manners. Your feed back is interesting to others as to
    see what you are thinking from all the information out there. I say you are rite on the mark, go man go.
    Rader

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Shark; It is refreshing to see a new member with manners. Your feed back is interesting to others as to
    see what you are thinking from all the information out there. I say you are rite on the mark, go man go.
    Rader
    Great! Yeah, I like people to know they're really doing me a solid. It's good it's appreciated.

Banned Spammer
    Learn to be indifferent about things that is a guy trait too.LOL
    If someone says "hey man did you see that" say "yeah I saw it" then go on with the conversation.LOL

Average Young Man
    Learn to be indifferent about things that is a guy trait too.LOL
    If someone says "hey man did you see that" say "yeah I saw it" then go on with the conversation.LOL
    Lol, I see what you're getting at haha...