Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Mom Should Have Taught Me

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Well Vanessa she could have taught me to walk, talk, act like a girl. This crap is hard to learn at my age!

You got that right girl!
    When all else fails............................... Read the directions!

But then, what did she teach you? Mine taught me how to roll up those long woolen socks worn under hiking boots, in the same manner she rolled up her stockings before she put them on. She also taught me that lipstick could be used as chapstick (I don't remember if it were a light color or if it had to be wiped off somewhat. And, that vaseline could be used as a sort of mascara (this was in talking about her youth).
    Hey, maybe she knew. I'm still afraid to ask her about these things and others I probably forgot about.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

My Mom was a fantastic cook and an incredible craftswoman who could sew, knit, crochet, and many other wonderful things. If I didn't observe and learn some of these things it wasn't her fault, it was my own.

Same for my Dad. He knew how to build things and repair things. I always thought I learned a great deal from him, but only after I owned my own home did I realize how much I hadn't watched carefully.

They were wonderful loving parents and I miss them.

But I was thinking about this in relation to my son. I've found out that he did learn enough about tools and things from me to be able to make many of his own repairs.

His mother, my spouse, is a retired engineer and executive. She could teach him how to organize a company, but uses practically no makeup and almost never cooks.

I was the homemaker through almost his entire childhood. So he probably learned cooking from me (although in all fairness, despite the fact that I did all of the laundry, it was my spouse who took the time to teach him how to do that).

And he seems to have learned makeup skills from me! He's not a crossdresser but at one time he was very into going to Rocky Horror. He knows that I crossdress, so he'd pop in on me and say, "Dad, can you help me with my makeup?"

Or "Dad, do you have a pair of high heeled boots I could borrow?"

As far as I can see, along with cooking and makeup skills, he apparently came away with tolerance.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

One night I crawled into bed with my wife and I still had on my bra. She looks at me and says "Didn't your mother ever tell you it isn't healthy to sleep with your bra on?" My answer was no she didn't.

Tracy

Sadly mine didn't teach me a thing about anything. they where to busy being drunk.

Silver Member
    Mother was a strict tyrant who demanded I start learning when I was age 4, to do housework, cooking, wash/dry dishes, laundry, sewing, and doing ALL the things little girls do, including makeup, setting my long hair, wearing sissy clothes, etc. and behaving like a good little girl!

Hi Vanessa,

I had all brothers so I ended up helping Mom cook and clean. To this day I prepare allot of the traditional holiday food. We had allot of fun, my Mom and me, during the holidays. It was unheard of for me to be feminine, heaven forbid I was allowed to really express myself. She would correct that right away, which was never pleasant.

Only in the last 10 years I have begun to notice that I am the only male sitting in the kitchen around the holidays. Not that the other men don't help out, they do. But when things wind down and people are either watching the game or smoking I am usually with the girls cleaning up properly and talking.

I stopped doing this because some people in my family are on to me. Not that I am hiding but they talk about gay this and that in front of me.

My Aunt says once, "my girl friend wishes she had a gay child"...you know that was single and had time to pay attention to her still, not overly busy with wife and family........

Oh I did not intend to write all this, well maybe I did.

I wish my Mom taught me how to act like a lady. And that I was really her daughter and we could really be girls together, and it would be all right with her.....

♥♥♥
    Noemi
    Last edited by Noemi; 08-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    polythene pam

Well lets see ,,, had to learn how to cook on my own. I learned how to hem my pants with a office stappler, on my own. So I guess there was a lot I wish my mom would have showed me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    I'm glad mom did not teach me about make up, women's clothing or how to walk in high heels. If she did, I might have grown up and become a crossdresser.
    Heaven forbid! she did teach me to cook though.

The mother of one of my friends taught me how to dress and act like a girl and seduce boys.
    I did kiss a couple, that was enough seduction for me.
    No I did not turn gay either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.