Thread: Ma'am ed today, but not typical...

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar

Ma'am ed today, but not typical...

Wife and i went out for dinner today to Smokey's, a new bbq spot we like. BBQ meatloaf was fantastic with the deep fried mac and cheese, but I digress.

Cute waitress comes out and takes our drink orders. Brings the cornbread out, brings the drinks out, we ask her to give us a minute. She comes back to take the orders.......

Wife orders. Waitress is writing the order down, and without looking up says, "and what would you like tonight Ma'am. I catch my breath, look at wife who looks inquisitively over her glasses at me, as if to say "what the hell are you doing?" This lovely young thing looks up from her pad, and says, Oh sorry sir."

OK, I was in total drab outward (panties and anklets hidden). Wife has been concerned lately if I thought feminine actions were creeping into my daily male life. I was not aware, but maybe yes, after this.

Most likely just a common slip by a busy waitress, but there are some of us who would hope not. She did get a good tip. And I did get a little rush.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Always nice when it happens

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nice when one sneaks up on you.

I had a similar experience a few months ago:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t-in-male-mode!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    That's so cool when it happens, isn't it? If only she knew.

Hugs
    Jolene

That's pretty cool Barbara! It always has a nice ring to it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Hi Barb, What a rush I can just picture the look your wife gave you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I agree with Blue Orchid. I would have love to have seen your wife face on that one. Had to be great.

Me,,,TOO

Happen to me to ,,The other day at a local clothes store ,,, That SA Said an how are you ladys doing today !!!!!!! HEAVEN ,,,,Im in Heaven,,,,,,WOOOOOO,,,,,,,,HAAAAAA,,,,My plan is coming together ,,,YAK,,,,YAK,,,,,YAK,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

You're lucky you even got a "Ma'am" or a "Sir", regardless of the fact that the waitress got it wrong the first time.

Nowadays, "You guys" seems to be the normal mode of address by wait staff, especially among the younger ones. That's really gender non-specific .

Welcome to the club Barbara! We're fb friends so you know but for others reading here, I'm constantly being referred to as maam, her, she while out with my wife. Sometimes shes ok with it and other times not. All depends on what I'm wearing. It is fun!

Platinum Member
    I don't know what to make of that other than a simple mistake. I do recall that your wife is less than fully-supportive. So, if you're feminine mannerisms are that obvious, maybe the two of you need to talk a little more.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Happens to me a lot while in male mode, it's one of the few occasions I will actually smile and blush. It's a good feeling.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth