Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please describe yourself (weirdo or not)

Please describe yourself (weirdo or not)

Hi, sorry it's me again with yet another question! As you know my fiancé and I are going to a crossdressing weekend, which is a massive first for us. We are both a bit worried about the kind of people we will meet. You see my fiancé (now named Liana lol) , who has been crossdressing for over 30yrs, still has the idea that other CDers are middle aged weirdos. We are both in late 40's, so middle aged, but have professional jobs and like doing what other people our age do. We love walking, camping, listening to music and drinking wine and generally having a good time, he is very much your 'normal' every day macho man. What concerns us is that, well how can I put it, he nor I have never met another crossdresser, I expect we are all different and none of us would ever consider ourselves as weirdos but could I please ask you to describe yourselves in your normal everyday lives. I really hope you don't misunderstand this question, I just need honest answers and if you find the question offensive then please accept my apology and don't answer.
    Ps. I'm so grateful for your patient and honest answers, I would be very happy to answer any questions you may have of me as a gg.

Meeting other cross dressers socially can be a weird experience as they sometimes wish to be serious and strongly convey themselves as a woman.
    Once you get to the lighter side and meet those that are happy with where they are you can find a more outgoing type of person that is ready to communicate.
    You tend to remain anonymous unless you strike up a friendship with a group.
    When striking up friendships people will ask questions you swap ideas and people really don't worry where you are coming from.
    Don't worry we are all weird in our own way.
    I have foot in mouth disease and my offhand humor is not always understood.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I think if your SO has been around here, he'll see that many of us are middle aged weirdos, who also happen to be gainfully employed in just about every conceivable line of work and profession, often happily married, parents and grand parents, and people who have all sorts of avocations besides dressing up in women's clothing. I'm a consultant in health care, married for 13 years, two sons, two step daughters, and two grand kids. I grew up on a farm, still enjoy horseback riding, hunting, fishing, good conversation and quiet walks along the beach...etc.

Hello again Jayne. I am so glad you are here and asking some very good questions. Like I said in one of your other threads, It's GG's like you that make this forum addictive.

First, I'm going to try to answer your question with some general facts before I try to answer it as it applies to me personally.
    Yes, there are some weirdos among us that fall under the label of Crossdresser. Of course most of mainstream society would call us all weirdos, sickos, insane or perverts. Sad, but true. I have seen them on the occasions that I have ventured out to events that accept us and want nothing to do with them. I've seen them here in this forum and want nothing to do with them. Of course what's weird to one is not weird to another. You and your fiance' have seen weirdos whenever you go to a sports event or out for a night on the town. It's not going to be any different when you go to this event. Just because it's an event that invites crossdressers is not going to make it any different ten any mainstream event that attracts all kinds.
    There are a lot of things I find weird under the umbrella of crossdressing. I won't go into what I find weird and who here is a weirdo to me. I don't want to offend them or make them mad. I've learned to just accept that there are some I don't have much in common with. But for the most part, there are many very good people here that I admire and enjoy communicating with. In fact, the majority here are all very fine sane, loving, giving human beings that I would be proud to know in person. Some... on the other hand, I would not be caught dead with in public. lol
    You will have to judge for yourself who you converse with, who you feel comfortable with, who you feel are "normal" everyday people like you and your fiance'

So how do I see myself you ask? I feel am generally a nice person. I am considerate of other people's feelings. if you and your fiance' ran into me in public while I was in male mode, you or him would ever guess I am a CD. I appear very manly,I act very manly, I look very manly. No one would guess this side of me. I'm happy about that. Of course, if you met me at the beach, you might wonder why my legs, pits, ad chest are shaved. lol
    If I was at this same event and had to good fortune of meeting you and your fiance', and learning this is all new to you, I'd go out of my way to make you comfortable. I'd want to know you and find out more about you both as people. Again, no different then meeting at a pub or night club.
    So just how weird am I? I guess to even some here i am a weirdo since I am also submissive to my SO. That does not mean I'm a submissive to anyone else or in business and a submissive in general. it is submissive ONLY to the lady I love. No, it's not just a bedroom game with us. She is dominant and I am submissive in our everyday life. OK, so now perhaps even you might say I'm a weirdo since it's not something you understand or know anything about. But that's why I said what's weird to one is not to another.
    Just go and have fun. I'm sure there are going to be many other couples just like you and your fiance' Just know who to break off from that you find disturbing or of no interest to you due to some weird thing about them that may or may not bother you. Again, no different then what you will find in any other large gathering.
    I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Please tell us after you return.

And I am glad to see you saw the potential value of a female name for your fiance" Liana, I like that!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    hah! I totally consider myself a weirdo! but I'm a nice weirdo, if that counts, LOL.
    My day-to-day life is pretty dern normal looking though. Just another middle aged dad from the suburbs. Drivin' the kids to school, mowin' the lawn, bbq'ing various things.

I've been a telecommuter for a really long time, so ... there's that ... which does get weird: workin' in your PJs, not really having a large group of IRL friends (nearly everyone I know besides my family, I interact with primarily over the internet -- even at work). I'm also a musician, and play with my hippie friends in a band (as a result I'm fond of various substances that hippies are known to enjoy, LOL -- nothin' dangerous though). And of course there is the mighty weird thing where I dress in women's clothes secretly, LOL. That's a big one, but then I kinda keep that under wraps.

In my experience, the most rewarding relationships I've had were with people you might call "weird".

I've only ever met one other CD/TG person in IRL, and that was a person I worked with in a physical office years ago. She was a very cool person, and not the bad kind of weirdo at all. If the folks on this forum are any indication, I'd say you don't have a lot to worry about
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I am definitely a weirdo. But don't worry, you won't see me at any CD gatherings. I'm much too antisocial for that. Besides, my family won't let me out of this attic.

Jayne, I would like to know Liana's definition of a "weirdo". Here is a little about myself. Since I firmly believe in the Golden Rule, I aspire to be polite, respectful and courtious to all. I have never been convicted of any crime nor do I have any intentions of ever doing so. My life's direction is motivated by dreams and personal goals. I have a professional background. However I firmly believe a person's character (or degree of weirdness) is not gauged by their academic or professional pedigree. Like you, I enjoy walking, camping, listenting to music, drinking wine,having a good time as well as many other interests. As far as my everyday life is concerned, my apperarance does not dictate my character. Regardless of whom I meet in whatever situation, I hope my personality creates the first and most lasting impression. Liana may still consider me as a wierdo. So be it. I am always me and in my mind nothing more!

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Definitely a weirdo by most standards, I also always carry an actual purse, and I've been known to scream in the presence of flying insects.
    Especially since I'm going to be getting a female haircut soon along with my eyebrows, even more people will have that opinion of me.

But, as with everything else, I live in a glass house so I won't judge anyone for how they look or carry themselves.

Can I ask why people are so quick to throw out the "I'm actually really manly and masculine!" card?
    It appears at almost the same frequency of "(NOT GAY)".

oh thank you soo much for your replies!! They are wonderful, nearly moved me to tears. You are so open and honest and decent people, you have taken my breath away that you can be soo forthcoming. I'm overwhelmed !
    Brandy, thank you so much for taking the time to answer in such depth, I feel proud to be part of this community and you are making me feel a whole lot better. You have all made it clear that it's a judgement call as in any other situation, which I think we are quite capable of making now after your wise words. You are all wonderful people and clearly not weirdos, just like my Liana x

In my every day life I blend with the world. I do my work thing, do things around the house, visit with neighbors, go to a range of events from theater to sports. I have a loving relationship with my wife and children that I take extreme pride in. Not so much for what they do but how they are perceived by others. I pretty much march to my own drummer and live life tainted by a little humor. I do not consider myself weird. Some guys like to dress up and play civil war games. I like to dress up and play femme. I have had the opportunity to meet a group of cross dressers in my area. At the meeting was about a dozen and some had their wives there. I was afraid to appear in drag so I went in drab. I honestly say with all sincerity, as a group - these were the nicest MOST NORMAL people I have ever met. Go and enjoy yourself and treat others the way you would like to be treated.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I am definitely a weirdo. But don't worry, you won't see me at any CD gatherings. I'm much too antisocial for that. Besides, my family won't let me out of this attic.
    You're soon funny!! Hahahaha, I like you

I'm the most normal person I know.... everyone else is a weirdo! imho..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    In my every day life I blend with the world. I do my work thing, do things around the house, visit with neighbors, go to a range of events from theater to sports. I have a loving relationship with my wife and children that I take extreme pride in. Not so much for what they do but how they are perceived by others. I pretty much march to my own drummer and live life tainted by a little humor. I do not consider myself weird. Some guys like to dress up and play civil war games. I like to dress up and play femme. I have had the opportunity to meet a group of cross dressers in my area. At the meeting was about a dozen and some had their wives there. I was afraid to appear in drag so I went in drab. I honestly say with all sincerity, as a group - these were the nicest MOST NORMAL people I have ever met. Go and enjoy yourself and treat others the way you would like to be treated.

You sound like my Liana, which is very reassuring , which is all I wanted to hear. Thank you x

Ellie, thank you, Liana was intending to go in drab too but then having thought about it we decided that he should go all out, which to be honest is a bit scary for me as I have never seen him in a wig, makeup etc. but your advice is great, treat people how you would like to be treated..... That's exactly what we'll do and hopefully we'll have a great weekend.
    Last edited by Nigella; 08-24-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Jayne,

I think you will find that we are just as wierd as you want to see us. We are also as normal as you want as well, and it all depends on what you want to use as your measure. I'm 63 years old and crossdressed for the first time around age 12 but knew something was a little different in my perception of gender around 5 or 6 years of age. I'm retired now after a 30 year career as a data analyst in the criminal justice system following my education that consisted of a B.S. degree and additional training at the university level. I'm married to a woman who has been battling cancer for over 6 years now and my number one focus in life is to make sure she is comfortable when she is sick and does what she wants when she's not. That means I'm her driver, getting her to see the grandkids or picking her up at the airport when she wants to travel farther than that. I read, write, listen to music, follow all kinds of sports, build stuff for my house, enjoy the outdoors and primative camping, like to eat my own cooking, enjoy a drink or two, argue over politics and find nothing of value in organized religion. I have a garden that has produced some wonderful tomatoes and squash and peas and beets and other wonderful, tasty things this year. I've had a couple of dogs that were great companions.

I'm a crossdresser and when the opportunity presents itself I love getting dressed, head to toe and then look for ways to improve my presentation as female. I don't want to be a woman, nor am I attracted to men. I believe the arguement that "Women can wear men's clothing but men can't wear women's things." is a dodge since women don't try to pretend to be men when they wear those things. I've been active in Tri-Ess and helped create a chapter in our area and that was pretty satisfying. I miss meetings because of family obligations or show up en drab for the same reason. I've been out in public presenting myself en femme, mostly on trips to Las Vegas, but sometimes I get out locally. I have long-time friends who don't know I'm a crossdresser and may never need to know that. I don't threaten other people and try my best to treat everyone with respect and if they don't seem to deserve respect I try to ignore them. I'm lazy a lot of the time and need to exercise more, like I said, I do like to eat my own cooking. The Internet is a time waste that I fully embrace and I'm willing to share my opinion, even in company that probably would prefer to have me maintain my silence. I occasionally feel sorry for myself and other times I see that I've been very fortunate. I hate doing paperwork.

I never thought I would personally know other crossdressers or transsexuals, but I do and I've found them to be wonderful people and any wierdness would be there regardless of their gender. Most of them are just pleased to discover there are others like them out there. A few are questioning their sexuality as well as their gender, but seem to understand that others are not. If you spend enough time with others you will find a crossdresser who makes you uncomfortable in some way, but so far they have been the minority for me and part of it was my expectations more than their personality, looks or behavior. I'm too damn wordy and write too much.

Enjoy your time out together.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hi, your sorry its you again..............ok. I'm a normal person. I like to go hiking and wach the little animals, when I'm waching the little animals I am thinking to my self what is the best way I could trap and eat them.

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Me? I'm not a weirdo. I am boring, boring, boring.

I grew up in the 1960s in pretty much a "Leave It to Beaver" household. One difference, though, was my mother had a strong desire to go to university (which she did while raising four children). After graduating, she had a somewhat nontraditional career as a juvenile probation officer. Two results of this are that my sister has been career-oriented –- and quite successful as a school psychologist -- and that I am attracted to women who are smart, strong and capable.

I have cross-dressed since about age 12, though I let almost no one know. When I was married, my wife would not accept it. My current SO is ok with it, though I wish she would play along with me more. My three grown sons know, but in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" way. I am not very social, so I have no real interest in attending the kind of event you've mentioned and meeting other CDs.

I have worked in accounting, human resources, and newspaper editing. I like reading, mostly science, history, fantasy, and Sherlock Holmes. I enjoy movies (so many of my friends growing up wanted to be the too-cool James Bond; I related more to the less-than-perfect Indiana Jones), and I am a huge Disney fan. When my sons were in Boy Scouts, I was very involved, including being a Scoutmaster for a time, but since then I have done very little camping. Overall, though, I am not very macho, being a complete klutz when it comes to sports or mechanics. Even so, people don't view me as unmanly or effeminate.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    Some guys like to dress up and play civil war games. I like to dress up and play femme.
    LOL - that describes my brother and me!
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Banned Read only
    Hi all

Weido deluxe here, but thats only how the real wierdos view me. Otherwise I have friends that trust me watching their kiddeo(not a great time when they and mine all drive me up the wall) but I just can't say no when they ask. Funny thing is when I do say no because of something pending thier kiddos get all ticked off when they cant stay over(go figure).

Thera
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-24-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: If you want to aks the question the start another thread, don't take this one OT

I do not trust people that are not weird in some way because it usually means they are working very hard to appear "normal" because they have something to hide.

I find that if I'm not weird I really do not like the life I'm living because than I'm conforming to meet others needs and wants and not my own.

If you are using the term weirdo to describe sexual behavior there is some pretty weird sexual behavior by people who are not crossdressers but this is subjective
    and not judgemental, only an observation based on my
    very conservative attitudes toward sex.

For myself I'm naturally introverted and like abstract thought, bookish but physically active. I avoid crowds because I become overstimulated from heightened senses and I was born this way.

I never was able to adopt the concept of being a "boy" but part of me at an early age certainly did adopt the identity of girl which I painfully became aware of as a teen and young adult even though it took years to understand why and I'm still learning.

I have never suffered addiction, rarely drink alcohol and never use drugs not even aspirin but cure everything through the foods I eat or do not eat and lifestyle choices.

Work in the behavioral sciences and the arts (music).

Strong interest in religious anthropology but personally gravitate toward buddhism.

Avoid team sports but rock climb, hike, kayak, ice skate, play golf, tennis and racketball. All singular experiences done with others (sometimes)

I crossdress for identity reasons and as an expression of an emotion that is both fluid and graceful but I am also strongly attracted to the beauty of the clothes
    and the sensual (sensory not sexual) experience of wearing them

If I'm a weirdo it is because of my extreme individuality by rejecting everything I was taught is true and starting over with my own search for truth.

The search for truth started from the feeling of living a lie (gender dysphoria) and because gender is "reality" I rejected others reality to find my own which is an on
    going process.

From my experience meeting crossdressers in a group has a party atmosphere and is different than having a friend who is a crossdresser which is more intimate and less
    superficial.
    Last edited by KellyJameson; 08-24-2012 at 12:51 PM.

I would decribe myself as a 58 year old man that enjoys living. I have my hobbys and my work, I'm retired but still do specialty work in the communications field. I like to crossdress and releave stress through this activity. I have no illussions as to who I am or what I am and I like it and enjoy it. So I am not a werido, but I do see that some people consider CDing werid just as I see things that I'm ignoant of of viced to as werid. I think, that many of the labels placed on people for iindulging in the same or even more different activities they indulge in is just a social act to cover their own endevers. But no I'm not a werido just dressed different than the set standards sometime. As a matter of fact once a man comes to grips with CDing and learns to deal or endear it they get a better prespective on life and become more excepting of new or differnt ideas that others share, not counting the healt benifits.

I enjoy the fact i'm weird =P i have a weird sense of humor but thats how both me and my partner are. I guess none of us are normal lol I've not met another CD but i've talked to plenty who wanted to meet but they wanted other things...... :S I would assume that this big CD vacation you're going to get a big mixed crowd, 1st timers will be a little more reserved where as the more expirienced are going to be more themseives. If you're naturally odd or crazy just be you!!!

57, married 37 yrs, with two kids and one grandchild
    Army veteran
    College grad, Electrical Engineer
    work for a law firm, but am not a lawyer
    have a couple of woodworking hobbies but am mostly a couch potato
    was into drag racing and still like to drive fast
    Last edited by DonnaT; 08-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    DonnaT

Trans people are like most other groups of people (some members are nice and some are not). I am a college professor married to wonderful woman, who loves me despite my flaws (she even shops with me when I am dressed if we are out of town).
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 08-24-2012 at 08:46 PM.

I have a weird sense of humor, and a weird imagination. Bottling it up and putting a lid on it will just make me insane. So I'd rather be weird than insane.

Hi Jayne, I'm just a retired 65 year old guy who helps care for his Grandsons. My Son is a young widower so needs all the help he can get. When I do go out dressed, I go to the club to dance and have fun. Don't have to answer to anyone really. Recently I have met a nice woman my age, so am putting the dressing on the shelf for awhile. I'm good either way. To me it's all a matter of choice. I never pretend to be someone I'm not though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Makeup addict!
    Well, I'm in my early twenties, and I'm a student. I like hanging out with my friends when not busy with my studies, and while I wouldn't call myself a party guy, I do enjoy a good party every now and then. I enjoy sports, music, acting, and I'm a friendly guy. I just have a fondess for women's clothes

I understand that your fiancé may think other crossdressers are "weirdos". In my life, I've met some crossdressers (but never told them about me) and they had traits that creeped me out. I haven't really met a crossdresser in person who was just a regular guy like me