Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears

Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    If your friends ask why, the answer is because it was either this or a Prince Albert or a belly button ring if you want to be less risqué.
    It doesn't have to be either/or!

- Diane

I am old but still have several holes in each ear. A very few men have made comments never anything rude but some kidding. I have received several compliments from women who have found them quite attractive.

I want to get my ears pierced as well, however i have become so fem in my look not sure i want to take that step and get both ears done.. I am thinking of only doing one for now.. then after it heals up do the other.. that way it would make as big an impact as doing the both at the same time as for being noticed. My hair is half way down my back and cut in a girl style, my nails are long and most always clear polished at least.. my legs are shaved and i do wear shorts often.. not that i care what people think, just prefer not to discuss my life with those i work with

On 1 ear vs both:
    The kind of closed-minded people who would make an issue out of getting both ears pierced wouldn't like you getting only one done either.

Go whole-hog and get both!

Especially since you're going to be waiting double the healing time before you can wear anything else.
    You may end up waiting 4-5 months vs only 2-3. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Joan_CD View Post
    Linda, when all is said and done and you finally are presenting full female, (wig, makeup, etc.), do you think you would be passable enough for your wife to feel comfy going to another town as girlfriends going shopping, etc.?
    I think so. It's a ways off though if ever.

Update:

Yesterday my wife was out running errands she came home and said "Look what I got you." and handed me a small bag. Inside was a bracelet and a pair of earrings (clip on). Cheap stuff from Kmart similar to what we bought a couple weeks ago. I thanked her and commented that I had broken my only pair of gold (colored) earrings. She replied that they were cheap anyway.

I said "I ought to just go ahead and get my ears pierced." She said "Yes, I suppose." Then she said "But then you'll be wanting to wear my earrings." I said "Well, you have at least thirty pairs and only two ears." She laughed.

So there it stands. Seeds planted, waiting for them to sprout.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Linda you will love pierced ears. So many choices!!!

I finally got mine pierced about 4 years ago. It's not unusual for me to wear earings in both ears now. It was starting to get common 25 years ago with the young guys so they are now in their 40s. I've had a few jokes at work but that's all. Just do it.
    Sally

Aspiring Member
    I got my ears pierced when I was 53, teaching in Ft. Worth and was simply told that now I couldn't say anything to my son if he wanted to get his pierced as well. My second set of holes came about 4 years later when I was teaching at another high school in Dallas County; no one said anything this time. There goes the excuse about being too old. Just say that you had a mid-life crisis and really wanted to be different from all the other senior citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    I got my ears pierced when I was 53, teaching in Ft. Worth and was simply told that now I couldn't say anything to my son if he wanted to get his pierced as well. My second set of holes came about 4 years later when I was teaching at another high school in Dallas County; no one said anything this time. There goes the excuse about being too old. Just say that you had a mid-life crisis and really wanted to be different from all the other senior citizens.
    I think wearing a skirt and boobies probably already makes me different from all the other senior citizens!

But that's a good suggestion - a mid-life crisis. I like it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My ears were recently pierced and I keep a variety of studs in them 24/7. I have a silver pair and a turquoise pair I particularly like. I wear them regardless of my mode of presentation. People take notice, but my lack of self-consciousness means no one cares at all. I get lots of positive comments from total strangers, too!

Ilovemy pierced ears and shopping for earings is a great joy. I often wear nothing in my ears at work its not nessecary. But when I get home its fun time.
    hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

I got mine done when i was 25
    I have worn many types and styles while in male mode
    I only had one guy asked me to take them out while doing business
    ( that was back in the eighty's)
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I'll wait until the right time to ask. Probably while walking past the ear piercing store in the mall. That way, it will be done before she has a chance to think about it.
    Just a suggestion, but if you're concerned about looking more masculine, you probably would prefer small hoops over the silly little studs which the piercing pagoda sticks in your ear lobe. In order to do that, however, you'd need to go to a licensed tattoo parlor. The tatoo people have state licenses and some training, and can install any kind of earring you want on the first visit. The mall shops have to use a piercing gun because their employees are not licensed, and the reason they install only studs is because it's not possible to use a gun when installing hoops.

I've had both ears pierced for several years, and have gotten a few comments about them, but never of a gender specific type. Whether said jokingly, or spitefully, it's always had something to do with age and/or politics. If you have friends who are politically or socially conservative, or attend a fundamentalist church, expect to be called a Hippy in a semi-friendly way by somebody who means it as an insult. LOL!
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 08-14-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I have my wife to think of. I don't want to cause her any stress or discomfort.
    Both my ears are pierced. My wife suggested it before I had really considered it. She actually pieced them for me, pushing sterile studs through against a cork. Now I wear earrings 24/7 and I don't have any male studs. All my earring and studs are femme. Nobody seems to care about it.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I Piecred my the first time when I was about 13. I worked my way up to 9 holes on each ear. Now I'm Down to using 2 in each. More people comment on my shaved armes or legs the ear rings.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

I am not allowed to have them where I work and I have been at the place for 20 years. I wish there was an easier way to do it and keep them open without having something in there for weeks

Had mine pierced 7 years ago at the age of 54. No regrets! Love 'em. Not one derogatory word has been said. I normally wear gold hoops. Some plain. Some fancy.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I've had three holes in each ear for quite a while. I'm also in the retirement club and the only comment I have ever had was from one of the ladies at work (before I retired), she said, you have pierced ears. I said, pretty cool isn't it? My advice is: dance like nobody is watching. You'll get them pierced when you reach the point of not caring what other people think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    It doesn't have to be either/or!

- Diane
    That's one way of keeping it up and out of the way, or a neat place to hook a wallet chain.
    O_o

I'm done with my family visits until Thanksgiving so I suppose now is the time so they can heal before the next visit and I can leave the earrings out for a few days. We'll see.

You will love the variety there is for pierced ears!

I can't wait for the end of November! I'm pretty sure I'm getting mine pierced then. Just have to wait till I won't be kayaking for a while so I can let them heal without getting in fresh I water... I'm super excited about it!!!
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

Platinum Member
    Hi Linda, You are probably old enough to be able to blame it on a ((MID-LIFE CRISIS)).
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A quick tip:
    Listen to your body.
    If you don't feel you've healed enough then do not change the starter earrings.

<----- Slow healer, found out the hard way :P

I got my first pair of piercings 10 years ago at 56 years of age, the second about 3 years ago, and I love it. I wear studs in drab. When in skirts I wear a pair of studs with dragons or other symbols in the top holes, and a pair of dangly earrings that match the blouse and skirt in the bottom holes. I never had a problem at work, but they know that I am a crossdresser, so I didn't expected any problems.
    Have fun now, life is too short to wait,
    RedBaron
    http://www.facebook.com/guenther.eichhorn