Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Passing - It's Really BS

It's easy to tell if you pass.

Step one: out yourself

Step two: see what the other person says

I have had a couple of occasions where I kinda had to out myself like when I started seeing a new therapist. I told her all about my life except that I was TS until she asked if there was anything else I thought she should know. I said I'm TS she said wow I never would have known!

I had one more similar experience and that person said basically the same thing.

If you want to know if your voice "passes" just call someone and see if they call you ma'am or sir.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress
    This "passing" BS is really about confidence, attitude and being smart about were we go and who we are with.....
    For many, though, confidence and attitude are directly related to how well they can pass when they're out and about.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

My doll friends, just take a look at the average genetic woman shopping it is disgraceful how many go out.
    All cds are passible dressing conservative and casual, short skirts and the like will attract uneeded attention. Light make up will also look natural bold jewlery is for evening attire.

Passing is "BS" ?

To some, perhaps, but not to me. I don't think I would want to wear women's clothes just to wear them. For me, it's "pretending" to actually be a female. So, in a nutshell, I'm trying to pass.

But, we all have our individual situations and dreams so if anyone has a different take on dressing or passing, that's fine.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Image saying.... focusing your camera is BS to a pro photographer. The ultimate goal for many people who are dressing is to appear authentic. Its not always possible so you might have to be happy at a certain level where you will be accepted and not cause a lot of notice. Your goal could be different though and its okay to be comfortable and not pass if you are only taking snapshots for your own personal scrapbook.
    Chickie

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Then I started realising what this was really about and accepted it. Then it became important for me to go out. That meant that I wanted to 'not be noticed' as being a bloke in women's clothes. That led to the concept of passing and for me it isn't BS! But the pragmatist in me knows that I won't pass all the time... a) I will screw up sometimes and give the game away and b) there will always be somebody who will suss me out, no matter how good I am!
    I share your view Kaz. I know I don't pass but try hard to blend. If I want to go out as I do then I accept that I will be read. Fact of life but never been a problem.

All to do with confidence and attitude.

Michelle (Oz)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    For those who want to 'pass' and try really hard it certainly isn't BS! I spent most of my life not accepting my 'Kaz' side and not trying... I was a bloke who for some reason liked to dress up. Then I started realising what this was really about and accepted it. Then it became important for me to go out. That meant that I wanted to 'not be noticed' as being a bloke in women's clothes. That led to the concept of passing and for me it isn't BS! But the pragmatist in me knows that I won't pass all the time... a) I will screw up sometimes and give the game away and b) there will always be somebody who will suss me out, no matter how good I am!

That's the deal! I worry about it a lot and have periods when I lack confidence (most of the time) but the days when I have the confidence, I do it and it works... WOW!

OK maybe I am lucky, but that luck comes with a lot of practice! And even if I am not fooling anyone at all, if I am accepted, that is all I need and all 'passing' is about in the end.
    I can't add to much to what Kaz said. I reached a point, not that long ago, where I fully accepted myself, grew weary of dressing as a solitary exercise and wanted to be able to go out and experience life as a woman. As a result, I go out nearly every day to do routine things and I often encounter people who know my male presentation. With them, I do not pass, but that doesn't mean I don't value passing as a concept. Certainly, I would like to be entirely undetectable as a guy in women's clothing. But I try also to be a realistic in my expectations. If I can blend in most of the time and ge read occassionally, I'm ok with that too.

Banned Read only
    I would love to get all dolled up, go out, have a great time and BE MISTAKEN FOR A WOMAN!

I don't think that "passing is bs" to most girls, who go to a great deal of trouble to look as feminine, attractive and real as possible. As far as friends and girlfriends are concerned, do most of them want to go out with someone who looks like a truck driver in a dress, and have people laugh at them. Passing is a benchmark which most girls aim for, and passing affirms all the effort, makeup skills and trouble which they have gone to, and who does want to look pretty when they step outside the front door?

But alot of chix need to know as far as Getting along ,,, Its all about Location ,,,Location,,,, Remember that ,, You may not get by at a Sports pub ,, But you will at the Shoe store ,,, Or maybe not at one resturant an will at another ,,At one Bar an not the other ? Its got ALOT to do with Location . Not just Presentation -- Thats important to,,,But keep with the right surroundings . Heyyyyyyyyy jus sayin !!! GEEZ
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When my late wife was alive, she would do my makeup and fix my wig so that I could definitely pass. We used to go out as 2 girls and never had any problems. After she passed away 7 years ago, I decided to forget the makeup and wig and just go out dressed enfemme, but as the male that I am. I have been doing that for 7 years now, and have never had any problems at all. and I do go everywhere dressed enfemme. The one thing that I always do is know where I am and what kind of place it is! You can call it location, or whatever you want but it is very important. And although I love children, I am well aware that they can be problems!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Can I get an "Amen" to the OP? Take a little perspective, people. There are some people who transition as a teenager, fully having SRS before they're 18, and there are still a few things that are not entirely "passable" on them. It is IMPOSSIBLE to simply put on any amount of makeup and clothes and look passable if there are girls who have estrogen in their veins for decades can't do it. Don't delude yourself. Accept yourself for what you are. If you're going to transition, be a trans woman, or as Jenna Talkova said, "a woman with a past." If you're not, just be a "tranny." There's nothing to be ashamed of. And, while it's a nice fantasy to just "pull it off", know it's not all that bad if you don't, so long as you're honest about it. Look at my prior posts with references to "my transsexual summer" for more...