Thread: Caught shopping?... No Way!!!

Caught shopping?... No Way!!!

So normally I have no problem going straight to a women's clothing department, and finding the perfect bra, or panties, or outfit for me, something to make me feel dazzling, and beautiful, however the women's self care section has always daunted me. I have gone there several times for lotions, nail polishes, hair care, body washes etc... the good stuff ya know? Today I ventured in there looking for some Veet, as shaving 3 times a week is beginning to irk me. I don't NEED to shave 3 times a week, I want to, I like being smooth So anywho, I am standing there in drab, jean shorts, and plain T shirt, staring at the Veet/Nair/ other hair removal products, trying to decide which of this assortment is the right one for me, noting some are for shower, some are not, some are wax, some are gels, some are lotions, some spray little aliens out of the bottle that walk along your leg with a scythe and whack your hair off. You get the point... As I have my hand on one of the options, reading the back of the bottle, to make sure this won't painfully melt my skin away, I notice a woman, probably mid 40s or so, about 8 feet from me in the same aisle looking towards me. Not directly leering, more of a curious glance. I look over and our eyes meet, she looked down to my legs, obviously smooth, and shiny, half smiled to herself and looked back at the shelf. I thought nothing of this, maybe she was admiring my legs, who knows. I continued perusing through the bottles of hair acid as I noticed she had taken a few steps closer to me, I assumed still making her own selection, when she reached in front of me, turning a bottle of Nair ( with cucumber for smoothing, and a new fresh scent), and tapping it a couple times as if to suggest that I purchase that bottle. I turned to look at her again, but she had begun to walk away, as she rounded the end of the aisle, she turned back to make sure I had picked the bottle she pointed out, ( I had), and half smiled again and walked away.

The point of the story: Why can't all GGs be this danged helpful!

Sarah
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

http://sarahanntg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-Ann View Post
    So normally I have no problem going straight to a women's clothing department, and finding the perfect bra, or panties, or outfit for me, something to make me feel dazzling, and beautiful, however the women's self care section has always daunted me. I have gone there several times for lotions, nail polishes, hair care, body washes etc... the good stuff ya know? Today I ventured in there looking for some Veet, as shaving 3 times a week is beginning to irk me. I don't NEED to shave 3 times a week, I want to, I like being smooth So anywho, I am standing there in drab, jean shorts, and plain T shirt, staring at the Veet/Nair/ other hair removal products, trying to decide which of this assortment is the right one for me, noting some are for shower, some are not, some are wax, some are gels, some are lotions, some spray little aliens out of the bottle that walk along your leg with a scythe and whack your hair off. You get the point... As I have my hand on one of the options, reading the back of the bottle, to make sure this won't painfully melt my skin away, I notice a woman, probably mid 40s or so, about 8 feet from me in the same aisle looking towards me. Not directly leering, more of a curious glance. I look over and our eyes meet, she looked down to my legs, obviously smooth, and shiny, half smiled to herself and looked back at the shelf. I thought nothing of this, maybe she was admiring my legs, who knows. I continued perusing through the bottles of hair acid as I noticed she had taken a few steps closer to me, I assumed still making her own selection, when she reached in front of me, turning a bottle of Nair ( with cucumber for smoothing, and a new fresh scent), and tapping it a couple times as if to suggest that I purchase that bottle. I turned to look at her again, but she had begun to walk away, as she rounded the end of the aisle, she turned back to make sure I had picked the bottle she pointed out, ( I had), and half smiled again and walked away.

The point of the story: Why can't all GGs be this danged helpful!

Sarah
    Are you sure she was a GG?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Actually, Sarah, if you give them a chance many GG's will be very helpful! Over my many years of being a CD I have found that to be very true!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

That's a funny story!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Things like this always make it fun.Nice lady huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Are you sure she was a GG?
    You are right! I made the assumption. If she wasn't, she was 100% passable, as I didn't have a hint that she wasn't.

Stephanie, you are right. I have had the pleasure of meeting several GGs who were more than helpful, and of course the same amount who gave me the " you are a disgusting human being" look as well. pffft.

Tracii, you are so right! I should have gotten her number so I could call her when I go shopping to come shopping with me lol.
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

Love your story! She knows, so take her advice! Thanks for sharing!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My wife once said to me, "if you shave your legs you will never be able to stop"... the other thing she does is swear about having to remove it, the cost, bla bla bla... if there is one thing every woman knows about, its what works and doesn't for hair removal... if you are looking at the products, and a woman is near... she is going to be shocked that you don't ask her advice. This one was just itching to lend a hand... they don't really care why you do it...they just know, they like it too!
    Chickie

Standing amongst the feminine hygiene items is like handling bras in the lingerie section.
    You are better off going dressed.
    Dressed in drab, "You are the deer in the headlights".
    In Australia......."You are the kangaroo in the headlights." They cause as much damage as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good story, but have you tried it yet, does it work well?

Yeah, really! Love the story, but did it work? Are you happy with the results? Inquiring minds need to know!

Perhaps she pointed that bottle out because she knows it will melt your skin off!

Platinum Member
    Wasn't that nice of her. That kind lady was being helpful. Too bad you didn't have the chance to say thank you.

I actually did try the product tonight. I had a bad experience with NAIR in the past, and was reluctant about using it again, but I thought as long as I do what the directions say this time, I shouldn't be jumping around the bathroom, wailing like a banshee and smacking myself fin the groin. So I read the directions, applied as required, waited the allotted time, and removed with a damp cloth, and watched the hair peel away. At the first wipe I didn't see any results, however I applied a bit more pressure, and did just like shaving ( went against the grain of the hair), and now I am smooth as, ummmm, well really smooth ^_^ The best part is that the NAIR with the Cucumber, and fresh smell does not have the long lingering after smell of NAIR. Once you shower, it is gone. So I can so that so far, I am happy with my purchase, now to see how long the hair stays away! Happy Nairing!

Sarah ^_^

That's a great story Sarah! Now I'm wondering is she was TG too since she never spoke. Regardless she is somebody we could all use while struggling with girlie stuff.

That is a great story. I have never had much luck with Nair. It leaves my skin enflamed and irritated. Guess I just don't have the right skin for that stuff. So "A Waxing I will go!" LOL
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Silver Member
    Great story! I have had many GG's help me with selections. Granted it appears she helped you after noticing that it was likely for you but many men shave their legs for "manly" reasons. Something I've started to do more while in drab is to participate in a typically GG behavior of small talk with strangers. I will compliment a GG on a purchase in her cart or her hairstyle. Share a bit of info without being asked. Share a smile and comment about the weather. The best part of doing this is how great it also makes me feel!
    Years ago I was buying some feminine hygiene items and ponytail holders for my wife and the woman in line in front of me was buying condoms and men's briefs. She glanced back and with a nice smile said "You pay for mine, I'll pay for yours and neither of us need be embarrassed." We had a good laugh!

I love great stories and encounters like this. Really makes you feel good to know that some GG's are really willing to give a helping hand I have always shaved my body with a razor but after reading the results of this product, I May go and get a bottle myself. Does anyone know about how long it lasts before the hair starts coming back? and is this a full body product?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Ditto's on Chickhe and Kim. In some ways, women are just like men. I think women like to be "acknowledged" too. It's Just that they have different area's of expertise. If your a Guy, you often get a Big Rush from some other Guy or Gal admiring your expertise with things like, cars, boats, guns, alcohol, and the list could go on, and on. Women have their own "Area's," and as Chickhe said she was trying to give you advise.

Next time, if you are wise, (and this could be helpful to just about all of us) if you can think fast enough to Thank Her, try something like: "Oh gosh, you obviously know a lot about this! I'm just lost when I try to pick out something. Without your help, I would have been in a mess!" See, everybody likes to get "stroked." Now if this sounds suspiciously like what Men would desire women to do, (when they've done something right) let us not be amazed. It's Human Nature for ALL of us. Just like that desire to feel "special" and supported. That's not an exclusive female trait.

Anywho, if this works, (and why not, you got The Advise from an "Expert") you'll have less hassles the next time. Wait till you decide to buy Foundation. Don't be shocked if you get three or four "Experts" hovering around, and trying to give you advise. Be Wise! Use it to your advantage!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 08-23-2012 at 07:03 PM.