Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, what's YOUR excuse?

Errrm...girl me is a vampire?
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

Unhappy

First off all my dresses make my butt look big. Lol just kidding.
    They real reason, be it an excuse or not. And Im sure many of us gurls are plagued by this is we just dont want anyone we know to find out. My family doesnt know nor does anyone in my small town. Not sure if Ill ever be strong enough to come out and let everyone know.

My clothes don't fit anymore, one heel is always broken, my lipstick was thrown away and I have a missing front tooth!!!!!! Hows' that!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Small neighbourhood, where some people seem spend most of their time looking out of the window, waiting to catch someone like me sneaking out dressed, when I am really hoping not to be noticed
    Samantha xx

One day I will think of something profound to write here!!!!!!!!!!

Not being able to come out to family and friends in respect for how my wife feels. Still feels sometimes as if I'm hiding even though I do go out anywhere and everywhere.

Also, I agree with Stacy B...it would be so nice to have friends close by and just go visit. Hang out and watch a chick flick, have a cocktail, joke, wear whatever and not be "all dolled up", just be able to be an average gal with average gal friends doing average gal stuff.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I've pretty much conquered my own fears. Now if I could just get my wif to go out with me!

There is only really one issue. I need to expand my everyday wardrobe and I am working on that.

Michelle

Good thread Doc! My reasons or excuses however you want to look at it are to me very real and important to me on how I see myself and how others see me.
    First, I don't think I'd blend or pass to at least 90% of people I'd come in contact with.
    I care how others perceive me. I don't like the idea that most would view me as weird, sick, strange or perverted.
    I care what effect of my being known as a CD might have on my family, SO, friends and co-workers.
    As much as I might like to go out dressed, it is not worth the price I'd have to pay for the above listed reasons. So my venturing out has only been to places where we are very accepted and known to go.
    I had a nephew that was on the local police force. He died in the line of duty. He was highly respected and well known by all local law enforcement agencies. I would not want to dishonor his good name. So I am ultra careful about who knows me and what I do. It's plan and simple common sense to me.

I don't get to dress as often as I like. I work in construction and several of the guys I work with live in my neighborhood so I'm afraid to even just step outside dressed. My landlord lives upstairs from me and is often outside as well while he wouldn't have a problem with it his wife might also his father knows a lot of the people I work with and he is over a lot. I am lucky in that my wife is very supportive and when we have time I hang out in the house dressed.

Most of my horizons are expanded.
    Except the ones around family and local friends.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

ah, where to start. My waist is too big and I cant afford a corset. my hair is too short, and I cant afford a wig. my stubble grows back too quick, and I cant afford laser. my makeup skills are too poor, and I cant afford plastic surgery. my breasts are too small (not there at all), and I cant afford forms. my ass is too flat, and I cant afford padding. And that list is just off the top of my head.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Even if it were a perfect world where there would be no repurcusions at all I still would not want to go out in public just I'm not ready by my own standards and expectations. I still need a few more years of training consisting of fem walking drills, seating drills, stance drills, voice drills, manerism drills etc. Also I need to get over my obssessive I must pass fallacy.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I used to worry about how the discovery of my crossdressing would impact my career working in the criminal justice system. It seems the retirement system just doesn't care what I choose to wear on any particular day and send my check right on schedule. The neighbors don't know but what could they do? I don't see them except when we are in the yards at the same time, I don't go to their church (or any church for that matter) so that's not really an issue.

This is the excuse. My wife has set limits on what she is comfortable with me doing in public. So, I must want her to be happy more than I want to spend time as Sarah, so going to occasional support group meetings and dressing at home is fine. Going out when we travel is fine. Doing anything that would expose Sarah to her elderly parents or our grandkids is verboten. I'd probably do more but we live next door to her folks and the grandkids are only a couple of miles away. That's the situation for now, thanks for asking.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I hereby promise to go outside within a month! Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may not come. I'm getting old, so I gotta do it soon, or the chance may pass, and I could too. It might be a short walk in the late evening, or a weekend getaway in a city, but I vow to go out. Anyone else care to take the dare?

Because kids will throw rocks at meand they hurt.
    Basically that's my excuse. If I had an infallible magic talisman that suppressed people's hostility, I'd be getting dressed to go out right now.

My excuse is I just can't find the time or the money. Does that sound familiar to everyone

I remember it like yesterday....tirly looo, tirly loo, tirly loo...................................

I need more clothes! Only been at this for two weeks, and I just don't have a whole ensemble for going out yet.

I think I'll probably find a night club or something with a bit of a fetish side to it. I'm not going to totally transition on a 24/7 basis, so I figure if I'm going to go somewhere I may as well find a place where people will hopefully celebrate my style. I live in a big diverse city, I'm sure it's out there.

Aside from the kids, wife, job and being an alcoholic I don't have alot of time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Interesting replies!

My OP WAS NOT all about going out dressed or passing!
    Yet nearly ALL the posts above concern those!

So, does EVERYONE have every item they've ever wanted for dressing? And, everyone has the PERFECT figure for dressing? Everyone has TOLD everyone they've wanted to tell? Every TS out there is on hormones and has her surgery scheduled?

I feel you're HIDING THINGS FROM US, Ladies!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I don't have an excuse! 'Cause I'm out EVERY DAY!
    Good for u, Cynthia! And, you've accomplished every OTHER thing in your dressing life you've ever wanted, too?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Drill's

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    Even if it were a perfect world where there would be no repurcusions at all I still would not want to go out in public just I'm not ready by my own standards and expectations. I still need a few more years of training consisting of fem walking drills, seating drills, stance drills, voice drills, manerism drills etc. Also I need to get over my obssessive I must pass fallacy.

Gotta get over your drill fetish to ,,,LOL,,, Stop your giving out to much info ,, On your first life !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    My OP WAS NOT all about going out dressed or passing!
    Yet nearly ALL the posts above concern those!

So, does EVERYONE have every item they've ever wanted for dressing? And, everyone has the PERFECT figure for dressing? Everyone has TOLD everyone they've wanted to tell? Every TS out there is on hormones and has her surgery scheduled?

I feel you're HIDING THINGS FROM US, Ladies!?

Good for u, Cynthia! And, you've accomplished every OTHER thing in your dressing life you've ever wanted, too?
    I'm not going to pass, but before my clothes change genders I'd like to look as far away from a man as possible and unfortunately it's not in my budget.

Red face My Excuse for not going out.

My excuse is pretty much the same as my other "sisters". I can"t really pass as a woman when dressed and I live in a small town where I'm sure to be recognized.
    Maybe I'll be brave enough to try a long drive in the countryside some day.

everytime i go to leave the door suddenly my my bottom half falls off and then runs around the house..... it's hard keeping up when all i can do is crawl.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Having been a crossdresser as long as I have, and done all the different things that I have done there isn't anything left to tell! I go out dressed enfemme almost every day, but looking just like the man that I am. My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig so I could pass. When she died I decided to just forget about doing that stuff, and just wear the feminine clothes. Nobody has ever said anything about me wearing feminine things!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!