Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dating a man

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Thow crossdressing, transgender or gay into the mix makes it really risky.
    I know you don't mean it to be but I think that's a an offensive remark. So because I'm transgender than it's risky for me to meet men online? I was gay before I transitioned and I met lots of guys online. It's really convenient and it's honestly where people meet each other these days.

Maybe it's the average age around here, but there is this pervasive negativity about meeting people online that I just don't get. There was a time when meeting people from the "internet" was unusual but not anymore. I'm a grown person who's seen a thing or two and I am certain that meeting someone online is no different than meeting someone at a park. They're both strangers until you get to know them. There are millions of hookups and friendships and relationships that were facilitated by the internet and every now and then we hear about something awful. The odds are in your favor that everything is gonna be fine.

Life is for living folks. Make a friend, have some fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post

Maybe it's the average age around here,
    HEY! Get off my lawn kid! {
    but there is this pervasive negativity about meeting people online that I just don't get. There was a time when meeting people from the "internet" was unusual but not anymore. I'm a grown person who's seen a thing or two and I am certain that meeting someone online is no different than meeting someone at a park. They're both strangers until you get to know them. There are millions of hookups and friendships and relationships that were facilitated by the internet and every now and then we hear about something awful. The odds are in your favor that everything is gonna be fine.
    I have met so many nice people on line also but I still worry about those who frequent certain sites (cough CL). I am sure it isn't much different than meeting in a bar. No matter where you meet someone, common sense must prevail. Always have an exit plan. (add always have the cell phone set to redial a friend too)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well if you choose to date this man you need to take obvous precautions.

1. Make sure he knows you are TG and there is no misunderstanding

2. Consider what you expect from meeting each other.

3. Always meet in a neutral place and make sure its public too.

4. I would also suggest you see each other on webcam first if possible

There are guidelines in the meeting place for anyone considering meeting anyone from the forum

I suggest you read them at least twice. I know I do when meeting anyone I dont know.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Silver Member
    Wow... soooo little information and so many assumptions.

The one thing I can say is that I agree with BadTranny. Online dating is actually quite cool if you aren't stupid about it. Like her, I was a 'gay man' for a while and met guys online. I didn't have any bad experiences... every guy that passed my 'willing to meet in person' test was pretty cool. Didn't meet any creepers in person and every guy I met was worth a second date. Heck, the first guy I met and dated is now one of my best friends.

Silver Member
    As long as you are upfront about exactly who and what you are prior to the meeting and you are both clear on your expectations, go ahead and date him---my advice to you is the same as it would be to any other TG or GG for that matter---meet in a public venue---gay bar would be my choice-for A drink(just one--dont' want to get smashed on the first date)--that way if you don't like what you see or hear you can back out of anything further---have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I know you don't mean it to be but I think that's a an offensive remark. So because I'm transgender than it's risky for me to meet men online? I was gay before I transitioned and I met lots of guys online. It's really convenient and it's honestly where people meet each other these days.

Maybe it's the average age around here, but there is this pervasive negativity about meeting people online that I just don't get. There was a time when meeting people from the "internet" was unusual but not anymore. I'm a grown person who's seen a thing or two and I am certain that meeting someone online is no different than meeting someone at a park. They're both strangers until you get to know them. There are millions of hookups and friendships and relationships that were facilitated by the internet and every now and then we hear about something awful. The odds are in your favor that everything is gonna be fine.

Life is for living folks. Make a friend, have some fun.
    Totally agree--there is absolutly nothing wrong with meeting folks on line and dating them--I've had some very good lasting relationships with TGs I've met on line for dates---The concern that some of the people here are expressing is for your safety--after the Craigs list murders in Massachusetts, a little caution is a good thing---but that shouldn't stop you from meeting someone who has contacted you via the internet---just be careful until you get to know them personally
    Last edited by Nigella; 08-18-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Recently dated a cross dresser I met on line. It was great. Treated her as a lady and it all worked out fine.

Gold Member
    The biggest risk of meeting someone online and having them want some fancy date is they will flake out ("stand you up" in old terms).
    Yeah there is a chance they are some weirdo and a slimmer chance they are psycho but that can happen anywhere.

Things should be fine as long as the guy actually bothers showing up.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Things should be fine as long as the guy actually bothers showing up.
    I KNOW! The worst thing is getting dolled up to meet some guy that you thought was so sweet and finding a parking space, and buying a drink and waiting and waiting... Texts aren't being answered and calls are going to voicemail.

A week later you get an email apologizing and trying to set up another meeting.

No thanks. Sometimes I think every guy wants to walk on the wild side, but then I realize all they want to do is talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    But you're not a girl, you're a crossdressing male. Male + Male = homosexual aka gay.
    Actually it doesn't have to mean that someone is gay.. it might just mean that someone is curious. A lot of people experiment without having to be labeled as this or that. "gay" addresses sexual preference. One might describe a man having sex with another other man as having had "gay sex"..... but does that necessarily make them "gay"? I always thought of gay as being sexual preference and a lifestyle.... An act does not a lifestyle make.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg