Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the allure to being a woman?

Banned Read only
    They smell nice

Thera

I think there are a lot of factors involved and the strength/importance of each will very almost day to day. Today its:

Women are beautiful; men... not so much.
    And I want to be beautiful.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

O.K., I'll take up the challenge, Janet_Prankster. Let's see now;
    The burden (family and work) of women is heavier than that of men, and far less acknowledged (and paid!);
    Nope. Through the 20th century, women often chose to work outside the home (for their own reasons, though they will always say it was to benefit everyone else in the family). They expected their husbands to do more of the housework and child care, but were frustrated when those men didn't. Two things; single women spend twice as much time on housework as single men, and once married, continue the same amount of time spent. women see that as inequal, expecting the guy to automatically match her efforts. He sees it as unfair, as he's already contributing the same (and what he feels as adequate) work as before. Childcare? Again, women spend more time doing it. It's something they enjoy more than most men, and is more important to societies for women to be involved in childcare. Most men assume they will get by on their own incomes. The 'better lifestyle' that the wife wants is up to her if she wants to work. Men don't insist their wife work, but women DO insist their men work. Another disparity.
    being a pretty women requires more efforts, money and time than being a handsome man
    Yes, but that's because it's what is required to be attractive TO men. working hard at a career is what attracts women TO men, so that's where they put most of their work. Two things here also; women make less ON AVERAGE than men do because they spend less time on their careers than men do, and men are more willing to sacrifice their personal life to advance in their careers. So, men work harder to succeed at work, and women work harder on their appearance.
    [*]sexy female garments are far more uncomfortable (and expensive!) than male ones (everybody here knows what it means wearing high heels or how a tight skirt hampers one's movement!); nevertheless...
    We do whatever is necessary to attract the opposite sex. Making a good income is a primary attractant for men; we do all sorts of dangerous AND UNCOMFORTABLE things to earn that money. How many women do you find in mines? On offshore oil rigs? Very, very few. and believe me, those jobs are far from comfortable. I'd call it a wash, but ever so slightly in favor of the men. Why? Because for 40+ hours a week, they HAVE TO wear appropriate, uncomfortable gear to earn what makes them attractive to women. Besides, I've worn tight skirts and they aren't that uncomfortable. Try wearing a deep sea diving suit and going down a few hundred feet to learn what's really uncomfortable. Or perhaps going into a raging inferno in a fire outfit. How many women do that?
    [*]...women are aware that, to the average man, their naked body is less attractive than the same in underwire bra/corset, garter belt/thigh-highs, heels, slits, and so on; with the nasty consequence that...
    That what? You didn't finish the statement. What nasty consequences are there? And heels? Unless the guy is a foot fetishist, few guys give a crap about what kind of shoes a woman wears, no matter what women like to think. Women spend tons of time deciding on shoes, so they think men care a great deal about those shoes. Nope. Women wiggle attractively whether they're wearing heels or sneakers, it's the anatomy that rules the gait. Basically if you're attractive with the shoes on, you'll be attractive with the shoes off, so wear sneakers, they're more comfortable. In fact, if I found a woman in my home wearing nothing but sneakers, that would be just fine with me! One of the things that I've found when talking to women is that they think being tall is important for women. But it's not; it's what they find important in a guy, so they incorrectly think it's important in a girl. Not so; if you're five feet tall and really, really hot, you'll have guys lined up at your door. No heels necessary. If you're six feet tall and a woman, and you're fat and ugly, virtually no guys will be lined up at your door. Height in a woman simply isn't all that important to men. If we're tall, sure, it would be nicer if she's closer to our height, but it's way down on the list of things we are looking for in a girl.
    the sexier a woman is dressed the more worried she is about showing too much (of her cleavage, of her stockings, of what can be seen through...); this requires constant vigilance (to sitting, crossing the legs, standing, riding a bike) totally unknown to men;
    That's up to each individual woman. Some like to believe that it's better to leave something to the imagination. I haven't found that to be true. Other women feel uncomfortable showing too much of their bodies to the opposite sex. Well, there's places for them too, such as certain Jewish communities where the fashion is always concealing long skirts and clothes that reveal virtually no skin at all. Not to mention those full coverage black outfits that some islamic groups wear. If you're not comfortable with what you're wearing, there's always another place for you to go, where there are men who will be interested in you.
    women attract more unwanted attentions than men (a man raped by a woman would rival a dog bitten by a postman! Ok, ok, I know it happens...);
    Ah, yes. However, there are always places to go where a woman is not subject to ANY attention if she should want to avoid it; she can always go to the ladies room or stay at home when she feels the need to avoid being looked at. On the other hand, if no one ever pays any sexual attention to you, and you want that attention, there's no place you can go to get it. Not for free, anyway.
    a woman alone in the night is less safe than a man; i.e. women are less free;
    O.K., you've got me there. But I've got a counter; women don't get drafted. The millions of guys who have died in wars that they had no choice in taking part in, dwarf the number of women who've died in street attacks.
    the female body is less apt to physical activity (have you ever spoken with a buxom girl about running on the beach?);
    Depends on what physical activity you're talking about. Women excel at long distance swimming, for example. Not to mention rolling along the balance beam on their pelvis, which would put a guy in the hospital for sure.
    aging devastates the beauty of female body much more than that of the male one (an old actor is more likely to remain sexy than an old actress, in my opinion);
    Yes; each sex has advantages at different ages. Women tend to have the advantage when they are young, men, as they get older. So? I don't see an inequity there at all.
    women have period, labour and osteoporosis.
    Men are subject to more physical violence, more danger, more death at every age. We are subject to forced financing of a woman's 'right to choose' whether we like it or not. SHE get's to choose, whether we want the kid or not, whether we pay for it or not. We go to jail for non payment, even if payment is completely impossible (corporate banker divorces, settlement is based on his income at the time of divorce, loses his job, can find no other job making even half as much, goes to jail because of lack of support; the case can be looked up in New Jersey's newspapers). and it's not as uncommon as you think. Women don't have to have children, so the 'labor' argument is invalid. It's their choice. having a period is inconvenient. But it hurts far less than the arthritis I have now, as told to me by elderly female patients. Why is arthritis more common in younger men than women? Well, the very physical activity that men are more prone to do, as well as the overwhelmingly disparate number of injuries suffered by males as opposed to females on the job, in the military, and in sports.
    And me, I don't find crossdressing to be much fun. It just feels appropriate, so I do it. Just like a teenage girl picks her outfit for school, I pick out what I'm going to wear because it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Is this a real question? As a heterosexual male, women are fantastic. Whatever genetic tweak occurred in my brain that makes me a crossdresser makes me want to emulate what I find beautiful. As a FtM, you could list everything about a woman that you don't like and that list would be the opposite for a crossdresser (except the periods).