Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the precipice... shave my legs??

When you discuss this with your wife, you could maybe talk about setting in place some sort of hair cycle. My SO shaves fall and winter, and grows it spring and summer. Other CDs with wives shave a week a month. If you talk to your wife about what any concerns might be (stubble burns, prickly in bed, feeling that it's too permanent looking) and come with some compromises already thought out, and truly listen to her side, it might be an easier conversation.

I'd say that you should go for it, but do mention it to your wife first. Women sometimes have rather inexplicable feelings about their SO's body hair and she deserves some warning that things are changing. When I sugared I moved a bit too fast and it upset my wife, but she's used to me now and enjoys me being smooth.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Leg-shaving season for me used to run from Halloween thru Mardi Gras. But lots of women wear slacks or long skirts in winter, and opaque hosiery is commonly seen in winter so there is less fashion-pressure for smooth legs.

Bare leg season for women runs from late winter thru mid-autumn and I finally gave myself permission to do my leg-shaving during warm weather.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Fall is a safe time to try it if you're still on the fence. You won't be wearing shorts as much. The hair grows back pretty quick if you change your mind but I think you'll find most people won't notice or care....and you've got the cycling alibi - especially if you look "fit".

In fact, I'd say shave you're legs in the fall (while it's safer) and use it as an excuse to stay in shape so you can keep them that way
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

If (and only if) it's OK with your wife, then go for it. Nobody else will care.

In my opininon, all you need is a good excuse to do it once. After that, just say "I ddi it because of this or that, and it just feels so much nicer, you should try it"

I too, only did it with the idea that I could claim cycling "chic" but these days if anyone asks, ( they don't ) I'm just gonna say "I like it this way, it feels great!"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Mountain Lass
    None of you has mentioned sex!

Having intercourse with a spouse with smooth legs is seriously spooky. Also the aesthetics. All those horrible burns and cuts and pus-filled zits!! The revolting large pores, tinged with purple and red. Of course, you don't notice! Why would you??

Perhaps you have evolved some sexual position other than the missionary where you do not have to touch your partner with your legs? Do tell! Or are you just giving up sex? GGs are funny about this. Better check....

And the growing back, and the old 'lizard' skin on show because you can't be bothered to exfoliate and look after your skin??

If you want a sex-life all of this is up for discussion BEFOREHAND!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allsteamedup View Post

Having intercourse with a spouse with smooth legs is seriously spooky. Also the aesthetics. All those horrible burns and cuts and pus-filled zits!! The revolting large pores, tinged with purple and red. Of course, you don't notice! .... And the growing back, and the old 'lizard' skin on show because you can't be bothered to exfoliate and look after your skin??...!
    I'm rather frightened by the images you've created. What in the world kind of razor is yelding horrible burns, cuts and pus-filled zits, revolting purple and red pores, etc?

I've shaved my legs for more than a decade and never seen anything of the sort! And my wife prefers my smooth legs, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Allsteamedup View Post

Having intercourse with a spouse with smooth legs is seriously spooky. Also the aesthetics. All those horrible burns and cuts and pus-filled zits!! The revolting large pores, tinged with purple and red. Of course, you don't notice! Why would you??

Perhaps you have evolved some sexual position other than the missionary where you do not have to touch your partner with your legs? Do tell! Or are you just giving up sex? GGs are funny about this. Better check....

And the growing back, and the old 'lizard' skin on show because you can't be bothered to exfoliate and look after your skin??

If you want a sex-life all of this is up for discussion BEFOREHAND!
    yes very funny but true. Some girls really get turned off my having sex with a guy who has his whole legs shaved. Maybe its an unfamiliar feeling to them?

I guess it all comes down to your spouse for approval. My wife tried to encourage me to keep them shaved through the summer, but we were around alot of folks close up this summer so I just kept them trimmed. But over the weekend I have committed to keeping them shaved for a while. My wife doesn't seem to bother her as much. I've been running this week were I work, and getting more comfortable as I walk by people I don't know.

Platinum Member
    Hi Marina, Git yourself an Eppilator and trim the hair to about a quarter inch then eppilate the hair out .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It's easy enough to say that you should not be concerned about what others may say or think; if the reality is that you do care this is an issue. Your situation is so familiar to me; I went through all the same rationalizations; all the same explanations that I would offer if asked. In the end I just did it and have no regrets; smooth legs and sheer stockings are simply exquisite and you will not be disappointed. It's a good time of year, too, as shorts are almost out of season.

Quote Originally Posted by KristyN View Post
    yes very funny but true. Some girls really get turned off my having sex with a guy who has his whole legs shaved. Maybe its an unfamiliar feeling to them?
    The first time with my SO, I think she was a bit miffed that my legs were smoother, but she seemed OK with it otherwise. I note she shaves more frequently now. She seems to like running her hands over my shaved areas. ( and i love it! )
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Just do it, with your wife's consent of course.

From personal experience, no one has said anything about it to me and I try to stay smooth from the ears down. Nor has anyone mentioned the varnished toe-nails or pink stones in the ear-studs that I wear all the time when out in male mode.

That is not to say that nobody mentions it to others once I am not present, but that is fine by me.

On occasion, when my wife has realised while out, to her horror that her own legs are in need of a shave, she has openly said that she should have done it when I did mine. Also, if hairy male bodies is a topic of conversation with her friends, she will always say that my body is naturally hirsute and that she encourages and help me to keep it smooth. Nobody questions the motives behind having a smooth body.

As for the sex, my wife admitted that I was the first hirsute guy she had been attracted to - something to do with my tight jeans she said. Now she seems to prefer the smoother feel, as long as there is no stubble!
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 08-28-2012 at 03:58 AM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    You mentioned that you are a bicycle rider. Why don't you join a race or something? It would be taking the sport to the next level.

Sport massages will work, specially if you need to get kinesiologic sport tape:

You can say that your leg is so hairy that it won't stick

I have had shaved legs and arms all summer long, have been wearing shorts and tee shirts regularly and have never had a bad experiene or word from anyone. i say go for it. It definately adds to the morning routine, but well worth the effort i think.
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

I don't think it is big deal anymore. Before i started crossdressing don't think I ever looked at a mans legs. I seem to do it now. Some are too hairy and some are either shaven or have little hair. Persnaly have been shaven or epillated over a year and 8 months. Not a wise crack or question yet. My opion is go for it.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm rather frightened by the images you've created. What in the world kind of razor is yelding horrible burns, cuts and pus-filled zits, revolting purple and red pores, etc?

I've shaved my legs for more than a decade and never seen anything of the sort! And my wife prefers my smooth legs, thank you!
    I'm quite used to the feeling of smooth legs. It was a different feeling at first, but knowing how important it was to my spouse, I dealt with the different feeling and now I'm completely fine with it. We have had no issues with zits, burns or cuts, and it certainly hasn't affected our intimacy.

I do agree, though, with the warning to make sure your wife is completely on board and ready for you to do this. The hair will grow back if she decides she can't handle it, and with fall approaching, I don't see how any of your family members will see it. If they do comment, either the cycle comment will help, or (with your wife's consent) give a little wink and say that "she likes it", nudge nudge nudge. That should shut them up.

Is your wife on the forum? This is a great place for her to communicate with other spouses.

After a long tremendous discussion we agreed to try this leg shaving thing.

My wife helped me shave my legs and she LOVED the transformation.

She looked at my legs the other day and told me how relieved she was that she didn't have a harry ape around the house.

My kids, both 18 and 14 respectively, haven't said a word nor has anyone in public.

Only a close colleague noticed and directly asked if I shaved my legs. I told him "yeah" I do it all the time in South Florida. Keeps me dry and makes it easy to cool off.

I don't think people link leg shaving to crossdressers right away at any level. My experience is they just don't care.

Oh, and girl, you will love the way you feel and never go back to drab. STOCKINGS FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. But your legs will fell so good you may not want any stockings at all!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Unless you are really hairy it is hard to believe anyone would notice unless they were sitting looking at half grown out stubble.

I have already lost a lot of lower leg hair to long time athletic taping but no one has ever noticed and my wife doesn't care. Actually I was the first to go smoothie at the mid body level and she soon followed my lead down/up there.

It is certainly cooler for sport activity and less messy for Sunscreen, good excuses if you need justification, Just Do It!

Silver Member
    End of summer, no more shorts for months. Now is the perfect time to do it. Enjoy the experience.

I say just do it, with or without anyone else's permission. It's your hair, does your wife ask your permission when she shaves? I think not! And here's your answer to anyone who questions it.....I LIKE THE WAY IT FEELS. When my daughter questioned my arm shaving, I told her “it was very European and I like it”. Nothing more was ever said. No one has ever said anything, when I walk along the beach with red toe nails.
    I have a hard time understanding why “we” feel we have to ask permission. When I wanted to get my ears pierced the first time, I told my wife I wanted to have it done, she told me why she thought I shouldn't (cuz everyone would know I dressed), I did it anyway. And guess what? Very few said anything about them, it wasn't an announcement that I dressed en femme, and after a couple months, the wife like the way they looked. So a year later I got another set of holes. I posted a while back that I have had more positive comments about my earrings then negative (none).
    What things do you do that you don't ask permission, buy a new set of clubs or shave your head? What things does she do without asking your permission, change her hair color or buy another pair of shoes? If she threaten you with divorce -whether she knows you dress or not, because you shaved your legs, or pierced your ears, or got a tattoo, you have some serious problems and need some counseling, like now.
    Most people mistakenly believe that society cares what they look like or what they wear. I believe that “they” don’t notice, and those that do, don’t care enough to say anything about it. Again, I say if you want to shave your legs, or your entire body for that matter, JUST DO IT. Don’t worry about trying to explain it to anyone – it feels nice. It feels really, really nice!!