Thread: Need a cd community in cali

Need a cd community in cali

I'll will be moving to cali on monday and need a cd community, preferably in san diego. Any body have any suggestions?

Hi Prasaghes: I am not sure exactly what you mean by a "CD Community". San Diego is a very friendly and accepting city as a whole. The Hillcrest area is the "gayborhood", so to speak. The Center (the local LGBT community center) is located there as well as a variety of restaurants, shops, etc. I believe that there is a group called Neutral Corner that meets regularly although I do not know where.
    The LGBT Weekly is the local LGBT weekly newspaper. They list lots of events and activities.
    Visit the Center where you can pick up a copy of the LGBT Weekly as well as other local and regional LGBT publications. You will also likely be able to get information on groups, activities, etc. there.
    There are a few folks from San Diego on the boards here who might be able to answer more questions for you.
    Best of luck to you; I found San Diego to be a great place to visit or to live and a very friendly and welcoming community to all in the LGBT world.

Thankyou so much ford the advice sweetie...... Are you currently in sd if not can you maybe set me up with some friends you may know from there?

Check this thread for people from SD and the surrounding area. There are alot. Also there is a Nuetral Corners org. for TG and, to a lesser exstent, CD's. I'm an hour + out from SD so I would have travel time issues.
    Good Luck.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by VickysBFF View Post
    Hi Prasaghes: I am not sure exactly what you mean by a "CD Community". San Diego is a very friendly and accepting city as a whole. The Hillcrest area is the "gayborhood", so to speak. The Center (the local LGBT community center) is located there as well as a variety of restaurants, shops, etc. I believe that there is a group called Neutral Corner that meets regularly although I do not know where.
    The LGBT Weekly is the local LGBT weekly newspaper. They list lots of events and activities.
    Visit the Center where you can pick up a copy of the LGBT Weekly as well as other local and regional LGBT publications. You will also likely be able to get information on groups, activities, etc. there.
    There are a few folks from San Diego on the boards here who might be able to answer more questions for you.
    Best of luck to you; I found San Diego to be a great place to visit or to live and a very friendly and welcoming community to all in the LGBT world.
    This is pretty much spot-on (coming from a local San Diegan)

Quote Originally Posted by prasaghes View Post
    Thankyou so much ford the advice sweetie...... Are you currently in sd if not can you maybe set me up with some friends you may know from there?
    You are most welcome! I hope that it helps in some way. Unfortunately I am not in SD right now and I don't really have anyone that I can refer you to. Unfortunately San Diego pride is in July so it just passed. The one other thing that I thought of is that the Center does have two Transgender-specific events each year: the day of rememberance and the day of empowerment. I went to the day of empowerment either last year or the year before and if I recall correctly it was sometime close after Pride.
    If it has not already happened I would recommend going. I met a lot of terrific people and got some good information as well.
    And, there is a smaller Pride celebration in North County that may be coming up in Sept or Oct. I have not been myself but you may want to check it out.
    Best of luck!

Aspiring Member
    I know a bunch of SD peeps travel up to Long Beach for the monthly Hamburger Mary's event.
    —Mikaela

Neutral Corner is the local support / social group. Look it up online, they have been around for well over 20 years.

As for a "community", any metropolitan area is what you make of it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by girltoy View Post
    This is pretty much spot-on (coming from a local San Diegan)
    Awesome well if youre ever in the area maybe we can go shopping or coffee.... I would love to make more friends that can relate with me

Quote Originally Posted by VickysBFF View Post
    You are most welcome! I hope that it helps in some way. Unfortunately I am not in SD right now and I don't really have anyone that I can refer you to. Unfortunately San Diego pride is in July so it just passed. The one other thing that I thought of is that the Center does have two Transgender-specific events each year: the day of rememberance and the day of empowerment. I went to the day of empowerment either last year or the year before and if I recall correctly it was sometime close after Pride.
    If it has not already happened I would recommend going. I met a lot of terrific people and got some good information as well.
    And, there is a smaller Pride celebration in North County that may be coming up in Sept or Oct. I have not been myself but you may want to check it out.
    Best of luck!
    Youre so awesome!!

and you can post a thread in the meeting place... (you need to get passed 10 posts )
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]