Thread: travel in pant suit?

Wink travel in pant suit?

Ive been looking at some conservative dark pant suits and wondering about traveling in them. Specifically if they would be somewhat stealth and if you've done it what worked the best for your own comfort as well as the greatest degree of stealth/going unobserved. I am trying to explore areas beyond underdresssing jeans, shoes and trouser socks that will allow me to feel more comfortable and yet go relatively unnoticed. My appearance isnot androgynous nor feminine though I am working on that as well

you say your appearance is not androgynous nor feminine enough - that may actually help depending just how "girly" the pant suit is since I assume your presenting as a male while your wearing it. Obviously a darker color will help and a more "traditional" color - grey/black/dark blue/etc - colors that people would expect on a guy. Also the blouse will have an impact. I have a nice black pantsuit I got from JCP I wear every now and then, usually with a tan short-sleeve raw silk shell under (and always full under-dressing). The tan shell is not a shiny silk so it looks more like a t shirt - something not uncommon with a suit-coat these days for men. The slacks are a bit of a bell-bottom but not drastically extended to attract attention. But with a mustache I can present only as a male and that is what people see first. The clothes look like I'm comfortable and business-like but not all business. If this were 40 years ago it would almost look like a leisure suit but without the 70's look to it. Now I will add this - if the wife and I are going out for the night and are "dressing up", I will wear a satin or silk shell but in a very dark maroon, blue or black. The dark color doesn't show the material nearly like it would during the daylight. Heck, one night out I even wore a black satin blouse with chiffon sleeves and satin cuffs. Course I never took the jacket off and to just look at it the black satin shirt center section showed through the open front of the coat and the cuffs stuck out for the arm opening - a very tailored look - which I assume is what your looking for

Jenn

I have several pants suits (and 3 piece skirt suits) from Kasper. I wear the pants suits at work and when I travel. They work well and I have had no problems.

It's great to hear these positive experiences and as I had hoped this is encouraging especially the blouse part. Like a lot of you I've found carefully selected pants (and of course who wouldn't carefully select their wardrobe) pass completely unnotice. Since blazers and blouses are bearer the sight line I was wondering a bit about those. It's doable to find constructed blouses but of the opposite buttoning of the jackets and blouse I thought might cross the line. There's nothing wrong and a lot right with pushing those boundaries in the overall social sense but I'm not so courageous as so many of you. I am hoping that enabling this and gradually gaining confidence will help my psyche tremendously. It's just a small thing but the clothes may provide a psychological boost.

Pant suit? I'm relatively new to this but do they really still make those?

Hillary and Condy brought them back? I see them all the time, very popular even among the late 20 some things in relatively conservative business environments where people have to travel, meet other business partners etc.

Silver Member
    I am curious, aren't the back of the pants a bit... "baggy"... if one is wearing a woman's pantsuit en drab, and therefore have no hip padding to fill them out?

I got a black rayon "onesie"--long pants attached to sleeveless tank--by Yessica at C&A in the Hague in June. Wore it and my mustache several evenings, with blouse or man's suitcoat over it to cover my shoulders. A bit flimsy compared to everyone else's pants. Often wore pantyhose underneath because it was chilly.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!