Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears

I've only had my ears done for about 5 weeks so still cleaning and making sure they are all good before i move on. I have basic studs (which i chose when i had them done) simple small studs but i've had no one say anything about them. Most of the wanna be gangstas in and around my city have both ears done wearing tacky bling. When i'm ready wear proper earings then i'll probably go with goth style while in male mode.

I guess I qualify as a senior citizen seeing as I just turned 69. Last year on the Sunday following Father’s Day my Daughter, my two granddaughters, and I went to the mall and got my ears pierced. When in guy mode I wear small gold balls (4mm) and the only comment I have received was from our local mechanic when he noticed them. His comment was something to the effect that it looked like I was trying to recapture my youth.

I like hoops and dangly earrings that brush my neck when I’m dressed enfemme. Been looking for a pair of small Native American Indian silver and turquoise studs to wear in guy mode; found one pair on the internet that I really liked, but now can’t find them.

I had mine done at a store that specializes in earrings and the cost was $30 for the piercing, and that included the studs and a bottle of piercing antiseptic. My Doctor’s Nurse told me NOT to use rubbing alcohol or peroxide as both were too drying and hinder healing – the antiseptic made for ear piercings doesn’t dry out the skin. It is important to leave the initial studs in for six to eight weeks so the holes heal properly. After the appropriate wait time you should wear earrings daily for about a year if at all possible so the holes don’t heal up.

There was very little pain, just a sharp pain that lasted only a few seconds. Had a blood test lately? Being diabetic I have them every three or four months and the needle inserted into my vein hurts more than the piercing did. Actually I hardly felt anything on the first ear and was a bit surprised when I felt the second ear being pierced.
    Last edited by Barbra P; 08-18-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    I guess I qualify as a senior citizen seeing as I just turned 69. Last year on the Sunday following Father’s Day my Daughter, my two granddaughters, and I went to the mall and got my ears pierced. When in guy mode I wear small gold balls (4mm) and the only comment I have received was from our local mechanic when he noticed them. His comment was something to the effect that it looked like I was trying to recapture my youth.

I like hoops and dangly earrings that brush my neck when I’m dressed enfemme. Been looking for a pair of small Native American Indian silver and turquoise studs to wear in guy mode; found one pair on the internet that I really liked, but now can’t find them.

I had mine done at a store that specializes in earrings and the cost was $30 for the piercing, and that included the studs and a bottle of piercing antiseptic. My Doctor’s Nurse told me NOT to use rubbing alcohol or peroxide as both were too drying and hinder healing – the antiseptic made for ear piercings doesn’t dry out the skin. It is important to leave the initial studs in for six to eight weeks so the holes heal properly. After the appropriate wait time you should wear earrings daily for about a year if at all possible so the holes don’t heal up.

There was very little pain, just a sharp pain that lasted only a few seconds. Had a blood test lately? Being diabetic I have them every three or four months and the needle inserted into my vein hurts more than the piercing did. Actually I hardly felt anything on the first ear and was a bit surprised when I felt the second ear being pierced.
    Thanks for the comments. I'm going to suggest it to my wife
    the next time I get the chance and just get the little round balls for starters.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Had a blood test lately? Being diabetic I have them every three or four months and the needle inserted into my vein hurts more than the piercing did.
    What about when the nurse doesn't get it just right and you feel the needle scraping around inside your vein?

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    What about when the nurse doesn't get it just right and you feel the needle scraping around inside your vein?
    I’m classified as a “Hard Stick” and some of those vampires working in the lab are sadistic. I’ll tell them that I’m easier to stick in the crook of my right arm but they’ll press on trying to hit a vein in my left arm. A few months ago I had cataract surgery and the nurse putting in the IV for the surgery on the first eye didn’t hit a vein until the fifth try and she was none too gentle either.
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I'm going to suggest it to my wife
    the next time I get the chance and just get the little round balls for starters.
    Most places will have starter studs that are about 3-4mm in diameter, and if you go with the gold ones they aren’t all that noticeable. I also have a pair of pearl studs that are about 4mm, but I think pearls look a bit too feminine for guy mode. I think gold is rather neutral when it comes to gender, I like gold, it goes with my watch and my wedding-band.
    Babs

I’m classified as a “Hard Stick” and some of those vampires working in the lab are sadistic. I’ll tell them that I’m easier to stick in the crook of my right arm but they’ll press on trying to hit a vein in my left arm. A few months ago I had cataract surgery and the nurse putting in the IV for the surgery on the first eye didn’t hit a vein until the fifth try and she was none too gentle either.
    Hehe XD
    I get my bloodwork every two weeks and it's pretty hit and miss if you're going to get someone who is gentle or someone who is digging for gold.

I am going to recommend going to a proper/highly reviewed piercing/tattoo studio though and get it done with a needle.
    It costs more but they're more experienced and you'll probably get better care if you need it.

(I nearly fainted, my piercer was nice, awesome as hell and waited until I recovered. )

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Gee, all this talk is giving me the "itch" to finally have my ears done....

Though I am glad I only have blood work done once a year......

Thumbs up

When I told my wife I wanted to have mine done which was before I came out to the kids, her first comment was that it would give me away- everyone would then know. I had not seen a lot of older guys with earrings. After I had it done, no one questioned it. She then admitted she like the look. A year or so later I had a second holes done. She likes that too. I usually wear studs in the top and hoops in the lower.
    Comments came from a younger guy, an SA at a kiosk at the mall, said he now knew what he would look like as an older person with earrings. And just recently an older guy stopped me and asked where I got my hoops from, cuz he couldn't find any that small. They are called "huggies" cuz that's how they fit and they are designed for men, and my wife found them.
    So I'd say don't ask and don't worry about what others will say or think cuz they probably won't. It is your body, you can do what you want to it at any age. It will look great!

Clip on earrings usually don't hurt after a while; the pain sensors quickly get overloaded and you don't even notice it until the earring clip moves to another part of the earlobe, they usually hurt most when you take them off (at least that's been my experience!). If you see a pair of pierced earrings, there are a few different ways to convert them to clip ons. I find hoop earrings sexy; ebay has 2 inch hoops which have a spring inside so they look exactly like pierced ones. Cheap, too. My favorite are a pair of dangling five point open stars, with a smaller solid star on the earlobe as the front of the clip; you can't tell that they're clipons. It takes a while,but there are lots of really pretty clip ons that aren't garish or bulky. Search ebay; they're there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Maybe...
    But you can't get these :P

Good god I wish I wasn't broke as hell, since I want these ones too.

What is it about getting your ears pierced that makes you want to collect tons of earrings?
    I can't wait until my ears hurry up and finish healing so I can wear my 1up mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Clip on earrings usually don't hurt after a while; the pain sensors quickly get overloaded and you don't even notice it until the earring clip moves to another part of the earlobe, they usually hurt most when you take them off (at least that's been my experience!).
    So far, most of the ones I have hurt while I'm wearing them and even more when I try to remove them. I took a pair off 1/2 hour ago and my ears still hurt. And I broke a pair trying to bend them so they wouldn't hurt as bad.

My mind is made up, if my wife is OK with it, I'll get them pierced. Just one in each ear, that's fine for me. And I'll start with the titanium balls until they heal.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Good for you Linda! Keep us "posted"!

I think my wife is OK with it, we talked about it today. She said "Lots of men have pierced ears. You just can't wear girly earrings outside." I told her I wouldn't.

I'll probably go to the place in the mall. They use the gun and they have titanium ball starter earrings. I called just a minute ago to see the best time, etc. but the line was busy.

I think my wife is OK with it, we talked about it today. She said "Lots of men have pierced ears. You just can't wear girly earrings outside." I told her I wouldn't.
    Way to go Linda. My wife isn't that supportive. I asked her after she told me that the Amish show she watched forgot to plug the male actor's ears with makeup.

I want, I want, I want. Hey, cant help it!!! I have a medical condition called GID, my brain sends out electrical impulses and forces me into feminine submission. Both to liking females and being female. Pierced earrings are frosting on da cake.

Please o'please.

I also have G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
    Last edited by TeresaL; 08-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I just got mine pierced while on vacation (Pennsic Wars - for you Scadians out there ). I've done it in the past, but always let the holes heal back up. This time, I'm trying to keep them. Got some small grey titanium studs for drab mode, some really neat antique silver twisted wire hoops for my late 15th century persona, and starting to collect some earrings for me as well.

I guess this also means I need to get some hook findings to convert all the old earrings that I converted to clip back to pierce again
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

I have both ears pierced, and regularly wear earrings in male mode. At work, only small plain silver studs, but outside I wear up to 1 inch diameter hoops, and small dangling pieces sometimes, never a problem.

Michaella

Would love to get my ears pierced, Seems like many associates have one pierced. not many with both.

Well, it's done now. Two little gold balls. Of course, now I have to wear them for a month and studs for six months, but then I can use my imagination.

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!

Platinum Member
    Hi Linda, That's wonderful now you can start building your collection.

This is something that I've been thinking about for my upcoming 70th.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-23-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have both my ears pierced.When out in guy mode I wear some pink studs or some small drop earings,no one has ever said anything to me.When at home even when in guy mode I wear really large drop earings,I love to feel them dangling on my cheeks.Some of mine almost reach my shoulders.After dressing in the mornings earings are the second thing I put on,lipstick is the first of course.

I had one ear pierced when I was 17, my brother made me do it, I always wished I had both done but he would have ridiculed me. Several years later I went and got the second done, It helped that David Beckham made mens earrings popular for a good while.
    Best thing I ever did, can't describe how much better wearing typical earings over clip-ons is. I don't wear earings as a man anymore but this isn't a problem as they never close.

Well, it's done now. Two little gold balls. Of course, now I have to wear them for a month and studs for six months, but then I can use my imagination.
    Well done
    Anyone notice?

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    Cheers, Linda .....has the "family" said anything ?
    twitter : @ lindaesj