Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whose idea of a joke was this anyways??

Whose idea of a joke was this anyways??

Sometimes I sit and wonder why me? Like who played this bad joke on me? I remember wanting to be a girl as a kid. I had to settle for hiding and dressing as one for years. I did my male traditional role and got married and helped raise a family and thought I had beaten this. But oh no..here I am in my fifties wanting to be a girl again.

I wish I could find out whose cruel joke this was and give them a good talking to!

Too bad I couldn't infect the general population with TGitis for just a little while so they could understand what we go through. Then maybe it would make sense to them.

Rant over.. I feel better now.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I confess, it was me. ........Sorry hon, I'm just having one of those "OK, blame it all on me days" when I saw you post.

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I confess, it was me. ........Sorry hon, I'm just having one of those "OK, blame it all on me days" when I saw you post.

Kelly
    Uhoh.. hope everything is okay with you Kelly.

O Marleena, girl vent all you want. besides you know that it is part of you, and I just wanting to be a girl. Hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

What ???

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Sometimes I sit and wonder why me? Like who played this bad joke on me? I remember wanting to be a girl as a kid. I had to settle for hiding and dressing as one for years. I did my male traditional role and got married and helped raise a family and thought I had beaten this. But oh no..here I am in my fifties wanting to be a girl again.

I wish I could find out whose cruel joke this was and give them a good talking to!

Too bad I couldn't infect the general population with TGitis for just a little while so they could understand what we go through. Then maybe it would make sense to them. You want to be a Girl >? That is what this site is about ? Crap Now Ya tell me ,, I thought this was a Dating site ? An I was making So many Friends so easy ,, Should have known better . Oh well since IM here mite as well CONFORM ,, Ill get my purse !!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

@ Stacy

Dating site? lol. Ooops...

An I was doing so good ,,Till now ,,, Should have known something was a MISS ,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    An I was doing so good ,,Till now ,,, Should have known something was a MISS ,,,,
    It's okay I won't tell anybody.

The Gods are laughing at you! Your just a Pawn in their cruel game of Fate!

Or....it's random cause and effect.

But, here's the really sneaky part....there ain't no answer! NOBODY knows The Whys. Not some Egghead in Academe', not your Shrink, not your Spouse, or your Momma; and certainly not ourselves, or yourself!

So, learn to live with it.....and enjoy!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Well Marleena, I'm not sure I can pinpoint exactly who is the perpetrator of this cruel joke, but I've learned to laugh, accept and enjoy my feminine side. That puts the joke right back in the hands of the perpetrator and leaves me to like myself as the dual personality I am.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post

Too bad I couldn't infect the general population with TGitis for just a little while so they could understand what we go through. Then maybe it would make sense to them.

You could not have said it better...ditto for me but a little bit younger...if the life circumstances (whatever they may be) come my way I will become a full time girl...

Marleena...when it's your time and you arrive at the pearly gates just ask St. Paula....

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Bain View Post
    Marleena...when it's your time and you arrive at the pearly gates just ask St. Paula....
    Lol..I'll just put this one on hold for a while Diana! I'm hoping to stretch it out for a long time.
    Last edited by Marleena; 08-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.

ad omnis par
    Oh!! Hun!!
    See ladies, we need to change things so that next boy who wants to wear a dress knows that he can and not be ashamed...
    ad omnis par
    Toni

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Society in general has no clue what we go through, wanting to be a girl and such. Gotta admit, it sure sounds goofy from the outside looking in. I've never been on the outside though. We can't do much about it, so might as well go with the flow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its too hard to explain sometimes to those that are so closed minded.
    Its not male and female only some of us are a bit of both.

I think it was Gene's idea....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I can think of worse thinks that could be afflicted on me. Besides I love it!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Ah, It must be in the stars Marleena!
    I was just pondering how silly this all is.
    Its very hot here, and has been for a month, and the outside tasks are always there. I mean the sweaty, dirtyones. So I put on my mornig house dress, until its time to cut the gras, fix the car/truck, finish the pier, dig in the garden. etc.
    So after a few days I began to wonder why am I getting dressed up as a girl and then dressed up as a boy, and back again.
    Its all so confusing.
    I'm looking forward to some cooler weather so that I can enjoy getting dressed up and not having my make up melting before I even finish putting it 1/2 on.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

personally, I struggle with this sometimes too. My belief is that we're given adversity so that we can overcome it. Humanity has such noblesse (I really like that word), and it's never more apparent than when the chips are down. WAY down. Perhaps we're made the way we are, perhaps we suffer like this, so that we can add a touch of poise and grace to our noblesse (inner smile every time I write or say it). So that we can overcome our obstacles. In heels.

Says me, anyhow.

Also, your quip about TGitis reminds me of an episode of 30 Rock where Alec Baldwin and Matthew Broderick build a "gay bomb" so they could get fired from their government jobs.

"Frankly, it could only be effective if it were released in a closed, sealed environment..."
    "Ooh! Pens!" Breaks vial containing gay bomb agent.
    "I feel funny."
    Alec Baldwin narrows eyes at Dick Cheney "Let's do this."
    I thought it was funny, anyway.

Marleena if that was a vent it was pitiful. You need to take lessons in venting. I could do better and I don't have anything to vent about. Ho Ho Ho.

Vieja

Banned Read only
    Before my wife totally slipped into the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell" mode, she yelled at me that I would never be able to know what it was to be a woman since I would never experience giving birth to a child. My wife born children, wiped their butts, put up with all the BS of raising kids, worked outside the home, graduated college, became a teacher, and so on.

There are a lot of women, who would like to have been born as a man' go to work, interact with adult size humans, socialize professionally, avoid childbirth, wiping butts.

Maybe all cross dressers should remain single and have no attachments, so we can easily slip between male and female roles.

Marleena if that was a rant it was pitiful. You need to take ranting lessons. I could do better than that and I don't have anything to rant about. LOL!

Vieja

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Marleena is such a gentle soul. Yes, the cruel fickle finger of fate truly tapped us on the shoulder for a unique life journey, one more fraught with adversity and self doubt and anguish than most. I do not know if it was a blessing, or a curse for it to tap me so late in life, at 65, with nothing to hint at this in my younger days.

As cruel as this can be, there are also such joyous highs that at times feeling so good makes me sad as i have not had enough time to enjoy them, and will not have nearly enough in the future.

So, I will continue to bounce like the ping pong ball between the lows and highs, and just be thankful that there are such wonderful girls as you here to help me through all of them.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    Marleena, your suggestion is that being born transgendered is something to regret - its a disorder, an abnormality or a cruel cosmic joke.

But who says so? We know that many cultures don't view transgenderism as an abnormality at all. And there's no reason to believe that transgenderism hasn't always been part of human society. In biology, variation within any population can be a good - it conveys genetic resiliency and enhances long term survival. And traits that survive within a species are there because they work - they contribute to the overall survival of the population.

So, perhaps its not socieity but ourselves that needs an attitude adjustment. You and I can choose to look at ourselves as the unfortunate few burdenedn by some abnormality, or we can choose to view ourselves as specially gifted. I know that seems trite, but isn't it ultimately true? Given the choice of pride and self esteem or the opposite, I know which one I'll choose.