Thread: Just Looking for Someone To Get through this with?

Just Looking for Someone To Get through this with?

Straight off! I'm not not looking for anything other than friendship ~ commoridity ~ understanding ~ acceptance ~ tolerance (If that's too much to ask for?)

I'm six different ways of screwed up. Retired United States Marine Corps ~ Gunnery Sergeant ~ 2X's Marine Drill Instructor ~ Marksmanship Instructor ~ Primary Marksmanship Instructor. Broke me out of the training mode to go to ______________ and ______________________ and _________________

etc. Ad nauseam __________________________

Did the combat thing! Earned, proved and validated my masculity! Time and time again! Got close and personal with trying to find the answers in the bottom of a whiskey bottle!

Just looking for ONE someone to talk with?

Talk away - you're among friends..
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I assume you are talking about crossdressing Dana.
    This is a support forum full of people like you.

Friendship, understanding, acceptance, and tolerance are what this site is all about.
    Sit back and see all the replies you are going to get from lots of nice members here.

SUZY

First, Dana, let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to all of us. I don't know how you feel about the role you took on, but please know that it made a difference to me, to my family, and to a great many people in the United States and around the world.

I don't know that I am the person you are looking for to talk with, mostly because I'm not good at reliably holding up my end of the conversation and believe that you deserve contact with someone better and more reliable than I am.

The fact that you are here means that you are in the right place to find people who understand. We have plenty of current and former military here, probably all branches and all ranks.

But beyond that, we have a caring community of really nice people who have been through it all and who understand.

Some of what we experience is pretty confusing and very likely to knock anyone's world a bit off balance. But please do not mistake confusion for being "screwed up."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

thing about this place. you can say something and someone will listen. 99% of the time friendly. so say as much as you feel like, and we will listen.

Average Young Man
    In my opinion, someone without problems isn't worth my time. Hardships build character and teach moral lessons... No matter how much it hurts, everything happens for a reason. Every single action you've taken, word you've said, and move you've made have gotten you exactly where you're sitting right now.
    We're glad to have ya on here.
    Talk away, people are listening.
    The name's Adam. 19 year old FtM in Philly USA. Looking for friends and confidence.[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I used to think I was screwed up and weird but not no more! I also did many macho male activities in my life, no time in the military though. Now its time to have a little fun in our lives and be who we should be.

Dana, i think alot of girls on this forum went through the same problems. I for one did. Tried to kill myself with booze to quench my crossdressing. drank 2 fifths of vodka a day, then went out to get drunk. Booze and crossdressing dont mix. was obnoxious always looking for fights, to PROVE my self. My acceptance was that I was born this way, A Gift. try to slow down and rationalize, i know it easier said than done. Hope and wish You the best. Luv Roberta

I can identify with how you feel as I have been to ALMOST the same place(s) as you. The bottle will not and I mean WILL NOT help you, if anything it will make it worse and maybe kill you. What I have learned in all my years on this earth is that WE ARE ALL WIRED JUST A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT, I have accepted this part and actually embraced it. I am not ashamed of who I am, I don't go out and scream at anybody or everybody "HEY, LOOK AT ME I'M A CROSSDRESSER". I just do what makes me feel comfortable. There is nothing wrong with what we do with the exception of hurting someone physically or ourselves. DON'T FEEL THAT YOU ARE A FREAK OR CRAZY, BECAUSE YOUR NOT!!!!!!!
    I have a female persona that I hold VERY dear, I like to wear female clothing because of the feel, the texture, the colors, the style and how it makes me feel.
    Feel free to e-mail me any time to "unload", I'm no "shrink" but maybe , just maybe not only me but all of us here on the forum may be able to shed some light as to how you feel and where you want to go.

Regards always; Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Semper Fi, Gunny. Welcome, Dana. You have found a place to come to when you need to talk, rant, rave, ask questions, share your happenings.
    Take care.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hey dana,
    I feel for you. I know what its like to feel afu inside. Even though we come from all walks of life from all over the world, we are all basically the same. Just trying to find our way. Your not alone. Keep talking, keep asking questions. Your half way there just by reaching out to us.
    This s__t aint goin away so might as well put on a dress and scream "ftw, I love being a girl!"

Platinum Member
    Hi Dana, Just remember that when you are here you are home .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Welcome to the fourm Gunny and thank you for your service. Know that Jack Daniels and his pet Wild Turkey will lie to you from the start. You will only find the answers you seek within yourself not at the bottom of a whisky bottle.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I think that many of us found ways to validate our masculinity. Don't most men in one way or another? Some of us are just more extreme than others. "To thine own self be true", find your true self, join in with the thread communications while doing it.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Thank for your service - there are a few current and former military here perhaps they can be there to listen and share

There are sixteen other volunteers here and we all wish to assist you.
    Please read the replies and ask away.
    Some of us have had similar experiences to you as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Dana, Welcome to this forum where you'll be given the utmost respect, friendship, and non judgemental feedback from the collective sisterhood. As a navy veteran I can understand the mixed emotions you must be having after proving your manhood in military service, but don't worry there are many military veterans on this forum and many more who dress and are not on this forum. You will always be among friends here and you can say or ask almost anything and someone will have an answer or suggestion. Perhaps by searching past threads you'll see something you can relate to, to put you more at ease. Let me just say, there's nothing to be ashamed of because of urges you might be having. As a proud marine, you can also be proud that you have found the true person which has been lurking inside you. We're all here for you.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    Hi Dana
    First of all, welcome home.
    Secondly, welcome to the forum.
    I'm an ex Marine too and served in Vietnam.
    My e-mail address is on my profile. You can also send me a private message if you prefer that.
    Anything and everything you'd like to talk about, I'm here for you. Lose that bottle, Marine. No answers in there.
    Shari
    Last edited by Shari; 08-20-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    First off welcome this is the right place for love and acceptance.
    Second ditch the bottle it is of no help Gunny and it will make life worse I've been there too.
    Tried the masculinity proving thing too by doing 3 combat tours.I consider my self extremely lucky to be alive.
    You have friends here and can ask anything you like and we will not judge you at all.
    My PM box is always open if you want to get anything off your chest,sometimes its good to unload guilt to a receptive ear.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Dana, thanks for serving our country. We appreciate your service.

Hang around here, and you will learn a lot about yourself.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Dana, what you are looking for is here in more quantity than you can imagine, and you will rapidly come to appreciate it.Before I realized i am a crossdresser, at 65, just one year ago, I only knew that whatever I was going to do, I was giving it 100 percent or more. I suppose I did things that could be interpreted as proving masculinity, but it really was just doing my job to the best of my ability. I sense you might be the same, and for that I thank you. Don't know if you were proving it, or just doing what you could to your best. i think the latter.

What we do does produce immense insecurity and angst. Leave the bottle for the keyboard. You will find way more than one to talk with here. Jump in and chat with everyone, and above all get to the have fun station.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I think you will find that the more people in this forum you talk to and get to know ,the more you'll come to realize that we are all in the same boat, I am ex military myself altough not as hard core as you and have found it a great therapy to share anything with the people on this site. Welcome and the best of luck finding yourself.

Dana,I think most of us have been right were you may be. You're not crazy. Please vent here. Our group is comprised of individuals who I know can offer you support, our life experience, our advice, perspective. I am sure we have other Marines, I know we have police officers, firemen, soldiers, construction workers, from every walk of life, including every masculine walk. Your masculine side is very real as real as your feminine side. It's ok, the two sides can co-exist. Let us know what's going on. Put away your Drill Sgt. cover, leave your panties be. Fix a cup of soothing tea, leave the whiskey alone for awhile. Put on some soft music, instrumental, no singer, just the soft music. Pull up a chair and talk to us, honestly, frankly, no punches. It's going to be ok. You're worth the fight, so please my dear, give it one more try. One more time?

Cassie

I will sound like a Drill Sergeant if it makes you feel at home. WELL TALK GUNNY TALK.........DO YOU FIND YOUR SELF IN PINK ANCKLET SOCKS AND WHITE PLATFORM PUMPS!!!!!!!!!! DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY. JUST DONT SCUFF YOUR PLEASER PLATFORMS WHILE DOING IT DAMIT!!!!!!!!!!. AND KEEP YOUR MINI SKIRT OFF THE GROUND!!!! and yes I will be your friend. I like emails too.