Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you had moments where women envy how you look or a dress your wearing?

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar

Have you had moments where women envy how you look or a dress your wearing?

I've had alot of moments when i've been out and women admire how beautiful my dresses are, i've even had women come up and ask where i bought my dress or skirt. Sometimes too, women have just stared at me admiring how feminine i am, wearing more feminine clothes than them. its almost like they are intimidated, but still in awe of me.
    i went to a ball in sydney last month and i was in a long flowing pink chiffon gown. the looks i got from the women there were very uplifting. i even danced with 2 women, who were in pretty gowns too, they made me feel like one of them. it was a very feminine moment swishing and twirling in my gown.
    women can be very envious of us, especially if we are in elegant dresses, gowns or skirts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Last halloween we had a party. One of the female guests asked me to go change because as she said, "It's just not right that the prettiest woman in the house is a man!"
    I did not change.

Last Halloween, i was wearing a black leather mini, with 3" heels, and i had one woman told me that i wear that skirt better than she could have in her youth, had several told me that i walk better in heels than they could, and was so surprise i could walk so much like a lady, Hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I have had quite a few women at the gym say, "I wish I had your legs/butt...what do you do?"...I don't know if they mean it sarcastically, or not. Sometime people think I'm a woman even though I'm not trying to present myself as such.

They don't say much about my clothes but I've had GGs tell me that I have a better figure than they do. Go figure huh?
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I have had women say I walk better than them in heels. And a lady at the thift store...I think felt a few pangs of jealous rage--as she was about three dress sizes bigger than me. If its a bit stretchy--sometimes I can wear a size 8.

I've had some women stare daggers at me while I shopped at Lane Bryant all dolled-up a couple times. Not my fault they were dressed like slobs, tho...

Hi,

& this is a woman talking,

i do get nice comments on the way i dress, yet i know & so my friends i dont even think to try & upstage them .
    Im not feminine enough to even wont to dress as many i know they have the body well im a pretty close to them the heels yes no probs there, as to hair they all know about that, none.

what i dont have is the female facial features to go with any thing i would even wear in reguard to feminine wear.
    I know it would look so wrong on me id look out of place, & have no doughts iv felt out of place a number of times & thought i cant pull this off
    Its just a fact of life for myself , just im prepared to actknowlage that fact, hey, some of us have the look to go with those clothes you can wear , i know i dont,

So because i make my own i do them in a way that says they are lovely just not feminine , even as a woman i know what suits & looks right for me , & no i dont get jelouse . i just think if one can wear those clothes gowns then thats neat.

& really when all said & done im more at home behind the camara,

...noeleena...

PFG, unless a woman is a teenager fighting with another teenager over a boyfriend, she will generally not be jealous of another woman's clothes. You can get great stuff either online or in retail stores on sale fairly inexpensively, and there is way more than enough available for everyone, and then some.

The act of a woman who tells another how nice is her dress/purse/shoes/jewelry/hair/how-skinny-she-is/etc, is a form of establishing a social bond in much the same way that apes groom each other. I believe the term for this is social altruism. We are groomed since birth to be gracious, to be nice, especially in social environments. We actually WANT everyone to get along. Trust me, if a woman was jealous, you'd feel the chill clear through to your bones.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowingGown View Post
    women can be very envious of us, especially if we are in elegant dresses, gowns or skirts.
    It's got nothing to do with envy, unless the woman feels there is a danger that you will interest her husband. And even then, she'd be jealous of your facial features or your body and not your clothes, since clothes are rather plentiful and easily obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaJanelle1964 View Post
    I've had some women stare daggers at me while I shopped at Lane Bryant all dolled-up a couple times. Not my fault they were dressed like slobs, tho...
    I don't think they were staring at you because they were jealous. As sad as this is, they likely disapprove of CDers. Or, maybe you thought you detected daggers in their eyes when they might have just been curious about you.
    Reine

Believing a woman is in awe of me or what I wear is like wishful thinking.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The girls that encouraged me to dress when I was 20 did it because they admired how I looked.
    I could look hot then. I don't look so hot now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was in the mall shopping with a cd sister and my wife. I was wearing a denim skirt, pink tank top and a crocheted overlay over the tank.
    As we walked along a lady stopped me and asked me if I had made the overlay. I told her no and told her where I had bought it. She commented on how lovely it looked on me. I thanked her and was on cloud 9 all day long.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

"PFG, unless a woman is a teenager fighting with another teenager over a boyfriend, she will generally not be jealous of another woman's clothes. You can get great stuff either online or in retail stores on sale fairly inexpensively, and there is way more than enough available for everyone, and then some."

Not so sure about that one, Reine...

Sometimes stylish, good quality clothes in our size range can be hard to come by. I happen to be particularly fond of Nygard clothes as they suit my dressing style, wear well, and for some reason, they way they are cut works well with my body shape. I find that they are generally form-fitting without being overly tight, and give the illusion of a womanly figure without the need for additional padding.

Evidently, so do many GG's, as whenever the new styles for the coming season start to appear in the stores, the more attractive and eye-catching ones seem to go like hotcakes. I make it a habit to never pay full price for anything, and am always on the lookout for discounts and additional markdowns. Clearance sales are my friend. But sometimes when it comes to Nygard clothes, I have to make an exception, because if I wait too long for a particularly fetching item to go on sale, it is gone before I can act.

I guess the upside to all this is that I must have a pretty good eye for fashion, because I seem to have a knack for zeroing in on a winner. I've also been complimented on numerous occasions by GG's on the outfits that I am wearing when out en femme, as well as the accessories that I have chosen to go with them.

And to your point, Reine, these compliments always seem to be sincere and made in woman-to-woman fashion without a any hint of jealousy - just admiration for a look well put together.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Believing a woman is in awe of me or what I wear is like wishful thinking.....
    Quoted for truth.

Read Reine's post again. We compliment each other on our clothing, hair, nails, all the time. It has NOTHING to do with envy or jealousy. It' a social convention. Learn to do the same.

Stephie

Only once. I was walking back to our Virginia apartment when my neighbor and her mother passed by. She introduced my to her mother, then said she wished she could look as good. I was so embarrassed I didn't know what to say. Annie is a striking woman, and I'm sure she was just being very polite. I'm sure that won't happen again! Annie and her husband have since moved and her mother now lives in the apartment. We've had several pleasant conversations since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    I do not believe women are envious or intimidated by us crossdressers. Perhaps we are a curiosity when dressed and as women are generally more kind then men, will make a positive comment to help us. While a woman may like your dress, I'm willing to bet that no woman has ever said to her friend,"Boy, I wish I looked like him." Being feminine is more than wearing a dress.

Wink Have you had moments where women envy how you look or a dress your wearing?

From a woman in my apartment building. I was wearing a skirt, blouse, 1 1/2 inch open toe sandals, makeup and my hair had been permed in a female style a few weeks before. Was walking to my car as she had just exited her car walking back to the apartment building. She said "You look better than I do, and it pi**es me off!" I said "thanks, was trying to look presentable for a meeting I am going". Then she said "have a good evening" and that was the end of the conversation. A week later I was down in the apartment building lobby getting my mail. Had on jeans and a woman's top and no make up and flat open toe sandals. She said almost the same comment to me as the week before. She wears mostly black pants and top or dark blue clothes. Have never seen her in a skirt/top or a dress or high heel shoes. Then another week later was walking from my car to the apartment building wearing jean Capri pants and a woman's top, pink trim tennis shoes, she was walking to her car and she commented "there your looking better than I again, you should cut that out". I think she is being friendly rather than sarcastic.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ok, being complimented makes us feel terrific, especially since we are working so hard at the "illusion". My wife is envious of my legs and they way I walk in heels, BUT let me tell you that my envy of her has a list a mile long!!!

Reine is completely correct, and until we realize how women think about this aspect of socialization and act accordingly, we really haven't progressed as far as we might like/think. Last night my wife came in the house after my transformation and said, "what's new, Tina"? Tina responded, "I really need to be ready for that question as you always ask that immediately." My wife responded, "Any girlfriend will ask that right away...just normal conversation".

We have a lot to learn about being girls. After all, girls get to practice all their lives!

GG's have said kind things. I've always been complimented on my naturally long eyelashes, and the first time I showed my best GG friend a set of makeover photos she exclaimed 'F-k, you're better at looking like a woman than I am.' But like I told her, if I woke up tomorrow looking just like her, without makeup, I'd be ecstatic. (i'd have some explaining to do, mind).

To those of you who've been told, "You look better than I do" by GGs, please know this is just the same as saying "you look nice", even if it is followed by "I'm so jealous".

It's the way we talk to each other and it's meant as a compliment.

Also, I think that telling a CDer "You look better than I do" is rather condescending. It emphasizes the difference between the GG and the CDer. Women don't go around telling each other they look "better" than they do, it's just not done.
    Reine

Silver Member
    Oddly, I have only had women envy my male footwear or clothing when I was dressed as a male. The complaint or compliment used to be "I wish women had shoes or clothes like you men". If a woman said she was envious of a dress I was wearing I would know she was not wearing her contacts and had very poor vision.

Aspiring Member
    I have had women say they envy my clothes, may arms, my legs, my poise, but ALWAYS this has been humour. In a hotel, one of the staff said "You have better legs than me - bitch" But still a joke. I would be very surprised if any woman really envied us. They know more than we do about what it really takes to be a woman, and it is not a dress or elegant legs.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Back when my late wife was still alive, and doing my makeup and fixing my wig, she could make me look totally feminine! I really was Stephanie to the public and frequently got complimented by GG's. But I don't remember ever being told "you look better than I do!" As Reine said, that is condescending, and just not done!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

sometimes it is the bra or panties that I wear and they say mine are better then theirs
    some have told me my eye lashes are longer then theirs or my hips look like they belong on a girl instead of me
    ex wife told others that I look better in dresses then she did

I just smile and say softly thank you
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    ...and again for even more truthiness.

I'm not even a GG and I'm certainly not jealous or envious of any CD I have ever met and I have met some pretty ones.

Women say stuff like this because it's fun and they want to compliment you. What would you prefer they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com