Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think pretty T-girls make men question their own sexuality?

Do you think pretty T-girls make men question their own sexuality?

First of all I hope nobody finds the term T-girls offensive. We have some very pretty members here that can attract male attention. We know men are very visual. They see a hot girl and they get turned on.

Now what if they are attracted to a TG girl only to find out she isn't a GG? I'm sure some must go wtf and get angry for not realizing they are not a GG. Is it a dangerous thing?

*clarification*

I'm talking about TG girls that pass until closeup.
    Your thoughts? I have no idea myself.

The CD amirers are different since they are attacted to the TG girls in the first place.

Oh and why are Cd admirers attracted to TG girls? Is it the femininity, or do they think easy sex score?
    Last edited by Marleena; 08-10-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added a question

I think so. I have always considered myself to be straight but when I see a beautiful transgender or cd I am attracted to them. I don't think there is anything wrong with being attracted to beauty no matter it be male or female. I guess I would consider myself femisexual, attracted to those in feminine form.

I also thinks it does. If it didn't way would they care how someone decides to dress. People that are very comfortable in there own skin and with there selfs seem to be much more excepting of different life styles. Hugs Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Your attracted to the PACKAGE not the contents ,,, OK,,,,,,,,,, You asked for my own STACY B Analogy ,,, If there was 1968 Camaro at a car show an it was Fine as Wine ,, Tricked out shinned up ,,Killer paint job ,, Would you care what kind of engine it had in it ? Cuz it looks great ! But you know dam good an well yull never drive it ! Now if you thought that you had a chance to drive it now you would want to know what under the hood ! So the same goes for your question when they look its only a Fantasy ,,, They can only get into trouble unless they take HER for a RIDE !! But they can dream all they want .....
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Platinum Member
    I think one of the great obstacles to being accepted as a transgendered person is that some males do find thier own sexuality challenged. It seems that some men worry that they might be gay, and some men worry that they might really like being women. Certainly, it can be disconcerting for some men to feel a sexual attraction to a person, only to realize that the person is genetically male.

Admirers are probably a different issue. They may be gay or bi and find that a T-girl allows them to express that aspect of their sexuality while maintaining the facade of being straight.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Face it men are visual. First impression of a pretty girl, GG or not, and they are hot to trot. After getting to know the person, their mind finally gets into gear, and they get to know what is under the hood, they see that their thought process, and their physical reaction process are on different pages. It will take a lot of thinking, maybe therapy, to sort out the feelings, depending on the depth of the attraction.

Now to pose a similar thought question. If a T-girl is attracted to another T-Girl, what side (male or female) questions their sexuality?

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

A large amount of the population has horrible, outdated, and plain wrong ideas about what it means to be gay or bisexual.
    In a healthy, tolerant society this wouldn't be an issue since everyone would know that being gay or bi means being physically/emotionally attracted to the same sex and nothing more.

Ideally, if a man were to find out that a woman was born male and he for some reason had a problem with it, he would politely decline going further and move on.
    Instead, some turn to violence - to prove his straightness I suppose?

This isn't likely to change any time soon.
    You can shout your own personal experience with sexual orientation and gender identity until you're blue in the face but some people will just plug their ears and go back to their opinions given to them by talk radio hosts and F list "comedians".
    It's ironic/tragic how you find such attitudes HERE, OF ALL PLACES towards something you'd think they'd be more understanding/sympathetic about.

Just look at the Chick-Fil-A thread and tell me we're not totally boned.
    Last edited by whowhatwhen; 08-09-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: No! Bad WWW! Don't start again!

One of my best friends over the past 20 years was what I thought was an avowed heterosexual...until I let him know I cross dressed....I was offended and strangely happy when he propositioned me.
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.

Isn't this the basis of the 1982 Blake Edwards movie Victor Victoria (click here for info)? Although she is a woman faking being a crossdressing man, King Marchand (James Garner), a decided womanizer, is very distressed by his romantic feelings for someone he believes is a man.

Of course, the all time best ending to a crossdressing movie (and maybe any movie ever!) is the last few seconds (click here, contains audio and movie spoiler) of Billy Wilder's 1959 Some Like It Hot.

As to it being dangerous in real life, Marleena, I think you know the answer to that one.

Hug,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Isn't this the basis of the 1982 Blake Edwards movie Victor Victoria (click here for info)? Although she is a woman faking being a crossdressing man, King Marchand (James Garner), a decided womanizer, is very distressed by his romantic feelings for someone he believes is a man.

Of course, the all time best ending to a crossdressing movie (and maybe any movie ever!) is the last few seconds (click here, contains audio and movie spoiler) of Billy Wilder's 1959 Some Like It Hot.

Persephone.
    In all honesty I've never seen either movie.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Do you think pretty T-girls make men question their own sexuality?
    That depends on how pretty. I have to be honest and say 95% on this forum wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    That depends on how pretty. I have to be honest and say 95% on this forum wouldn't.
    Everybody's idea of pretty is different. I used the word as a generalization of TG girls that pass until closer inspection and would attract male attention.

Silver Member
    As far as trying to fool men, trans folks have been assaulted and even murdered doing that (a friend of mine knew someone who was murdered after hooking up with a straight male, after having sex he found out she was trans and killed her.) Just google "trans panic" and you'll get an eyeful.

Is it the hyperfeminine presentation, or the idea of easy sex that attracts some men to trans? Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    As far as trying to fool men, trans folks have been assaulted and even murdered doing that (a friend of mine knew someone who was murdered after hooking up with a straight male, after having sex he found out she was trans and killed her.) Just google "trans panic" and you'll get an eyeful.

Is it the hyperfeminine presentation, or the idea of easy sex that attracts some men to trans? Probably both.
    Good point Vickie! Trying to fool a GM to have sex is dangerous! I totally get that.

I was only referring to the laws of attraction.

Silver Member
    Whoops, I misread a bit. I should have said that as far as straight men go, it is best to turn them away if they want sex because it can be dangerous,some have been... etc etc.

Now what if they are attracted to a TG girl only to find out she isn't a GG? I'm sure some must go wtf and get angry for being fooled. Is it a dangerous thing?
    It happens, yes they think they've been duped and they're angry, and yes this is extremely dangerous. Moreover, I think that they're afraid of being gay. I can think of one incident off the top of my head in which a T-girl was beaten to death by a group of guys (who all had sex with her and apparently failed to notice that which is pretty hard to miss) because they "can't be gay." I assume that it's not the only incident, although right now the numbers escape me. This should not be a big deal. As you said, men are visual. "oh, pretty girl. Turned on, now. Wait, what? Not a pretty girl? Oh... whoops. Not turned on anymore. Jealous, but not turned on." That's how it goes in my mind. Not "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BE GAY! THERE WAS A PENIS RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE I PUT MY PENIS AND I MISSED IT (or did I? >: D )! MUST MURDER ALL EVIDENCE OF MY GAYNESS!"

By the way, something bothers me about the particulars of that incident, and in fact that class of incident. And this is a soapbox for me, so... sorry. Also, WARNING: euphemisms for graphic details ahead!! I can't envision a situation in which you could conceivably not notice a penis on the woman with which you're about to have sex that doesn't involve extreme rudeness on the part of the guy. Really guy? Straight around back without the common courtesy of a reach around? That should have been an alarm bell because there aren't that many women who will actually say "i'm on my period, go around". THAT'S NOT NORMAL. GGs, in my experience, either don't care about the period thing or will just keep their legs closed. Oh, didn't notice anything was amiss in foreplay? Probably wasn't much, was there, you selfish *******? You, sir, need a role model, because the mechanics of this incident say to me that you have no idea how to please a woman. You should have noticed this before you stuck it in. You dropped the ball and a pretty girl had to die horribly because you're a f***ing idiot a**hole. Nice.
    End of sex details discussion.

Oh and why are Cd admirers attracted to TG girls? Is it the femininity, or do they think easy sex score?
    could be paraphilia (sexual attraction to forbidden or taboo sexual practices, activities, or demographics), could be femininity, could be easy sex, but here's one that gets me: note I have no attraction to people who have or had a penis. I rather like girls who are a bit awkward. Not entirely feminine, but trying. There's something endearingly vulnerable about that, and I think that may be similar to what a CD admirer may like in us. Just conjecture, but it sounds plausible to me.
    Last edited by Sophia Claire; 08-10-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: modified rant

It depends Marleena. Any guys I've interacted with knew I was really a guy up front but usually didn't care. I've been told I was a Princess (which I know VV wouldn't agree with), but as you say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.In any case I've never tried to fool anyone and have done quite well. Works for me Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Paradoxically, I tend to agree with both Voulez Vous and Marleena. I think that if we're talking about being observed at high noon on a sunny day from less than ten feet away, only about 1-2 % of all crossdressers, not just on this forum, could fool a man about their gender. On the other hand, with clever studio lighting, the properly artful camera angles, and some Photoshopping, you could probably get a lot of Girls who could take at least one photo which would make them appear attractive enough to elicit a visceral response from a "straight" man.

Alcohol, the male's self-esteem perception of his own attractiveness, and the lighting conditons have a considerable influence, too.

I have to admit that I tend to mostly agree with the statement that somebody famous made to the effect that what we as crossdressers think about the reactions and thought processes of Straight Heterosexual Men is inherently flawed, because no matter how we identify our own sexual preferences, we never were, are not now, and will never be Straight Heterosexual Men.

I relate to attractive TGs the same way I react to pretty GGs -- I mainly want to know how they do it, where they buy clothes, how they do their makeup and so forth. In the context of a TG gathering, talk about these subjects is expected, and it's often easier to ask questions directly than when I see an attractive GG who may misinterpret my intentions. Unfortunately, this can be misinterpreted by other TGs as well, and it has backfired on me at least once.

But I'm absolutely not interested in sex with anyone who owns a working penis, no matter how talented, pretty or seductive they may be. In this I probably have an advantage over many "civilian" males, in that my CD detector is finely tuned and I am less likely than some to mis-read an attractive crossdresser as a GG. Plus, if I did make a mistake, I wouldn't be likely to be freaked out to the point of disgust or violence, and would more likely have a big hearty laugh about it.

- Diane

I think that it's a chicken/egg situation. In my opinion, it's more of a man using a pretty T-girl as an excuse to question his sexuality.

I'm a firm believer that sexuality is a spectrum. There are very few people that are 100% straight, and there are few people that are 100% gay. I agree with Sophia that the violent reaction is because a guy is such a homophobe (and probably closet case) that he can't fathom that he may not be 100% straight.

That sort of behavoir manifests itself on here frequently as well...look at all the "OMG why do people thing I'm gay because I like to wear dresses and makeup the world is so unfair" threads that get posted. Really? You may like girls, but you ain't exactly straight, buddy.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Makeup addict!
    I think when a person is first introduced to the world of TG and CD, they might question their sexuality because of the beauty some of these girls have. I think men are more attracted to what they perceive are women. I find many crossdressers to be absolutely gorgeous and I find them attractive, but if they show their male selves (like in the boy to girl thread in the Pictures and Video section) then I don't see any physical attraction. I think that's how it is for most men

Like you said, men are visual. They are (generally) attracted to what they see as available and attractive females. If indeed that person is not truly a female trouble is very likely and we've all heard stories of what often happens then.

That is one thing I'm glad that I don't have to deal with. Not many men are going to make a pass at a 6'+ older woman!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Feminine beauty is an attraction to me. Whether born female or not is no conflict for me.
    I'm not attracted to hunky gay men, I can't stand them. I hate males.

Yes Yes and Yes.
    Plus men will do anything that moves. LOL!!

I love sexy men too. I see them probably just like a woman does. I saw one guy today that was the King of my heart. I started flirting with him, though he did not know it, big, dumb, beautiful man, perfect hair OMG...just talked for a while. I am very nice and do not come off as gay, I made him smile is all.

But yes men are checking out the pretty trans girls.
    Last edited by Noemi; 08-09-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    polythene pam

So in the past I have said I'd totally date a boy and such but now that I have the chance, I second guess it. He doesn't know that I am a CD. He dresses full time as a girl but identifies as a boy. He is gay and just likes looking pretty, and he is really pretty. He really likes me and is always saying he wants to be mine. He even will say he is pretty much a girl to make it easier for me I guess. But as pretty as he is it's hard to get passed the fact that he indeed, is a boy. So I do question my sexuality, to a certain extent. We have not been together yet but I love talking to him, because I do feel as if I'm talking to a girl but in the end I know that isn't what he is. I know I'm rambling now but it does indeed make me question myself.
    Flickr: Sarbearmartinez Kik: sarbearmatinez Instagram: Sarbearmartinezcd