Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are the majority of CDs and TGs straight?

There are two energies that all people hold within them and can be symbolically represented by testosterone and estrogen even though it is not purely symbolic but actual.

One energy creates the desire to penetrate (act on) and the other to be penetrated (be acted on)

Usually the energy to penetrate is strongest in a male and weakest in a female and the energy to be penetrated is strongest in a female and weakest in a male.

These two energies in a crossdresser are equally strong (and they were born that way) creating a tension as each energy seeks dominance (need to be expressed and experienced) so they have the "potential" to be bi-sexual but not the "need" to be.

The sex act is the result of the mixture and relationship of these two energies to each other.

Within certain people this energy can flip back and forth in dominance so you want to "act on" and be "acted on" like a form of movement through time.

Crossdressing can be the expression of both these energies in that when you feel feminine "acted on" but see the image of yourself as a female so than experience the energy of wanting to "act on" creating the experience of both energies happening simultanously so you have the experience of the " self f..k " wanting to "act on" and " acted on" at the same time.

This could be highly addictive because there are than no restraints, you have
    made two into one.

Sexuality is the expression of the relationship between two opposite energies in each person and this relationship was determined at birth so it is part of you that you than learn ways of finding harmony with (inner peace) so there is no majority only each person finding their own
    truth.
    Last edited by KellyJameson; 08-14-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Gay and straight are socially constructed categories that only describe some people. I think the late, great, Gore Vidal had it right when he said, "There is no such thing as a homosexual or a heterosexual person. There are only homo- or heterosexual acts. Most people are a mixture of impulses if not practices." A wise person on this forum, in another context, once asked what it would be like if we only had the categories of apples, oranges and banana's to describe all the different fruits (LOL!). Yet that is exactly what we try to do with sexuality. We try to sort all the fruits into straight/bi/gay and argue endlessly about which one of these categories admirers,"male lesbians" and those who are "bi when dressed" belong to when it is obvious that they belong to "none of the above." Gore Vidal also said, “Trust a nitwit society like this one to think that there are only two categories - fag and straight.”
    Amen to that.

I swear, this board sometimes can be more homophobic than an Evangelical Preacher's Conference (and has just as many closet queers).
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    There are two energies that all people hold within them...
    Sexuality is the expression of the relationship between two opposite energies in each person and this relationship was determined at birth so it is part of you that you than learn ways of finding harmony with (inner peace) so there is no majority only each person finding their own
    truth.
    Thanks for that Kelly... and thanks Gena
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Gena Gurl View Post
    my take is from personal experiance of so called straight cds and some of the post that I see here when some one ask gay or bi and there is always a larger group tha are that.
    You must not reading all the posts and threads here. It isn't even near a majority.
    I had also attended a crossdressing group in Dallas for two or three meetings and I can tell you that out of 25 or so members the majority where gay and bi. Please, I agree that there are many that are straight as am I, but how do you explain when at the CDs at the events are hooking up. When I was there I was approached by a "straight CD from Austin, Tx and wanted to as he said fool around. I must repeat and I know that I am painting with a brad brush, and I guess we well have to agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I'm just guessing here but maybe most of the ones that attend use it as an opportunity to hook up or make new like minded friends. I'm thinking the straight ones might be in relationships already.
    what Marleena said Making assumptions based on a small cross section ( a cross section of cross dressers ) is not a good idea. There have been scientific studies on this and they always bear out that 50% or greater are straight, 40% or so are bi and 10% are gay. Just like in the non-crossdressing world. Your outlook would make most the men in a bar unmarried. Just because they hit on the girl on the next stool does not make them single. Maybe there is a problem with semantics here. Let's understand a few things that I have learned form being in the world and here. 50% or more of the crossdressers will never get beyond the closet. Thus you have never met that 50% in public. Let's just say out of the 50% who do get out, most go for a drive or to the gas station and never any further, so they won't be in your cross section either. So at the very least we have probably eliminated 60% (actually more but since I don't have any actual numbers we will go with 60% it is good for the following illustration). That would make the majority not on your list. But even so, the ones who go to bars or meetings or clubs or hotels are a small minority. Thus why we as transgendered people have so much trouble convincing the rest of the world we are just your normal every day run of the mill suburban (ok not that) neighbor. You are falling into the same trap and mind set that most people have of the TG community. That we are sexual ( I was going to say deviants...but that isn't even right) oddities. That what you see in the media is what we are. It isn't. You are interacting with a small part of the community. You may make a statement that "of the x number of TG's I have met the majority are bi or gay" But saying that in general TG's are bi or gay is...well wrong.
    These views are from a long life as a crossdresser only.
    Me too. But I want to make this abundantly clear for the SO's and lurkers who will read this thread. It isn't true. If you are a CD and reading this, you are who you are. Don't believe you have to be gay or bi to dress. And wives and SO's...OMG your husband isn't out there hitting on guys.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Reinel, thanks for the tread you sent, I went to that thread titled "Crossdressing and the Male Attraction" and by far almost 85% said that as dressed in women's clothing the have or would consider being wit a CD or a "man's Touch". In my book that makes you gay or BI. This is from members on this site. So despute that! All I'm saying is that even if you are a crossdresser and want to be with an other crossdresser is a man and a man no ifs or butts. This said there is nothing wrong with that, just do not go around saying that you are straig, that' all!
    No.

If you look into it a little deeper, you'll see there are many CDers who *think* they are attracted to men when in fact they haven't tested the waters and figured out whether actually having sex with men is a turn-off or not. And there doesn't seem to be a desire to go ahead with the "testing", since I guess the fantasy is enough on its own. So the attraction is not to the man, but to a faceless penis that serves to emphasize and enhance feelings of femininity, which autogynephilics find arousing. The attraction is therefore to the image of the self as a woman and this is not a description of someone who is homosexual.

I'm not saying there aren't CDers who are gay, of course there are. And CDers who are bi, straight, and asexual, just the same as in the non-CDing population. The biggest difference IMO between CDers and non-CDers is the presence of a fifth sexual orientation (if you want to look at it that way) among some CDers, which is to the self as a woman (autogynephilia). THIS is what can so easily mask as an attraction to a man since it is the fantasy of a penis that serves to enhance feelings of femininity.

So don't base your perceptions on all the flirting you see online or all the wishing/fantasy posts. In real life it is likely that many/most (?) of these CDers would be turned off to find themselves in a sexual relationship as one male-bodied individual with another, which would be a turn-on only if someone is homosexual.

Edit - Also, be aware that in any discussion forum, it is mostly the people who feel positively about the question who will answer. If the question is, "How many of you are into guys?" most of the responses will be from members who fantasize about guys. If the question is "Who among you is straight?", you'll see a majority of responses from members who don't fantasize about men.

Also, do a physical count. Go back and count how many posts you've seen in the last three months from members who have had sex with men (while dressed and not dressed), and produce a ratio with the 7,000 people who have logged into this forum in the last three months. You'll likely get less than one percent.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-14-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    Reine

Silver Member
    One thing to bear in mind is that the images you are seeing on those sites are gay/bi trans who put those pictures out there because they are looking for attention of some sort or the other from other gay/bi trans or males who are attracted to them. You are not going to see as many images of the heterosexual dresser because they are not interested in drawing attention to themselves, at least in a manner to draw sexual attention to themselves. Think of it this way: If you live in a large city, one of the most visible public images of trans are the street prostitutes. Why? Is that because most trans are prostitutes? Or is it because they choose to make themselves visible (part of the job.) The average hetero TV is not hanging around street corners at night because they mostly dress in private, and therefore you don't see them; it does not mean they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    You must not reading all the posts and threads here. It isn't even near a majority.
    what Marleena said Making assumptions based on a small cross section ( a cross section of cross dressers ) is not a good idea. There have been scientific studies on this and they always bear out that 50% or greater are straight, 40% or so are bi and 10% are gay. Just like in the non-crossdressing world. Your outlook would make most the men in a bar unmarried. Just because they hit on the girl on the next stool does not make them single. Maybe there is a problem with semantics here. Let's understand a few things that I have learned form being in the world and here. 50% or more of the crossdressers will never get beyond the closet. Thus you have never met that 50% in public. Let's just say out of the 50% who do get out, most go for a drive or to the gas station and never any further, so they won't be in your cross section either. So at the very least we have probably eliminated 60% (actually more but since I don't have any actual numbers we will go with 60% it is good for the following illustration). That would make the majority not on your list. But even so, the ones who go to bars or meetings or clubs or hotels are a small minority. Thus why we as transgendered people have so much trouble convincing the rest of the world we are just your normal every day run of the mill suburban (ok not that) neighbor. You are falling into the same trap and mind set that most people have of the TG community. That we are sexual ( I was going to say deviants...but that isn't even right) oddities. That what you see in the media is what we are. It isn't. You are interacting with a small part of the community. You may make a statement that "of the x number of TG's I have met the majority are bi or gay" But saying that in general TG's are bi or gay is...well wrong.
    Me too. But I want to make this abundantly clear for the SO's and lurkers who will read this thread. It isn't true. If you are a CD and reading this, you are who you are. Don't believe you have to be gay or bi to dress. And wives and SO's...OMG your husband isn't out there hitting on guys.
    Lorieleah. I beg to differ and this is just one of many threads on the subject, but in the tread Crossdresers and the Male attraction had 65 post of the 65 posts 48 people said that they had, or would do it with a CD or a man and this is from a thread here, you can go back and check it.Also about 12 that woud like to do it. I my self are in volved with a GG so I'm not trying to scare them off or scare them at all specialy the supportive ones and the newbees, but now that you brought up the subject of GGs How many posts have I've seen where the CD (in or out of the closet that suaore to the wife/gf that they are straigt) is caught sending and or meeting other CD online. I do not have any kind of agenda as some one posted, I love to crossdress and admire most of the women here. I'm sure i am not the first and wont be the last to to bring this up.

I beg to differ and this is just one of many threads on the subject, but in the tread Crossdresers and the Male attraction had 65 post of the 65 posts 48 people said that they had, or would do it with a CD or a man and this is from a thread here, you can go back and check it.Also about 12 that woud like to do it.
    Gena, you really need to pay attention to the explanation for this that I've provided in my prior posts.

Or, you can go on believing what you WANT to believe and not pay attention to the people who have been here for years, participated in tens of thousands or threads, go regularly to TG events and support groups, talk to all the wives, etc.

It's entirely up to you.

http://www.freeclipartnow.com/d/2305...ad-In-Sand.jpg
    Reine

Ok, I give up! I guess I will be be one of a tiny minority that feels this way. Am not going to belabor the subject any more and will try to stay with not so contreversial a subject. Please alow me tell to tell you that there are no hard feelings at all and hope that I did not offend too many of you all. Thanks Gena

but now that you brought up the subject of GGs How many posts have I've seen where the CD (in or out of the closet that suaore to the wife/gf that they are straigt) is caught sending and or meeting other CD online.
    Since I read 80% of the threads posted here, I would say very few. Most are from a SO who feels deceived or has their trust broken but has never caught or even heard of her SO having sex with a man. I cannot even remember when a SO posted recently that their CD partner liked sex with men. Maybe some about being online but that is not physically interacting with a man. Like Reine said, there is a fantasy life here and a reality life. There are those who think it would be fun, right up until they actually have to touch someone. And with that
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some like to argue semantics but what does that accomplish?
    If you like sex with the same gender have at it,if you don't then don't.
    Why worry when the end result negligible at best.

A simple way to clear the confusion is as close as this website. Statistically speaking, the members here might or might not represent the entire CD population but they do represent a (sub)segment. The idea is to survey this cross-section of the population. In other words, this site could ask members to answer a short (or not) voluntary survey for fun while providing interesting information potentially accurate enough to help define the population. The survey (or questions of the week...whatever), using only multiple choices, like seen on other websites, could provide instant tabulated responses to-date and a member could only participate once of course.

Just a thought.

That is the million dollar question, isn't it Gena? A question that can only be answered by each one of us individually.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't know about anyone else I look at the pics to see how. Passable and the fashion side of it all. I am married love women have no desire to be with any man, I simply think that what we call " women's " clothes are a lot nicer looser fitting more comfortable and a lot more sexy. In nature I have read that it is the male who is usually more colorful and such why change that? Just saying and besides gay straight bi who gives a damn

I hear tell it's like 80% str8... unless they're en femme, then all bets are off !
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gena Gurl
    Are the majority of CDs and TGs straight?
    [SIZE="2"]Here’s a quote from the late Gore Vidal that you may find enlightening:[/SIZE]

“We are all bisexual to begin with. That is a fact of our condition. And we are all responsive to sexual stimuli from our own as well as from the opposite sex. Certain societies at certain times, usually in the interest of maintaining the baby supply, have discouraged homosexuality. Other societies, particularly militaristic ones, have exalted it. But regardless of tribal taboos, homosexuality is a constant fact of the human condition and it is not a sickness, not a sin, not a crime ... despite the best efforts of our puritan tribe to make it all three. Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality. Notice I use the word 'natural,' not normal.”

My experience is much more than going to a few conventions. I've spent much of the last 6 years helping run t-girl social clubs and by and away the largest group are hetero. There are plenty of bi and gay CDs but the majority are straight. Most of my online friends are also straight. Your experiences aren't typical of the CD community.
    Sally

Here's my two cent's worth, as a life long crossdresser. I see by many threads that say that the majority of CDs are straight, but my experiance has been that I do not believe that. Why? (and I do not want to upset any one it is just a personal observation) I, like alot of you go to sites like Flickr and You Tube and a meriad of porn cites that most have either cds with men or cds with cds. By far it is not straight men. Let me also say that all though I am straight I find my self attracted to a beautifull CD not becase she looks like a woman, but knowing that she is a beautiful CD. I have never been with an other CD or wanted to be with a man, but I think we need to be honest. I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from this, but this is my observation from years of crossdressing and trying to figure things out. All this said I do not harbor any ill will to those who want to be with men or CDs, just be honest whether gay or bi. Again just an oppinion, Thanks Gena
    The ones you meet on the internet claim to be the most strait.
    The ones you meet in person are much less so.
    The ones you meet with their wives in earshot are very strait
    The ones you meet with their wives not in earshot are are much less so.
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 08-14-2012 at 07:23 PM.

I don't think it really matters what we are. I am 100% straight and not even interested in guys. There's a difference between CD's and TG's, and I fit in the CD's. I only want to be the women I feel like I am when I want. I don't ever think about surgery or turning my body into a women. I joined this forum because I like to wear womens clothes and meet other lovely women just like me.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar

The Silent Majority

I think what also skews your numbers are lots and lots of CDers who are deep in the closet that they wouldn't come to a site like this. Their strong denialcoming from a deeply ingrained sense of hetrosexuallity

Gena, I was out and about a lot during the late 1980's through the 1990's, met A LOT of CD's over the years, and I agree with you. I know the "official" CD stance is that most CD's are as straight as an arrow, but that seriously contradicts what I've personally experienced. As far as I'm concerned, at least 50% of CD's are attracted to other CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    The ones you meet on the internet claim to be the most strait.
    The ones you meet in person are much less so.
    The ones you meet with their wives in earshot are very strait
    The ones you meet with their wives not in earshot are are much less so.
    Yep, sums it up very well.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

..., like alot of you go to sites like Flickr and You Tube and a meriad of porn cites that most have either cds with men or cds with cds. By far it is not straight men.
    If you go by the examples on those sites you will also deduce that the average woman has DDD breasts and the average man's endowment rivals a horse's in size.

That industry is not promoting the average image. They are promoting what sells, and straight CDers just don't sell very well despite their realism.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    You have lumped me into a group in which I do not merit membership. As I read your post, you come across as a closet homosexual who wants to legitimize his "heterosexuality" by making your behavior and interests seem typical. You are not typical. In fact, most men do not peruse sex sites, straight men are not attracted to men dressed as women. To each his own, but don't drag me into your fantasy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but straight here also. Been with the same woman since 1994 and now have a 6 month old daughter. Wife knows about "Staci" and supports it. Sex isn't the only reason guys crossdress. I prefer to use it as an escape from my persona when I need a break. Ever have life pile up on you, and you wish you were someone else if just for a little while? Me too. I spend a night as Staci, and I'm alot more relaxed the next day.

Porn is a terrible way to stereotype crossdressers. Some do it for fetish, some do it for sex, some do it for money, some do it for attention, some do it for psycological reasons, some do it just because they want to rebel. I don't even have straight sex while I'm Staci. Staci isn't a sexual being, but I like to try to look sexy being her.

But please don't use porn to try to put a finger on us. We're quite a bit more deep than what's portrayed in those films.

Hugs,
    Staci

Transwoman
    Straight and gay are just labels, which are problematic for those who are gender non-conforming anyway. Being true to yourself is what matters.