Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first ever "pass"

Johanna, I am happy for you sweety, it is not often that most of us get the chance to pass, even in the smallest way. I know these moments are what brings a little bit of sunshine into our days in an otherwise seemingly gloomy world for most CDs, and TGs. Keep it up sweety!

MUAH!!!

Sarah-Ann
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-06-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Removed comment that addressed an abusive post that has been deleted.
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

http://sarahanntg.blogspot.com/

Giovanni,

There are plenty of other bars in Leics. that are MUCH more trans friendly, that also don't blare ridiculously bad karaoke at all hours... although having previously lived in Leicester I'm not unconvinced that was less about being trans and more about just being at the bar when some drunk bloke wanted to be standing where you are.

Your best bet are probably places like Quebec (GLBT club), or one of the artsy places on London Road, like the Lansdowne... have the sweet potato fries and a toblerone martini for me there, will ya? There are a couple of Wetherspoons around, like The Last Plantagenet, and a big chain like that will definitely have PQ policies.

Also: while you're living in Leicester, DO NOT MISS going up to Belgrave Road for an Indian buffet! There are some absolutely amazing places there!

Babs, I do know some of them, like The Dover Castle, Rainbow and Dove, Helsinki and Sloanes. Apparently most places around Hotel St are rough, just like the Market Tavern where I was attacked. I had it confirmed this was a hate crime as a friend of the attacker approached me in the street last Sunday and told me his mate was now in trouble as I made a police matter out of it. This person also told me his mate "wacked you because you're a ****ing bender" as it were. This person's mate have been showed the CCTV footage by the police. He also mentioned that he did not agree with his mate attacking me. I think this clears it all up and that they got their man.

I did not know about the Quebec, so I'll check it out. The Last Plantagenet is kinda OK to be a Weatherspoon pub - most of them just reminds me too much of McDonald's and IKEA. Cheap and cheerful...

And then Belgrave Rd, I've been there for Curry and I also bought myself a saree there. Ah, and the Lansdowne, I walked by last nite - I'll
    keep that one in mind next time.

Hugs
    /Giovanna
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-07-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Offensive word deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    The fact you refuse to stop going to a place where you have been harassed and physically assaulted is a radically bigger problem than which restroom you should use.

Vickie - I am permanently banned from the venue where I was assaulted.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...n/108921749037

/Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by johanna.kitten View Post
    Vickie - I am permanently banned from the venue where I was assaulted.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...n/108921749037
    I would have to guess then, that the owner or manager of the venue determined that you had somehow provoked the assault. Businesses don't usually ban paying customers with no reason.

You really need to look at yourself and try to figure out why all this drama seems to follow you wherever you go. It's not normal and it can't always be everyone else's fault.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

It has been suggested to me that I was banned for my own safety - which kinda makes sense.

Also, would it not be better for their take to ban me, a newcomer in town, rather than a local regular which will have to elsewhere along with his 12 best mates?

This is cut out from an email from the police: "Unfortunately, due to laws under the data protection act I am not allowed to show you the CCTV footage. It clearly shows you being assaulted, not being aggressive, but being knocked to the floor."

Hugs
    /Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just remember to stay out of Italy, where using a noble title without the proper lineage is illegal.

OK, I'll think of that next time. I'm there quite frequently as I'm visiting the Lamborghini factory every little now and then. Also got a few former SOs out there.

Hugs
    /Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]