Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the allure to being a woman?

Average Young Man

Question What's the allure to being a woman?

So, I'm an ftm and honestly, I don't get what the allure is to wanting to be a girl. What are the positive points to being female? Because I just don't seem to see them.
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Yes I can understand your question; What does the other side have that I do not have.
    I see you like the Idea of being strong, dominant, powerfully, in short manly trites.
    I guess with me anyway, I like the Idea of wearing pretty clothes, looking nice, not
    DAB nice, but feminism nice.
    When you see a pretty girl, she is the attention of the room. I know I will never reach
    that goal in a million years, but I can dream, and put on a nice dress and enjoy the moment.
    Some here have been fortunate to go on to full transitions to being a female, Other's can
    only live the life they wanted to by dressing full time. They have the body type to be able to
    achieve this goal. I myself have the body of a lumberjack; Great for cutting wood, but I would
    look like a cartoon in a dress outside of this house. My wife understands my desires, and is
    OK with my dressing. and even under dressing.
    I wish you a lot of luck; Shark, you are able to look like a handsome young man, You know what a
    feeling inside that gives you. It is much the same on the other side of the street, If you can get
    my meaning.
    I hope this answers some of your questions, I know your question will bring many responses.
    Hugs
    Rader

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Let me just say, that I'm really looking forward to reading the responses in this thread.

When you put the question like that, I honestly can't answer.
    When I'm in girl mode, I just feel "mo' right", I guess ... like a missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle is put in place, and then the whole picture of me makes more complete sense than it did before. Maybe it's just that internally, I'm a soft, vulnerable person who is more in-line with female stereotypes than male stereotypes.

Society completely disdains males with those traits, and also being a product of this society, I've managed to internalize that conflict ... there's a symbolic mismatch ... the label doesn't represent the contents ... like a "sad clown" (those gimme the heebie jeebies) ... when I get in girl mode, it sort of temporarily re-aligns my outward appearance with what I feel inside, and then I don't feel the discomfort of the symbolic mismatch maybe.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and I just like dresses and being pretty, LOL.

As a MtF who can't understand what anyone could find alluring about being a dude ... is it okay for me to ask the same question of you? What on Earth could you possibly find attractive about being a dude?

For me its a comfort thing. I feel more comfortable being all dolled up and pretty. I think there is a part that has to do with the attention that Women rrecieve too. When a beautiful woman enters a room, everyone looks. Plus there are so many more options available to women. Men just wear jeans, shirt, sometimes no style to their hair. It is just very dull. I love the colors, the smells, and feeling of being pretty. Not sure if that answers your question or not. Maybe we could trade bodies! LOL
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Platinum Member
    Youre asking the wrong question, really. The motivation or need to be a woman, for those of us who are transgendered comes from deep inside. It may be something genetic or influenced by hormones during fetal development, or both. Whatever it is, it made me feel that need to express my feminine nature. It is not as though I was attracted to women's clothes by observation and envy...It's just who I am. Isn't that also true for you?

That for me is a hard question to answer. In the begin maybe it was the pretty clothes and makeup. As a man I was always very uncomfortable and very ashamed of myself in everyday life. As a child I always wanted to be a girl and do the things other girls did. Most woman are more honest with each other. That is something I don't see in men.

This question I will think on and see what else I come up with.

I also never thought I could be a woman because of my height and shape. But as for now I just feel so much more natural as a woman. I know I am not pretty and won't make guys look twice at me but I am happy now.

Good luck with you quest. I am sure you will get some wonderful answers.
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

Aha! This explains a lot. When we were in line for bodies during the Formation, You got mine!! . How do you feel when you become male?

The allure? It's just what I am, it's how I was born. How else can I explain it?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-14-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

*thinking of a brutally honest answer* Probably many of the reasons you don't? One of the biggest thing for me is that when I am in femme mode I am popular, outgoing, happy, friendly, more relaxed, more open. I am also an attention...well you know... like being noticed and I am. I am everything I wanted with a girl when I was in my teens and twenties. I am "me". Even people who know me in both modes say that.

We all tend to focus on the not so good aspects of who we are in daily life and to be honest I would not want some of the things that go with being a female (make your own decisions here). You see being a guy as all the good things that go with it and guys DO have more perks (what was the song if I were a boy I'd roll out of bed..."). At my age I get the majority of perks women who have been around get. I don't get the hassle of having to fend off guys or having the physical things once a month (or after 9 months). I don't have to fight for a job that pays less or get disrespected in that same workplace.

Mostly, it is just "something" that feels right. You know the feeling but in the opposite direction. Hard to really put a name on it. Just something inside. An inner spark?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well Shark... to be... or not to be... a woman? ... a man?
    allure... ?
    attraction... ?

Since my final purge, about four years ago, I've built up a collection of feminine wear (mostly dresses).
    A dress sometimes begs me to put it on... or so it seems to me...
    Daft, huh?

I don't have a choice, as far as I can tell.
    Cloths (i.e., what the world describes as "feminine clothing") choose me... and always have!

Does that help you?
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

I have to agree with kim! Nothing allures me! It's just the way I feel inside that I should be a woman! True I love the clothes etc. but my mind seems to belong to a female so my body should look like one!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Not sure, it's kind of an odd phenomenon. Even having put the CDing on the shelf recently in favor of a new GG relationship, I feel it's like learning to ride a bike, you never forget how regardless of how long it's been. IN short, it's a part of me I can choose to display or not--just being myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Allow me to answer with a question. What is the allure to you wanting to be a man?

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Great question. For me I enjoy everything feminine, the choices in clothing, shoes, hair styles, jewelry and accessories, plus the makeup and the way it transforms your appearance. I have and continue to enjoy the perks of being a GM and do not wish to become a full time woman but once in a while it is who I am. Women are treated and communicate more honestly than men who always have to protect their MACHO image even when they don't feel like it. Hell I even played semi-pro football for a couple of years (during the NFL strike had the chance to play for the Bengals, wide receiver). The guys were always out to prove how tough they were, it wasn't about playing as a team it was always about ME!
    When younger I had more female friends than male, while I could fight with the best of them I preferred playing with the girls. I love the feeling of being a women even if only in my own mind. My communication with my wife and others is more honest and open because as a woman I feel the same need for false pretense, nothing to prove, just be me.

Hugs
    Jolene

Hugs
    Jolene

I did my time as a guy and the kids are grown, now it's time to feel right.

Good question what's the allure to being a guy? Lol. Hell I just lie the clothing choices the softness selection, comfort, women clothes are so good looking, a nice pair of heels over sneakers anyday

Banned Read only
    When I was young and would actually look "pretty" when I dressed, I got much more attention and was actually treated nicer by the guys that were attracted to me than when I was a guy looking for attention from girls. I guess I was more social as a "girl", if that makes any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I have to agree with kim! Nothing allures me! It's just the way I feel inside that I should be a woman! True I love the clothes etc. but my mind seems to belong to a female so my body should look like one!
    I also must agree with Kim, I don't think I could have answered any better then this.

I thought we'd have a variety of answers that ranged a broad spectrum of CDing. Seems there a number that feel the way I do. Born this way. The wrong way. I know I should have been born a female.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I always hear thats its to relieve the stresses of being male. I don't know about that, I've never felt too stressed being male.

Its like I guess owning a truck. Its good its practical you can haul things with it. But you see commercials and watch movies the feature real fast sporty race cars. You think those have got to be fun to drive once in a while.

What's the allure to being a woman?

Never thought about it....I like being a man.....I just like to dress in womens clothing.

I don't remember wanting to dress like a girl as a kid. Sometimes I have bouts of gender identity dysphoria and entertain thoughts of transitioning. I think my desire is more a product of extreme self-loathing. My childhood was not a happy one to put it mildly and I theorize that I may have created some form of secondary personality, one that is the most opposite of what I am, as a coping mechanism. When I dress I can relax. I can become someone else. The more feminine the clothing, the better I am able to let go. It's a wonderful escape.

Sometimes I fantasize about what I could be if I wasn't a father, husband, son, brother, male etc but I know that is not possible at this time.
    Last edited by Kyndrie; 08-14-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    ~Kyndrie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    To be or not to be...

I have no idea, but as the shell begins to fall apart I'm beginning to accept that I should not have been born a man.
    Interesting topic though

I don't think of it as wanting to be a woman, but rather as a desire to express myself as I wish.

At work today I looked at all the women wearing nice cool summer dresses in a wide spectrum of colors and patterns, pretty necklaces, earrings, and bracelets, and wonderful shoes ranging from flats to heels. They obviously had quite a lot of fun picking out and wearing their creative outfits.

I was stuck sweltering in a shirt and long trousers with a color choice of blue, brown, or black. It distresses me greatly to be restricted like this, but that is what happens when you get the Y side of the coin flip.

There are other attractions. Women treat each other better and have better social relations. They don't have to spend all of their time and energy figuring out where they are in the packing order. They aren't expected to be able to handle any situation that comes along.

Now, I'm realistic and realize that being a woman isn't all wonderfulness. However that does not reduce my distress at my own situation.

I am looking forward to hearing the FTM side of the discussion. What are the attraction for them, considering that GGs are already much more free to explore male clothing options without being ostracized?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The allure is having no body hair except for wishing long hair on my head, boobs, panties, earings, nail polish, jewlery, wearing silky dresses, high heels and acting the part.
    Oh and when you put all that clothing and stuff on at the same time then go out in public, there is a huge invisible weight taken off your shoulders and body that you can't see but its not there anymore.