Thread: Almost had to explain

Almost had to explain

Let me start with the fact that I'm new to cross dressing, I'm 51 and have been married for 31 years as of yesterday. All my children are grown and have moved out and all but 1 live in the area, they are 27, 25, 23, and 20. My wife has been very supportive of me and helps me buy clothes, wigs, shoes and everything. She is the greatest!
    So today while she is at work and I'm home early and I decide that I want to get dressed and then put on makeup for the very first time. Let me tell you I am a real amateur in the makeup department and am not even sure where everything even needs to be applied or for that matter if I'm using the right brush or applicator. I look through all her makeup and start going for after I get dressed. Lipstick, eye liner, blush and some other things that I probably put in the wrong spot, but for a first attempt I kinda like it. I thought I looked more feminine then ever but still not passable.
    As I am finishing up in the upstairs bathroom my little dogs start barking which tells me that they see something outside or that someone is here. I had previously locked the front door and I hear a key go in and the door open. My son has come to fix his mom's computer, I run into the other bathroom, turn on the shower, and start to undress. I hop in the shower, scrub off the makeup and get dressed in man clothes. I go downstairs as if nothing is abnormal and I survived my first close call.
    I sent my wife a text about what happened and she said "OMG". She said she will help me when she gets home.
    Thanks for having this forum to allow me to talk about these things, I truly appreciate it.

Dusty

Congratulations on not getting caught. I have use the shower trick before myself. I am working on hiding less from my kids. I have begun wearing clear nail polish, including to work. I visited my kids this weekend and I decided to not take the polish off. My youngest daughter called me out on the nail polish within 10 minutes of seeing her. I just told her yes I did and left it at that (I keep my toes painted so it was not that much of a shock for her).

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Been there, done that! Except, until recently my SO has not been exactly supportive. She's coming along slowly but surely!

Platinum Member
    Hi Dusty, That was close for sure.
    Why don't you do yourself a favor and get your own makeup
    It's never a good idea to use someones elses eye makeup.
    Also a jar of cold cream to help to remove the makeup.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You are very lucky, Dusty!! Maybe it is time for you to tell your kids about your crossdressing. My son is your age and my daughter is oldser than you. They both know that I am a crossdresser, but they don't want to see me dressed enfemme!

Although I have been a CD for over 60 years I have never developed any skill with makeup. My late wife, who knew that I was a CD when we married, always did my makeup when I was going out as Stephanie! When she died 7 years ago, I started going out dressed enfemme but wearing no makeup or wig. Just a guy in feminine clothes, often including a skirt or dress. I have never had any problem at all while doing that.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Cleanliness is next to godliness.
    I think a lot of us have had showers at strange times of the day.
    Go to the toilet until someone leaves.
    Getting ready to go outfor the evening at three in the afternoon.
    Yep we do some odd things.
    Just to cover up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ah yes, the close call(s)!!!!! Nothing gets the heart to beat faster then ALMOST being discovered!!!!!! Good response though, you saved yourself for another day!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Two suggestions:
    1) Change the locks on your doors so nobody has a key who shouldn't.

2) Ask your wife to help you with makeup. You may need different colors anyway, but she can save you a lot of trouble compared to learning it on your own.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Since your wife is supportive, tap into that resource and have her give you makeup lessons. My wife gave me makeup lessons and it was fun. The go get your own makeup, you really don't want to be limited to her stuff, besides, hers may not be suited for your skin tone, eye color or hair color. Also, its not a good idea to share some items such as lipstick or mascara.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    ....... Also, its not a good idea to share some items such as lipstick or mascara.
    I don't know about the mascara, but don't we share lipstick when we kiss?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda