Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She said it's a fetish.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

She said it's a fetish.

Ok my aunt's bff said that. Even though I tried to tell her it's not but she wont listen. I was wondering if anybody else had this told to them? I tried to tell her I just ;love the clothes but she wouldn't listen. O And a drunk hillbilly said to ''let it go'' I would look better in wrangler jeans and white T-Shirt. I told him sorry the HEE HAW look isn't my style.

P.S I'M new and please to meet you all.

welcome to the forums! Everybody here is really nice.

My mother told me that any man who wears women's clothing "must be trolling for dick." In a crowded restaurant. Having met the girls that I've dated and having caught me doing the no pants dance with at least two. I went out with a girl who was down with it, but only as a fetish. Does that count?

Welcome

For some it is a Fetish. For others, it is who that are period. There is also a thousand things in between. My wife said that when she frist found out. I think that people that only want to see the person they expect from us think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    Welcome

For some it is a Fetish. For others, it is who that are period. There is also a thousand things in between. My wife said that when she frist found out. I think that people that only want to see the person they expect from us think that way.
    I agrre my granny who loves me beyond words thinks I'm under stress but I don't wish to argue with her. I respect her waaaaay to much.

Yep, I've had a shrink tell me that. He was partially correct.

The key is what is done with the cross dressing. Culmination in pleasuring yourself generally means it is a fetish. I don't know if saying the "M" word is permissible, but you get the picture.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaL View Post
    The key is what is done with the cross dressing. Culmination in pleasuring yourself generally means it is a fetish. I don't know if saying the "M" word is permissible, but you get the picture.
    Hey, I'm into self abuse in any guise.........my whole life is a fetish then
    Seriously though, it was initially, but things have definitely settled since I began to dress fully as much as possible.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

How would she know? Your crossdressing may or may not be fetish-driven. But this I believe: for those whose crossdressing is fetish-driven, they know it.

Webster says a fetish is:

an object or bodily part whose real or fantasized presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression
    So, if you need to be dressed for complete sexual gratification then you have a fetish. Otherwise, you do not.

Dressing as I do (as a normal 50ish woman) is not sexually gratifying for me. It is a compulsion, but has no sexual component.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Eryn, I'm not going to argue with Webster (how did that cute little kid have time to write a dictionary?), but not all sources insist that the object is required, just that the object can bring about sexual arousal. Also, having a fetish doesn't necessarily have to interfere with a "normal" sex life; in fact, fetishes can enhance bedroom activity.
    But, like most other things, out of control isn't a good thing.
    It seems that those who don't dress for sexual pleasure never fail to mention that, as if someone might think they do, absent the disclaimer. It ain't leprosy.

There are a lot of good points in this thread. I wonder,though, if it is a fetish or isn't, what is the difference? If they are accepting, maybe it's because they think it's "just a fetish."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I think it can be what ever makes you happy sexual ,fetish, compulsion ,need ,compfort ,release or all the above ?
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

There is nothing wrong with dressing in feminine attire whether you do it as a fetish, or you feel more comfortable that way or if it helps you express or get in touch with your own femininity or as part of your gender expression.
    Like Iggy said "I'm not ashamed to dress like a woman, cause I don't think it's shameful to be a woman"
    Whatever your reason is, whether you just like the clothes or because you are a woman it's OK.

Last edited by josee; 08-14-2012 at 06:21 AM.

I've been told that it is just a fetish, and also told it was just a phase. Ironically, I think it was both at the time. It has been said many times that this is a spectrum, but I'd go farther and say there are a number if spectrums. The fetish/sexual aspect is one, gender identity is one, sexual preference is one, and there are others. I think all people of all parts of the LGBT community and humanity as a whole are somewhere on these spectrums.

I think this is one if our greatest strengths, and one of the greatest confusions we fight against. People judge us for dozens if reasons. Ignoring, for a moment, the fact that people shouldn't judge...we seem to be routinely judged for reasons that aren't true. Anti-gay people judge straight crossdressers, men who like to wear heels are accused of being imasculated, and don't even start on the complications of trans people.

Welcome, btw! Glad to meet you!
    -J

God gave me free will, my choices are my own. Knowing right from wrong takes a lot of prayer and study. I refuse to accept or make excuses for my own actions, desires, or beliefs.

"life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Waslch

Possibly definition of fetish

A some time ago I was talking with one girl which is my friend, I like her she is real intelligent woman and she has graduated sociology. So I told her about my “fetish” that I like sex(with girls I have no interest in boys) in stockings. She asked me “Can you have sex and without stockings?” I answered “yes I like sex” than she told me “That what you wish is cool I would like to see you in stockings but if you can enjoy in sex only in stockings than you are in trouble.” Well since today I have not found better definition for that question. So much from me.

I'm kinda glad she hasn't been shot gunned at all! Let alone to death...

:-p
    -J

God gave me free will, my choices are my own. Knowing right from wrong takes a lot of prayer and study. I refuse to accept or make excuses for my own actions, desires, or beliefs.

"life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Waslch

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm just curious, Rose. If you're a "newbie" how do u KNOW you you're NOT a fetish dresser?
    Especially since the definition of what that is is not set in stone?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm just curious, Rose. If you're a "newbie" how do u KNOW you you're NOT a fetish dresser?
    Especially since the definition of what that is is not set in stone?
    First thank you Stephanie for saying that. Second is for you Miss, I know I'm not a fetish because I do not get off on wearing a dress and I only love women. I have always wanted to wear girl clothes since I was a teen. i do hope you understand.

Ok so here's my take....and it's not my words...."what were once vices. Are now habits "

Sorry I am new hire but I also have the same doubt about stockings (I like to wear it) but may be for me that it is in one part fetish and in total CD??

For some it is a fetish. For others, it's a journey to find who they really are. For me, it's a journey to see if I am who I think I am. My parents are old school. They will say it's ok to be whatever you want, but willl turn around and say it's just wrong. Men are supposed to be men, and women are to be women. Republicans...sheeesh, don't even get me started. Anyway, only you can decide what it is. Go for it though!

Platinum Member
    It really doesn't matter what someone else says. They don't define you..you do.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It really doesn't matter what someone else says. They don't define you..you do.
    That is right you also answered my post with similar question and thank you for that. But I think the reason why we are asking for opinion on other on this forum is to change minds and idea with people which are similar to us and that is good also is good that forum as this exist.

Addendum. DSM V
    Check out the part about what it is accompanied by:

...cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevision....aspx?rid=189#
    Last edited by TeresaL; 08-11-2012 at 10:20 AM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    People that won't listen to how it is for you personally, and say that "it's a fetish" or tell you to ''let it go'' are either being arrogant (by assuming that they know better than the person who's doing it) or they really just don't understand you at all and so apply the tired old "standard response" of saying whatever they've been lead to believe by popular opinion in society and the media.

For many crossdressers, dressing has nothing to do with sexual gratification, it can even lead to a destroyed marriage, or a lost career, or restructured family relationships. That's a pretty high price to pay for something that is supposed to be just a fetish. Do you think people would knowing allow all of that to happen if it was "only a fetish". The truth is it's not a fetish for most people, it's deeply rooted in our personalities. There are many different places on the gender identity scale, and many of us lie somewhere between all-male and all-female.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Rachel (#23, just above), I agree completely. There are many crossdressers who are driven by their fetishes, and there are many whose femininity is "deeply rooted in our personalities". But even if it is fetish driven, it's not "just a fetish", and expecting a pleasure dresser to "let it go" is like telling a feminine identity dresser to "let it go".
    People can have an academic understanding of different aspects of crossdressing without have the personal understanding. I don't have a deeply rooted internal feminine personality, but I have a personal understanding of the pleasures of dressing driven by fetishes.