Thread: the problem with going out dressed(to a club)

Talking the problem with going out dressed(to a club)

I have read alot of posts about going out dressed and it is something that really interests me but I am just wondering how do you deal with the problem of id? How do u get in to a club with no id or do u get a fake one?
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light , not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
    Actually, who are you not to be?

my facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00003550841127 feel free to add me.

I haven't been to a club, but I have been to bars where they card you at the door and I have also purchased alcohol while out and about dressed. I have just used my regular ID. I haven't had a problem with it yet and I hope not to have one in the future.

Just go. No problem at gay clubs usually. Just make sure you are of drinking age. I got kicked out at age 19...

Just show your male ID. Like everybody says try a gay club until you get used to going out.

Hi,

For myself im way past the age i need to show any id, age 65. so i quess your some what younger. theres no big deal you have a pass or id just show what you have as to names or what ever, how your dressed is not the prob .

So long as your not underage .

...noeleena...

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    There are two main reasons a club asks for your id. One, to prove you are actually old enough to be there. If you are older than 23, they can probably tell enough to be satisfied. The second reason, is legal. If the cops show up to check on the club, everyone has to be able to produce an ID to prove it was checked at the door. As long as these two issues are satisfied, they don't care about how you are dressed. This comes from the perspective that if you are concerned about this, the door person will likely know what is going on. Even if you look great, will you pass scrutiny once you say I'm a guy - which is what you do when you show your male id? If that could still be a problem, then you probably are on hormones, may have had FFS, and have a great voice. If that is the case then you probably have looked into correcting your ID.

I've never had a problem, however I go out in NYC. This is nothing new here.

i show my male id, no problemo. of course I go to New Hope PA (very LGBT friendly) and Philly and places that are friendly to us

I've been going to clubs almost fourty years and never had a problem with my regular ID!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Never deal with it really. In my case, getting carded would be mostly a compliment.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    If you're young enough to need an I'd you carry a valid I'd in your purse. Simple as that.

Gold Member
    We have many members who fly dressed and have to produce their ID to TSA agents. If they can do that, showing someone an ID at the door is a cakewalk.

I agree with the other posts. I have never had an issue at clubs, bars, restaurants, liquor stores or 7/11,s showing my male ID. I'm 44 and most of the time the ID check is just to see if you have one with you.

Never had a problem with showing my male ID in a club.

Best one I ever had was a bouncer at a straight club in Detroit do a double take at my ID and just say "damn...nice job". Maybe he is one of us.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Platinum Member
    Only being 18yrs. old may be a problem.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No problem at gay bars. The only problem I have is after a few drinks is staying up on my high heels. LOL
    Kisses Millie

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    Hi,

For myself im way past the age i need to show any id, age 65. so i quess your some what younger. theres no big deal you have a pass or id just show what you have as to names or what ever, how your dressed is not the prob .

So long as your not underage .

...noeleena...
    There are places that card you no matter how old you look.

Everyone on this forum has to be over 18, which is the age at which drinking is legal in the UK and Ireland, although some clubs have a higher limit on the door.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Rachael View Post
    There are places that card you no matter how old you look.
    I was surprised last autumn when I went to a sponsored, private party with an open bar at a hotel in Manhattan, and got carded (in drab) by girls at the door. I'm not sure if it was the hotel's policy or the sponsor's, but I had to drag my driver's license out, and the door persons (two 25ish females) actually looked at it. And I was 56 at the time!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There r MANY reasons for them to turn ME away at the door! But, being too young isn't one of them! So far, I've gotten in every weird place I've tried!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Over the years I have been to many clubs, lounges, night clubs, restaurants and have flow pretty coast to coast quite a few times. During all of these activities, when asked for ID, I simply show my legal drivers license. If anything is said about my appearance, I usually simply reply that I decided to dress a little differently on this occasion.
    With the exception of young inexperienced TSA agents, I have never had a problem, and when I encountered one of these new TSA agents, a more senior agent resolved the issue quickly and politely.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    In some of the clubs here, they ID everyone and take a picture of the ID. They do this because the police "suggest" that it "might be nice" if it was done, to help identify people in case of disturbances.

Basically it's a legal crock of excrement with police outright publicly saying they will harass any club that doesn't do it. But hey, that's the "choice" of the club, so there's no legal problem.