Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what are your measurements?

So what are your measurements?

Hi, just curious about measurements and whether HRT would change them whenever I go back to a psychiatrist. Currently i'm 6 foot 36-29-38, oh and I have several corsets but i'm afraid to wear them for extended periods for fear of hurting my internal organs but I want to narrow my waist more from a front on profile. Thanks.

34-30-33 5'9" 130lbs

Julie

44-30-40 5'7''170 lbs

Gold Member
    2x4

If you want to know more about HRT, the Body Issues section may get you more direct responses. I agree that you can alter your internal organs. But if you want to a more defined waist while dressing, you can just wear the corset or other shaping garments while dressing and give your body a break when you aren't dressing.

My bust and waist are about the same, 43-44.

38-31-36 5'7" 145 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
    I have several corsets but i'm afraid to wear them for extended periods for fear of hurting my internal organs but I want to narrow my waist more from a front on profile. Thanks.
    you don't really hurt them.... you just move them a round a bit... I've been wearing tight corsets for years.... plus 20 hours a day... they really do change your body shape...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    Sorry to raise a red flag about corsets but I fear there are some health concerns about extended wear.

Hello, I am 5'9" and weigh 160lbs. I have decided to go with a 'b' cup for breast forms. Anyone have any comments on this decision?

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Sorry to raise a red flag about corsets but I fear there are some health concerns about extended wear.
    No guts, no glory? aka. rearranged guts, glory?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In the buff-40-33-38,with padding 44-32-40,5'-7",165 lbs.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have as many figures as Macy's has sales!

What Sue and Karren say is tru RE corsets. I can't wear mine very tite laced for over 3 hours, max. For long wearings, I suggest not tite lacing all the way. It also CAN be painful and dangerous to tite lace after not wearing a corset for a long time! I suggest wearing a tite laced corset for an hour or so once every week or two to keep your body accustomed to it.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

38-29-38-155lbs. If I go on HRT and gain something will I lose it if I stop or is it hormones for life? Would like "c" cup should I maybe go for Implants ?

I have been moving to a less curvy form.
    For me feeling like I have a female body means more than the look.
    Example, feeling I have breasts(attached forms) means more than the look.
    Same with the sexy skirt, if I have on a corset and I feel feminine I can be in gg jeans and that is nice.

Also unfortunately I have put on a little weight.
    I am 5-11 1/2'" ~165lbs was (34G-36G) now more like DD's or D's, 27-28" with the corset(tightklace) and 41" hips/butt .... I do have thunder thighs. YUCK

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    42-32-35 last time I checked 5'6" 152 lbs.

If you are talking with enhancements, 38-34-38.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

With all the goodies, 42-30-41 @ 5'7" 145 lbs.

I was reading through these posts and was surprised to see so many hourglass measurements, with the waist considerably smaller than the hips. I always thought that in genetic men, the waist and hips were about the same size.

So I googled average measurements and came across the Simplicity Body Measurement charts for children, women and men. I was even more surprised to see there is not a significant difference among men and women in the chest:waist:hip ratios.

For example, if someone has a 36" chest:

Women - 36:28:38
    Men - 36:30:37

There is only a two inch difference in the waist, and a one inch difference in the hips!

http://www.sewingpatterns.com/simplicity-charts2.html
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by sandy60 View Post
    Hello, I am 5'9" and weigh 160lbs. I have decided to go with a 'b' cup for breast forms. Anyone have any comments on this decision?
    Hey smaller boobs add an air of mystery.
    They are also more suitable in some situations than a matronly figure.
    Oh the question....
    36 32 34 these days and 140 lbs.
    Sorry Reine, a bit up and down straight here.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 08-25-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Weight and comment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just one observation, does everyone recognize that bust measurements are different than the measurement that is taken for a man's suit? I wear a size 42 suit jacket, but have a 38 bust, 29 waist, and 36 hips at 6'0" and 152 pounds.

Re: Corsets and Bustiers with steel or plastic ribbing, there are serious problems that are possible, in particular the claim that they improve posture is ultimately false since long term use will actually make the spinus erectus muscles weaker.

36-33-39, 5'11", 11 stone 4 (or 158 lbs international-style)

I wear a size 42 suit jacket, but have a 38 bust
    Funny you should say that, I buy much bigger men's jackets than my size requires, because I like a lot of cloth round me when I'm out in the hard cruel world. And similarly I find that with stretchy women's tops, a size 16 is right, but for anything that doesn't stretch or is supposed to hang elegantly, 18 is better.

I'm metricated now.

1m78 tall, 65 kg.

90 - 74 - 92

Bra size 90C european (100C French sizing standard)

(European Union - huh - at least 3 bra sizing standards, 4 dress sizing standards, but so far I have only come across 2 shoe sizing standards)
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 08-26-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    36-33-39, 5'11", 11 stone 4 (or 158 lbs international-style)

Funny you should say that, I buy much bigger men's jackets than my size requires, because I like a lot of cloth round me when I'm out in the hard cruel world. And similarly I find that with stretchy women's tops, a size 16 is right, but for anything that doesn't stretch or is supposed to hang elegantly, 18 is better.

It's hard to figure out what is stylish in men's clothes in America. I have younger (25-35 y.o.) friends who wear close fitting stuff, older friends (50+) who still wear bulky sweaters and double pleated trousers, and everything in between. I dress in male mode as if I'm trying to look like a Brooks Brothers or LL Bean model, which is mostly slender but formless.

It's odd, we're about the same height and weight, but seem to have dramatically different shapes. I like your measurements better than mine for crossdressing. I have terrible problems trying to find dresses which fit. I can wear American sizes 6 or 8 from the waist down, but sometimes need an XL top, for my shoulders and pectorals. I usually just stick with jeans, shorts, and separate tops for that reason, and there are so many beautiful dresses I would love to own. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by sandy60 View Post
    Luv B on me or girls!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    It's odd, we're about the same height and weight, but seem to have dramatically different shapes. I like your measurements better than mine for crossdressing. I have terrible problems trying to find dresses which fit. I can wear American sizes 6 or 8 from the waist down, but sometimes need an XL top, for my shoulders and pectorals. I usually just stick with jeans, shorts, and separate tops for that reason, and there are so many beautiful dresses I would love to own. Sigh!
    I don't wear dresses for just that reason - with a 16/18 top and a 14 bottom, at least one part of me is either going to be cramped or hanging all baggy. One positive thing with tops is that the width provided for a large bust, which I haven't got, can be easily pulled back and used to accommodate man shoulders, particularly in a stretchy material.