Thread: Curiosity...

Untitled

Curiosity...

... Hope it does not kill this cat

A question that might seem stupid, but I am curious. do FtM have a E-Blocker the same way a MtF has a T-Blocker, or do you just rely on T to repress the E?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Silver Member
    T only. The T overpowers the E.

EDIT: My boyfriend is FTM :P

My understanding of the biochemistry:

The estrogens are principally produced from testosterone (note the true biochemical testosterone, not the general name applied to male steroids) via the enzyme Aromatase, mainly in the ovaries but also in other tissues including the testis and the adrenal gland in genetic males. In genetic males circulating testosterone is bound in cells and converted by the enzyme 5 alpha reductase to di-hydrotestosterone which is far more active in masculinising effects than testosterone. Most of the "T blockers" inhibit 5 alpha reductase and thus both reduce the level of dihydrotestosterone but also increase the available testosterone for aromatase to convert to estrogens.

In genetic females the ovaries are highly efficient at converting testosterone to estrogens and thus the have significantly higher levels of estrogen than testosterone. The level of circulating estrogen to testosterone in the female is approximately 15:1, where as in the male the level of circulating testosterone to estrogens is approximately 5:1.

Now, it is my understanding that 5 alpha reductase is extremely efficient at converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, thus when exogenous (i.e. injected) testosterone is given a large percentage of it is converted to dihydrotestosterone and thus has masculinising effects. Consequently there is no real need to use an estrogen blocker.

I have a curiosity question though. Do FTM individuals have internal gonadal surgery i.e. Ovariectomy (Oopherectomy), hysterectomy or ovariohysterectomy? If so is it done laparoscopically or transvaginally?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Lot of FTM do go ahead and have a hysterectomy and I am not sure how the have it done. If the person has full bottom surgery they are faceing 4-6 total surgery all depends on healing. Bottom surgery is still primitive compared to what they have for MTF. It is easier to recreate then fabricate something new. FTM surgery can leave a lot of scares. It is getting better but I still would not consider doing it. You can find video of the bottom surgery on line.

Hya Nigella was lovely seeing ya both the other night

As far as it goes usually we only have E blockers if one we are young going through transition to delay puberty or when we are older if its necessary to stop other complications like bleeding at certain times of the month or if you have fibroids or other gynological problems....Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!