My SO is supportive, or rather quietly accepting, but does not encourage. She understands it exists, and is OK to allow me some 'private time', but worries incessantly that I might be found out by others, which would hurt us both, and perhaps our kids.

That said, I was noticing recently how many men in our acquaintance shave their legs. Many have so little hair they appear shaved, but many who either are into cycling, or triathlons seem to shave their legs and just walk around with no one making a comment, just assuming its part of their exercise/sport acheivement regimen.

I don't have overly hairy legs, and I would love to experience the feeling of shaved legs. I could probably get away with shaving amongst my male friends, because I do a bit of cycling, and I could just say its part of that. But my family, in-laws, and my kids would certainly notice the change, and would comment on it. It might be more difficult to explain to them, since they know I'm not a pro cyclist, or anything. I might have to retreat to the unspoken, assumed explanation of "I just wanted to feel the smoothness of shaved legs", which is closer to the truth than I want to get with them.

What do you think? Am I just obsessing about this because it's Fall and the Pink Fog is about? If I value secrecy that much (I do) is this a crazy risk? Or will no one care?