Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you reveal you're CDing interests while under anesthesia?

Would you reveal you're CDing interests while under anesthesia?

I'm going to have a colonoscopy done this week. Of course you are under anesthesia for the procedure. This got me to thinking. Has anyone feared what they might say about their hidden personality while under anesthesia? I don't really care what I will say but my wife would.

I had surgery about 2 weeks ago on my vericose veins ,, An left on my toe nail polish ,, An of corse my legs were slick as a baby butt ,, So they most probily knew already ,, Other than that ? But thats just me ,,I dont think that you Babble while your out ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

who is going to hear except the medical people in the room? They won't tell. So don't worry about it.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I had a colonoscopy done under twilight anesthesia a couple of years ago. My wife was with me much of the time. Basically from what it sounded like, I was the same person while under that as I am when not. I just can't remember any of it at all. She said the craziest thing I said was after the procedure was finished, I let go of all that air they had pumped in to inflate my colon, and I said, "Don't worry it won't smell bad - I haven't eaten for a day and a half!"

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Hospital staff really are interested in your physical health and discover all kinds of things about people regularly, and for many, very little is shocking any more.

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    who is going to hear except the medical people in the room? They won't tell. So don't worry about it.

Oh BULL,,,, They will tell ,,,I know DR. STACY will for sure ,,An while your under I might do a little something extra ,,,LOL,,,,

Yeah but Dr Stacy can't keep a secret we all know that. That is why we all have something on YOU so we can counter the blackmail
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

There are things that you say are less than believable if you say anything at all.
    So unless you reveal the position of the lost goldmine in the Arizona dessert they are not likely to worry.
    Be concerned if there is a map drawn on your forehead when you wake up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Yeah but Dr Stacy can't keep a secret we all know that. That is why we all have something on YOU so we can counter the blackmail

Tell,,,Tell,,,Tell,,,, Set a FAT GIRL ,,,,,,,,,, FREE .... Free at last,,,,Free at last,,,, Give me my friggen PLATFORMS an stand away from the door ,,,Im free AT LAST !!! LOL,,,,,,

Part of the fear of talking too much under anesthesia is left over from the days when scopolamine was used. It was the one frequently referred to as "truth serum" and made a lot of good movie plots. The intravenous sedation used particularly for colonoscopy procedures does not set the tongue free. Relax. Enjoy?

You'll be fine unless they add some sodium pentathol. Then all bets are off!

I've had 5 or so colonoscopies so far and my GI doc hasn't said a word about anything I might have said.
    The only thing I remember was from my first one, I remember saying "what is that?" upon seeing a diseased section of colon on the display.

The next thing I knew I woke up, but every other time since then I've just fallen asleep and woke up in the recovery area.
    Although the last time I started repeating "fluffy bunnies" in a likely vain attempt to hold on to any secrets :P

Come to think of it that probably creeped them out more than normal inane ramblings.
    Hmm, I wonder if I blabbed about checking out my anesthesiologist while he was setting up last week when I got my gastroscopy.

O_O

tl;dr:
    You probably won't say anything, and even if you do they've heard it all and won't care.

I think it's a non issue, I've been under anesthesia at the VA medical center and if I revealed anything about my dressing, nobody there mentioned it to me. Also they've seen me in panties when I go for my checkups and again never spoke a word to me about it. As medical professionals, they've seen it all anyway so why worry about it?
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You'll be fine and probably ramble on about things that don't make complete sense if you say anything at all. Its not like they will ask you questions while you're under like, how often do you like to dress like a girl? Also don't let the wife be in the same room during the procedure, make her stay in the waiting room.

I asked my Doctor friend about this once and he said it is very unlikely. Something about your brain still working in the background and not saying anything that you would not say if you were awake. So you have nothing to worry about.

I hope that helps Brigid.

I doubt anything you say under anesthesia will be intelligible, and if it is, no one will care. People say strange things when they don't have full control of their faculties.

Sort of related story, I once went with a bunch of friends to see a hypnotist perform. People in the audience kept getting accidentally hypnotized, so the guy had all the women in the crowd do one thing and all the men in the crowd do another. I had to fight it off lest I reveal to my friends how I actually see myself.

honestly I could care less what I say while under anesthesia. As long as none of them know me outside of that office. And as far as if I had a wife goes, I would hope that the doctor would keep it professional and not say a word to her about anything that hear me say. It would be very unprofessional of them to come out and tell your wife, "Do you know what your husband said to us while he was under?" I don't tihnk you need to worry really.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Oh man, I've had more colonoscopies (and endoscopies, and surgeries, and various other procedures) than I can count.

If you do say something you won't remember it ... and the staff in the room for sure ain't going to take it seriously. To them you're just another patient off to la-la land. Believe me. This is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Carpenter View Post
    I had a colonoscopy done under twilight anesthesia a couple of years ago. My wife was with me much of the time. Basically from what it sounded like, I was the same person while under that as I am when not. I just can't remember any of it at all.
    Which leads to the question, if you experience pain during the procedure but can't remember it, did the pain happen? The only moment of awareness I remember during my procedure was like waking up with the worst gas pain ever. I think that I said something about it and that was the end of the memory. I'm pretty sure that they pumped in a bit more Versed which again turned off my ability to remember anything.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

A colonoscopy under anesthesis is virtually pain free and safe. It can detemine the presence of cancerous or precancerous growths. Do not take a chance on cancer get your colon scoped!

Relax, go out and get a pedi with color before your procedure and REALLY give em something to talk about!

Seriously, good luck with the procedure.

Debby
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Which leads to the question, if you experience pain during the procedure but can't remember it, did the pain happen? The only moment of awareness I remember during my procedure was like waking up with the worst gas pain ever. I think that I said something about it and that was the end of the memory. I'm pretty sure that they pumped in a bit more Versed which again turned off my ability to remember anything.
    I did with my first colonoscopy, which is part of the reason they couldn't complete it since I was more awake and thus protested too much.
    Later ones I just fully went to sleep.

^^^^^^^
    mfakley: Broken colon hi-five!

I''ve had 2 knee surgeries,my appendix out,dental surgery and and the only thing I remember saying is 100,99,98,97 zzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

i wont have to say anything the panties shod give it away
    Last edited by sonna; 08-13-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Banned Read only
    I had a colonoscopy several years ago and watched the entire procedure on the television monitor. Cool! Usually you're not totally under.

Hmmm, let's see ... red toenails, long acrylic fingernails, permanent eyeshadow, femme tattoos and piercings all over ... I don't think anything I could say while anesthetized would speak louder than what they could already see for themselves! I've long quit worrying about what any medical professionals see or hear when I am examined. There have been zero consequences except for a pleasant conversation about nail polish with a nurse once when I was in the hospital for a few days, and my primary care doc who always asks to see my newest tattoos.

- Diane