Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you still dominate?

Are you still dominate?

Even in girl mode? I am mostly because I feel I should be strong as femal and male.
    You where born this way.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    personally speaking, I'm not much of a "dominator" in male mode ... even less so in girl mode. Actually, I kind of like that aspect of girl mode, since it's not really who I am anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Rose View Post
    Are you still dominate?
    From the way your question is worded, it sounds like you are assuming anyone who is strong is dominant and anyone who is not dominant is weak. Even worse is if the assumption is all males are dominant. If that is what you are saying, please walk away from that stereotype or false assumption.

Being strong does not automatically mean being dominant. Strength comes in many different forms and manifests itself in many different ways, and it is not gender specific or exclusive. Being compassionate, forgiving and able to compromise for the greater good often takes significantly more strength of spirit, mind and body than the opposite.

My answer your original question is no. I am neither dominant or submissive, and my strength does not come nor is it defined by being dominant over anyone or anything.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 08-14-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added the last three sentences; fixed a misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    From the way your question is worded, it sounds like you are assuming anyone who is dominate is strong and anyone who is not is weak. Even worse is if the assumption is all males are dominate. If that is what you are saying, please walk away from that stereotype or false assumption.

Being strong does not automatically mean being dominate. Strength comes in many different forms and manifests itself in many different ways, and it is not gender specific or exclusive.
    What she said.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I may be strong in personality but I am flexible in the domination stakes.
    If there is a very strong willed person in the group I will circle around and then strike if need be.
    No use getting into arguments over personal views is there.
    Just causes angst.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm submissive as a male and shows even more when I'm dressed, but that's the way I am.

I asked my wife. She just laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I asked my wife. She just laughed.

If I was to ask my wife she would tell me what to say........ lol

I don't look at my relationship as having either one of us as the dominate figure. we are equals.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I never was dominant in any relationship so why should that change when I am dressed?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    From the way your question is worded, it sounds like you are assuming anyone who is strong is dominate and anyone who is not dominate is weak. Even worse is if the assumption is all males are dominate. If that is what you are saying, please walk away from that stereotype or false assumption.

Being strong does not automatically mean being dominate. Strength comes in many different forms and manifests itself in many different ways, and it is not gender specific or exclusive. Being compassionate, forgiving and able to compromise for the greater good often takes significantly more strength of spirit, mind and body than the opposite.

I think Mellisa summed it up for me. Very well thought out response.

One of the joys of being Lori is that someone else can drive the bus and I can go along for the ride
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well, there is right and wrong but in my world the following applies:

Rule # 1--Kate is never wrong.

Rule # 2-- If Kate is wrong, see rule # 1.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Does passive/agressive count?Female yet manly?
    Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I like the guy to be bominate.
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581

Ha,,,,Ha,,,, Was you EVER ???
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I'm strong enough not to need to dominate or be dominated if it is a contest between two wills, I resist by flowing around them and use questions to bring
    anothers motives out into the light of day.

I'm not threatened by what others do for me because I'm not dependant on it and I do not allow others to become dependant on me, there is love and than there
    is fear and it is difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

They can lean on me but I will not be someones crutch or use them as one.

Weakness of will or passivity is not femininity or masculinity but escape into childhood while being in an adult body

Miriam
    I need to be master of only one person - myself. I neither submit to nor dominate others, nor do I have any desire to do so - except for a little play now and then. I have the strength to be myself, despite the influence of others.

But Kelly said this so much more nicely. Beautifully done.

Miriam

Kelly, You are a very smart Lady and very secure in who you are. I feel very much the same.

I am very secure to follow someone's lead, until it conflicts with what I believe or until I am asked
    to step up and assume a leadership role. This doesn't mean that I don't influence the world around me,
    it just means I do it from the background. I only join the forground when needed.

I can live with that and be Happy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm no different no matter how I dress!

Even in girl mode? I am mostly because I feel I should be strong as femal and male.
    I think it's relevant to tell us if your dates or your SO is male or female, Rose!?

Personally, I've done my own thing my entire life. However, on a few occasions where I've given the woman control, I've found it could be exciting or devastating!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    About the only thing I am at all "dominate" in is my work; otherwise I am neither dominate or submissive.

Even the domination in my work is more that people tend to defer to my solutions because of my competence. But that doesn't mean that they "follow" me. The prophet in the wilderness

Silver Member
    Yes I am dominant when dressed---not dressed I tend to be a regular guy
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Good for you! You're a feminist after my own heart.

I become impatient with wimpy ladies. lol
    Reine

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think Melissa nailed it ... but if you're asking me if I am "still" dominate when dressed? ... err no and that would be because I am not a dominate person in the first place.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Very well thought out response.
    That's kinda how she rolls. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com