Quote Originally Posted by hisboo View Post
Thanks Brandy for the encouragement!

I disagree with this though:

If fishing were important to him, I would go with him, to support him even if I hated it. I would do the same for any of my friends. Not all the time, but at least enough to show that I care enough about them to at least give it a try. I feel the same about CD. Even if I don't like it, I should be able and willing to be around him. No, not all the time, and if there is something that I find seriously disturbing, then no I would not want to partake in that, but as long as it is what I've seen thus far from him, we should be ok doing it together. Just want to make sure that i still get to date the MAN that I began dating. I'm not a lesbian, and I have girl friends that I spend time with. When we are together I'd prefer he be the man because that's the premise I entered this relationship under.
You are right Hisboo. Even I do things for and with my SO that I don't really want to do. What I meant, or was thinking, was on a constant basis with nothing given back to make you happy. I've seen to many women become doormats to a man's wishes and hate every minute of it, but to keep peace or thinking the guy will love them more, they constantly do things for him and he rarely does for her and shows no appreciation for her involvement. In fact, he begins to respect her less for doing what she thinks will make him happy. So my response was a knee jerk reaction based on how I was thinking about one GG friend in particular. I sense you are smarter then to allow that to happen.
I really like your attitude.