Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: High heels!! ??

Chelsea,
    Best of luck in your adventure, stay in there GF.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I love to put my painted toes in stockings and then slip them in heels, yummy!

I love heels for all the reasons discussed -- their sexy image, the wonderful sound as you walk, their affect on posture and apppearance. But I see a need for some compromises. Four inch or more heels would kill me if I walked at length in them, and at 5' 10" I don't want that much height. On one of my rare ventures out in a city, I wore flats (no heels at all!) for safety and comfort. But I guess I lost the posture and curves. What's a good middle ground? 2 inch? 3?

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    So, I had heard that high heels were invented in the 17th century by the French for their cavalry to wear so their riders could grip the stirrups more easily. I've heard other explanations for their creation, but this one makes the most sense to me.

I wear heels, not for riding horses, but because it helps with my feminine gait. Lately, though, I've been favoring flats because I am 6' tall. Heels are only for special occasions.
    I must admit, I've developed quite a fondness for flat strappy sandals. I'm 5'10 and my preference used to be wearing 7"-8" stripper heels, which extended my height to around 6'6''. Not so much into wearing them anymore, but I still don't want to get rid of them. I still wear them on "special occasions" too. Maybe they'll make an appearance this Halloween.

Being 175cm tall I feel like I'm at the maximum height for a woman, so I usually don't wear heels. But I have a pair that I love.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

I love high heels. They are very feminine. I think it is because along with skirts/dresses they are about as far away from mens clothing as you can get. They sound fantastic on concrete or wooden floors too. They also give a feminine posture and vunerability. They can really complete an outfit. A gorgeous black dress would not look right with a pair of flats.
    Katie Taylor x
    'Sugar and spice and everything nice wasn't meant for only girls.'
    King for a Day by Green Day

Aspiring Member
    105 five replies. What does that tell you about how we girls feels about high heels.

OK. Since my last post in this thread I moved to a new house and ordered some 5-inch heels, after saying that I was happy with 2-in shoes. The first two weeks I was here I had no trouble going up and down stairs. With the heels on I was being really careful not to turn an ankle going down the stairs. Forgot I was five inches taller and thunked my head on the overhang.Ouch! Next time I'll duck.

I'm very tall, but I almost HAVE to wear heels....I just don't feel feminine without them, even if they make me even taller!
    For me they are most important, even if my height gets me attention from the public.

I don't really like them. I'm already 5'10" and 126 lbs I don't need to look taller or slimmer lol.

Lingerie and Lace Lover! FrancineBrice's Avatar
    They do amazing things for the look of your legs that make any discomfort in your feet worth putting up with. The last thing I do when I dress up feminine is to slip into my heels; every time, they make me feel like the transformation is official. I do like how a nice pair of heels can change posture and your movements. The right heels can be a great finish to a nice outfit, and some heels are just damn sexy. Heels like many other feminine items do come in a dazzling variety of styles, colors and trim that make them a lot more interesting as wearable sculpture than the paltry and dull selection in the men shoe aisle. And of course, there's the visual and physical effect from elevating your heels and stretching out the length of your legs. High heels do change the way you walk, change the appearance of your legs, are the ultimate expression of femininity and that is why we love them. Is it sort of a secret pleasure to enjoy something most real girls complain about wearing, but for all the right reasons?
    Life can be very short! We only have one life to live and why not live you life doing the things that you enjoy the most! Just Do It!

Raise a hand
    Yup me to i like high heels higher the better ,yes i realise i cnt wear them out im 6.2" but they really do add so much to the look you build.
    Heres a good question any one else just able to wear high heels form the get go took me years to find a pair that fit and i slipped them on and could just walk in them n wobbles nowt (well now i wobble but they dont fit anymore lost loads of weight) .
    Really need to find a shop that does flat or really low hell knee high bootsin a weird mid 10-11 uk love me my boots

I always had a natural ability to walk in heels right from the start. I have womanly feet with high arches, so I guess I was born to wear high heels.

I have a question on heels: How do you girls pack your heels for travel and keep them from getting crushed, messed up, scuffed, etc in the suitcase?

For me I am not dressed if I am not wearing heels, I have been crazy for them since i was very young. I have 20 pair and counting a girl can never have enough shoes

I agree with all of you girls. The look, the sound. The ultra feminine way they feel. The knowledge that walking in them is an acquired skill. Even some GG's don't get it right. I wear them every chance I get. Nothing make feel feel more like a girl. I especially like peep toes with my toenails painted. An incredible look. Super feminine.
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Quote Originally Posted by Karli View Post
    I can tell a lot of girls love their heels!

So let me ask, what's your favorite style?

And what styles do you use for which occasions?

My personal favorites are my black patent pumps by Ivanka Trump! I get excited anytime I wear them! I was inspired by a girl at work. I couldn't stop staring at her heels and knew I had to get a pair just like them!
    For me it's peep toes. Either sling back or closed. I love 'em all though. Wedges are fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by Karli View Post
    Quick question:

What occasions do you wear stockings/hose with heels? Is it appropriate to wear stockings with high heel sandals? Or is it bare legs only? Also, how do you feel about bare legs with high heel pumps?
    I like to wear stockings with heels for a couple of reasons. First, to me hosiery is also very sexy, so they go together well. Secondly, they make your feet slippery. Heels can stick to your feet without them so they're more comfortable when wearing stockings. (To me at least.) I do admit that today with the fashions leaning toward bare legs, I don't wear nylons with high heeled sandals. Everything else, absolutely!

I like the appeal, but most importantly, I love walking in a store or on the side walk and everyone hearing that unmistakable pop of your heel hitting the ground. I love the sound and just the power that it has. It really makes you seem important because it grabs everyones attention or they will atleast hear it.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I do, also, so love heels. I stay with 4" and under, but they are such a "finish" to my feminine look and feel. They are the ultimate "non-male" statement to any outfit. Jeans with heels? Love it! With a dress or skirt? Just adore that. They also, after some years of wearing, have helped me walk more feminine....one step in front of the other, with a shorter stroke, and why not enjoy the time in my heels.....I'm not wearing them to "rush in and rush out" of a mall, or wherever. I want to enjoy every "click" as I go.....

Jamie

Heels used to be high on my crossdressing list. And, while I still love them, it seems that we are saturated with great looking heels and so to me some of the awe has diminished. At least on the internet. In person they are still awesome.

I like high heels. but not killer heels. not good with them

Actually many of the girls wear high heels as a matter of sex appeal. Even i do. In the beginning it seems less comfortable. But if you use it for a while then your hips get curved and looks sexy. Your body gets adjusted to it. Now without pop ups i cannot walk. My feet is adjusted to high heels. I love the pop up it gives to my back. I feel so proud when i am on my pin point high heels. Love it.
    [SIZE="2"]With Love, Neha Shetty[/SIZE]

No one can deny that nice heels make your legs and feet look very feminine. It is essential for me to look the part. Yes I do have flats but don't really like them much. But then if GG's didn't love them too why do they have hundreds of them in their closets? I really love the strappy kind with 4" heels. I usually wear hose because they make them more comfortable. The more delicate they look the better I like them.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 10-24-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    When the heels go on, I feel complete. Yes, I need the clothes, makeup, and nails, too, but when I put on a pair of heels, I KNOW I'm dressed. The shoes feel even more feminine to me than any other part of CDing.