Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears

Pierced Ears

I've noticed that some men have pierced ears. Not many, but some. I noticed last night that the host of the TV show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" was wearing earrings, a necklace and bracelet. Having my ears pierced would give me many more options for earrings than the clip ons that I am now wearing and they have to hurt less (after the initial pain of having them pierced).

So how many folks out there who are in male mode when in public have pierced ears? Have there been any negative reactions? Have people asked why? What earrings (if any) do you wear in male mode? Other thoughts and suggestions?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    I have had double pierced holes in for years and although I save the doubles for Annie, I sometimes wear a stud or hoop in my left ear or studs or hoops in both ears when in male mode. If you are self-conscious about getting your ears pierced, you can buy small clear plastic studs to keep the holes open after you get them done, cover with a concealer and go your merry way. After your holes stay open on their own go ahead and get the second hole in each ear and then just move the studs to the new holes. No one will see the 1/2 inch difference in the distance, unless you get your cartilage done with a bar!

If you really pay attention there are lots of men with pierced ears. Of all different ages. I decided one day to see how many men at work had their ears pierced. It was around 30%. Not all were wearing them at work but you could clearly see where the piercing is.
    I have had my ears pierced a number of different times. Problem is I never leave them in long enough to be permanent. [Usually only a few days]. They always grow back. It only takes me a few minutes to pierce them. I kind of have it down to an art. I have had no real problems with re-piercing them. A word of caution though. If you decide to pierce them just for a night out. It takes a couple weeks for them to grow back and it will be noticeable till they do.

Banned Read only
    Quit worrying and go get your ears piereced already. It's no big deal these days for men to have piereced ears. Anyone says anything just sing, 'that's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh!

Mine are double pierced.
    Except for work (regulations limit me to one pair) I always wear diamond studs in the uppers and small gold hoops in the lowers (drab) and replace the small hoops with chandeliers, large hoops or what ever my mood and outfit dictates otherwise.
    Never a comment and I gave up noticing people's looks a long time ago.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not for a night out, for ever. I'm just wondering what my friends and family would think of a "senior citizen" deciding to have his ears pierced after all these years. If I was 25 years old, it might be a different story. Remember, I'm a "guy" when I leave the house. I might be wearing a bra and panties, but to the world, I'm a male.

And I would have it done professionally. I wouldn't try it at home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I must get mine pierced, one day...
    Others notice the indentations on my lobes now and then especially if I have been wearing earrings for a long time.
    I have someflat styles that lend themselves to using superglue. They really look good and are easy to peel off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    mines been pierced for a while now and I love it, I am lucky I can wear studs daily so I can keep them open!

I had my ears pierced maybe 5 years ago. I wear things in both male and female mode, and had little reaction to them no matter what. If in a situation where it's questionable to wear in male mode, then just don't. I've gone a week with no jewelry before and not had trouble starting in again - the holes don't regrow fast enough to be a problem. With no jewelry in them, no one can tell they're pierced.

Ann

No one in public has said a word to me about them, I got a bit of standard guff from my mom and brother but it passed within a week.

Funnily enough my mother came around when my grandmother said how much she liked my new piercings.

To tell you the truth, I don't see many older men with pierced ears and here's why:
    I'm not looking at their ears, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else going about their day.

I've had single holes in both ears for 20 years. I wear gold women's hoops everyday. No biggie!
    Just wearing what's comfortable!

I have 7 piercings in my ears, and have had them for years. I never had anyone say anything negative. Only thing said was "again?"

Go For It

I waited until I was 44 years old to do it, age is not a factor.

If your friends ask why, the answer is because it was either this or a Prince Albert or a belly button ring if you want to be less risqué. They'll all laugh and it will be over Ultimately you did it because you wanted to.

It doesn't hurt, the option are much better than clip ons, and if you want to they heal over if you stop wearing them.

I bought a pair of diamond studs I wear all the time in male mode. They double as a nice pair when in female mode too.
    Rebecca Bas

I wear diamond studs in both ears, in male mode and have done for more years than I care to remember. Wife pushed for me to have both done and nagged, if I did not put earings in lol. Had compliments on different types ear rings, never a bad comment. In fact its seems to me to be the norm for alot of men. Even had the tops of my ears done.
    Go for it, you will love it and the greater choice of earings when dressed.
    Last edited by Samantha Jane; 08-13-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Samantha xx

One day I will think of something profound to write here!!!!!!!!!!

As a senior citizen myself, I had my ears pierced about 4 years ago. Other than the initial ribbing nothing has ever been said. No... Wait! I actually did have one woman tell me she liked my earrings when I was dressed male!

Linda, how do you think your wife would feel about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joan_CD View Post
    As a senior citizen myself, I had my ears pierced about 4 years ago. Other than the initial ribbing nothing has ever been said. No... Wait! I actually did have one woman tell me she liked my earrings when I was dressed male!

Linda, how do you think your wife would feel about it?
    I'll wait until the right time to ask. Probably while walking past the ear piercing store in the mall. That way, it will be done before she has a chance to think about it.

Linda you are just tooooooo funny! . So, how is it going? I know you are waiting for your forms. Any other news?

Linda,

I have both ears pierced and ware earrings of all types when in male mode. Since I telecommute to work most, I ware them almost every day. Never had a problem or any questions asked.

Richelle

Quote Originally Posted by Joan_CD View Post
    Linda you are just tooooooo funny! . So, how is it going? I know you are waiting for your forms. Any other news?
    The forms have been shipped, I'm waiting on them. Meanwhile, I'm wearing the swimsuit pads for "titties". She plays with them from time to time.

I'm hoping once I have the forms, the need for a wig will become obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle View Post
    Linda,

I have both ears pierced and ware earrings of all types when in male mode. Since I telecommute to work most, I ware them almost every day. Never had a problem or any questions asked.

Richelle
    I'm retired so it's only friends and family I'll have to contend with. I'm not worried about strangers.

Cool! Now it's hurry up and wait!

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I'm retired so it's only friends and family I'll have to contend with. I'm not worried about strangers.
    Worst case scenario: They all think you're gay.
    Solution: You know you're not, why should their opinions carry any weight?

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Worst case scenario: They all think you're gay.
    Solution: You know you're not, why should their opinions carry any weight?
    I have my wife to think of. I don't want to cause her any stress or discomfort.

Linda, when all is said and done and you finally are presenting full female, (wig, makeup, etc.), do you think you would be passable enough for your wife to feel comfy going to another town as girlfriends going shopping, etc.?

Miriam
    I wear small diamond studs in each ear when in male mode, definitely smaller than the ones I see in the ears of my son and most of his friends. They're not all that common in 50+ year old engineers, but not all that unusual. Other than a few quick questions from friends when I first got them, all easily handled, know one seems to pay any attention. Of course, I go for the pretty dangly ones when en femme.

Just do it!

Miriam