Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Male Mannerisms?

Give your b***s a good scratch when pondering a problem.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Give your b***s a good scratch when pondering a problem.
    Or just whenever I feel nessesary for that matter lol.
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by the_shark View Post
    Or just whenever I feel nessesary for that matter lol.

Yup.. that will work too lol
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh yeah the minor adjustments are a must but always do it on the sly.
    Tight jeans keep the beast under control.LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-14-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Oh yeah the minor adjustments are a must but always do it on the sly.
    Hah, of course. I wouldn't want to walk up to a group of people greet them and then start fondling myself through my shorts lol. Or could I...?
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by the_shark View Post
    but I'm just wondering if there are any specific dos and don'ts or just any other general advice on how to give off that male vibe so to speak without looking like I'm trying too hard.
    Well, don't do what I did. My SO gave me pointers on how to walk like a guy and I looked like John Wayne who'd been riding his horse for three days straight. It was way too exaggerated, so much that my SO and I both laughed out loud. lol

It worked better when I kept my body the slightest bit more rigid and parted my legs a tiny bit more, like an inch.

And just so as not to misconstrue myself, I'm not FtM but was wanting to experience the challenge of adopting mannerisms that are not natural to me.

... oh, and the link below is pretty good. It's an animated walk model by Biolabs that you can slide between the two genders to see the differences. The mistake most people make is to believe they must walk waaay at either end of the scale, which is what makes it laughable in real life. Most people walk someplace in the middle, or slightly to the right or left of the middle.

Click on the "Lines" radio button at the bottom to see the walk more clearly, and there are also walks that reflect different moods:

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Reine

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Well, don't do what I did. My SO gave me pointers on how to walk like a guy and I looked like John Wayne who'd been riding his horse for three days straight. It was way too exaggerated, so much that my SO and I both laughed out loud. lol

It worked better when I kept my body the slightest bit more rigid and parted my legs a tiny bit more, like an inch.

And just so as not to misconstrue myself, I'm not FtM but was wanting to experience the challenge of adopting mannerisms that are not natural to me.

... oh, and the link below is pretty good. It's an animated walk model by Biolabs that you can slide between the two genders to see the differences. The mistake most people make is to believe they must walk waaay at either end of the scale, which is what makes it laughable in real life. Most people walk someplace in the middle, or slightly to the right or left of the middle.

Click on the "Lines" radio button at the bottom to see the walk more clearly, and there are also walks that reflect different moods:

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html
    Hah thats awesome! I think I stared at it for like 3 minutes straight. Who knew dots could move like that?

And I forgot, one of my sons brought a hard copy of this home a few years ago and honestly, I read it in disbelief. I thought it was a big joke but he confirmed that guys really act like this. They just don't do it in front of women. lol

http://www.liquorwits.com/code.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Men tend to be very brief in their use of the sink (if they use it at all).
    And then they come out and hold our hands?
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-14-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Reine

Average Young Man
    And I forgot, one of my sons brought a hard copy of this home a few years ago and honestly, I read it in disbelief. I thought it was a big joke but he confirmed that guys really act like this. They just don't do it in front of women. lol

LOL! Hilarious, with some truth. Awesome thank you.

I am not sure if this has been posted, but it has definitely been apparent. Guys like to be helpful and right. If there is any kind of problem in the room, guys typically like to provide a solution to that problem. This is where a lit if the stereotypes about holding doors, or helping a lady to cross the street come from.

This is (I have been told) why I come across as effeminate; I prefer to defer... Especially to guys... Oh well!

Banned Spammer
    ReineD the man code thing was so funny.LMAO.

It depends on what kind of man you want to present/live as. The subtleties for an "artiste" will be different for a "warrior-poet" or "pick-up artist" (note: the last one could lead to... interesting situations for you.)

as far as opening doors for ladies, not only have you been helpful and polite, it also gives oppurtunity to obseve another side of her .

If possible, socialize with different types of men in different settings. This should help you learn the subtleties.
    Silk and Steel

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I like to people watch. When I have to wait around I watch men and how they walk and talk to others plus I like to watch women as they go by.

Banned Spammer
    Watching people is the best way I agree.

Banned Read only

Don't forget..............I know all and fix all

Thera

[QUOTE=ReineD;2927974]And I forgot, one of my sons brought a hard copy of this home a few years ago and honestly, I read it in disbelief. I thought it was a big joke but he confirmed that guys really act like this. They just don't do it in front of women. lol

Didn't see anything about men never asking for directions?

Pervade, walk, talk loud. Oh ya since of direction no maps hah! See my post is in the Alpha mode color...Flat earth colors...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mbmeen12 View Post
    Pervade, walk, talk loud. Oh ya since of direction no maps hah! See my post is in the Alpha mode color...Flat earth colors...
    You clearly have a problem with alpha males. You're entitled to such an opinion...

But filling young Adam's head with negative tropes about men is likely to have two conclusions:
    1. He will become a bed-wetting self-loather who will never make any positive impact on the world around him.
    2. He will become the kind of man you love to despise so much, as opposed to a cultured person who may find the strength to leave this world just a little better than the one he entered. That's a lose-lose proposition for Adam, for me,for the world, and yes, even you.
    Silk and Steel

First of all KaTanya lighten up. Mbeen12 comment was not any different than what others posted. There are just as many stereo types out there about women as there are about men. I will agree that we all need to try and leave this earth in a better place than in which we arrived.

I withdraw the "bedwetting" part.

@the_shark: As far as fighting goes, you don't have to fight to be a man, but knowing how to fight is definitely useful. I won't pretend to point out rules of thumb, because there are none. A challenge can come from anywhere, at anytime.

The good news? Learning how to fight is like a bank. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it, and those benefits will carry over into other areas of your life.
    Silk and Steel

Male Mannerisms?
    Hey everyone. I got a question for ya. I've been told I can pass as a dude
    pretty well from you fine folks but someone brought up something interesting,
    mannerisms. This may seem like a no brainier or just stupid to all you lovely
    mtf people out there, but I'm just wondering if there are any specific dos and
    don't or just any other general advice on how to give off that male vibe so to
    speak without looking like I'm trying too hard. Anyone with anything to offer is
    more than welcome to answer this.
    Thanks,
    Adam
    First of all KaTanya lighten up. Mbeen12 comment was not any different than
    what others posted. There are just as many stereo types out there about women as
    there are about men. I will agree that we all need to try and leave this earth
    in a better place than in which we arrived.
    Thank you misunderstood super moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The question posted /on the table is advice on a male vibe from @ shark whom we are profile friends on this site, KaTanya...No I don't have a problem, dam near close to being Alpha at any giving moment /time....but I'm the opposite of you, steel to silk. I feel the pain/empathy of anyone who is looking through the forest of life and only sees the trees, FTM MTF etc etc..

Last edited by mbmeen12; 08-27-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

You just act like how you feel in your heart Adam.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    A lot of people know that I was in Construction; That said, It sometimes like a Doctor at the party,
    Everyone has a house ailment that needs fixing, and "Ask The Doctor" is the conservation of the
    night. Now I did not want you to read "Time Life Books" all night, Because I found that 80% of men
    can not use a screw driver. So be aware of the fact, and when asked "You know I have this problem"
    You can truly say that is not my field of endeavor.
    Shark, I do wish you luck, and lets us know anytime we can help.
    Rader

My mom thought a butter knife was just as good as a screw driver. I miss her.

Little Girl
    Men don't think about their mannerisms - that's the trick - I would know.
    "Listen to pickles - she is wise beyond her species." - Krististeph