Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelsey Grammer and Oprah Discuss Crossdressing "Accusations"

Kelsey Grammer and Oprah Discuss Crossdressing "Accusations"

Check out the video starting at the 1:15 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Er6Nl6SRE

I don't appreciate them talking about CD-ing as a bad thing. And I'm angry about the scoffing and giggling.

Platinum Member
    It's only discussed at all because Oprah's audience found the subject titillating.

Kelsey made it sound as if for him it is just a kinky bedroom thing. No one knows if he is masking the truth, due to societal bias about men who visibly express femininity and for whom there is a gender identity component. But if in fact it is just a fetish for him, this explains the titillation. Sex or anything related to sex is still rather taboo in our society and it is not a subject that many people are comfortable taking about openly.
    Reine

Woo,,,, He said he dont live his life as a CD ,,,Not that he wasn't one ? So guess what ? Ha,,,HA,,,,, I guess he in the OL Closet ? Huh.... Well ,,, Well ,,, Guess he has picked his side ,,,LOL,,, Welcome ,,,Welcome ,,, Maybe he will creep out one day ,, Wonder if he is a Lurker here ? Ya never know ? Hey Kelsy if your out there ,, They gotta big sale at JC Pennys ,,, See ya there ,,,LOL,,, Yull know me when ya see me ,, I look just like my pictures ,,, An yes this is my real hair ,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

As has been said it is "tittilating" for Opraha's audience.
    Something to encourage sponsorship of her show.
    She makes a lot of money out of "tittalation".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stacy, you caught the same thing I did. What he said implies to me that he does crossdress, just not all the time.

He's probably a member here.

Hi, Kelsey!

Don't be scared, it's okay to dress up with us.
    My name is Carol.

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    He dodged the question very well. I think I would do the same thing if I were in the same position.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

Omg. I havent even watched it and i find it so terribly uncomfortable. Have to bookmark it or later. Poor guy! Oprah hotseat

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaChic View Post
    I don't appreciate them talking about CD-ing as a bad thing. And I'm angry about the scoffing and giggling.
    I suggest getting some thicker skin.

I heard that interview with his ex on the Howard Stern show... and if we are to believe much of what she said he is a pretty weird and repressed dude. For some reason I'm inclined to believe her. He comes across as a hollow guy doing his best impersonation of a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    I suggest getting some thicker skin.
    My mother could say something mean to me and I wouldn't even blink.

I'm not angry at Kelsey or Oprah. I'm angry that this could plant seeds in the minds of the viewers (thousands? millions?) that cd-ing is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post

Hi, Kelsey!

She bought me a drink once at The Tranny Shack in San Francisco. At least that is what I told the National Enquirer!
    Debby

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaChic View Post
    I'm angry that this could plant seeds in the minds of the viewers (thousands? millions?) that cd-ing is laughable.
    Take a close look around. It is laughable. If you can't laugh at this you'll be crying.

*yaawn*.... This guy is still around because? Come to think of it Oprah is around because????? (fess up Oprah, you are gay...c'mon...fess up)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nothing they said upsets me. If you read between the lines, he basically said he had some fun and its not a life changing even and the details are private. I think his answer was perfect...not that I really care much about celebrities.
    Chickie

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I watched this video last night. It was basically "yeah well, I'm the most interesting man in the world and I do some crazy stuff in private that you can only imagine". Pretty well handled I'd say. Nothing offensive about that response I'd say.

I found myself thinking about it this morning though. It must be pure hell to be one flavor or another of TG and be a celebrity (and not be famous for that aspect of yourself). Trying to put myself in Kelsey's shoes for a minute ... I've dreamed of finding success with my musical endeavors my whole life. Though at this point, I have better chances buying a lottery ticket ... what if that actually happened ... and worse, what if my whole career was balanced on the fulcrum of "he's a likeable normal guy's guy!".

I could literally never come out. Even if I accepted myself and worked through all my family impacts, I'd still have to choose between being myself and doing the thing I love for a living.

respect, Mr. Grammer ... I feel your pain (sort of).
    I thought you handled it as well as anyone could have.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I think the bottom line here is that even if he did (or does) crossdress, it would not be beneficial to his career if he were to actually admit it. That's just the way it is. He's currently very successful, and he needs to look out for his image and his status as an actor that will be sought out by those who would want him in their productions. Admitting to something like crossdressing, like it or not, would probably compromise that. So true or not, he is cautious enough to deny it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I thought he handled the interview well and maintained a certain level of privacy that everyone should have if they choose. Whether we agree or not, it is the individual’s right to choose to disclose or not, parts of themselves.

I did pick up that he said he did not live his life as a crossdresser, not that he did not do it on occasion. Then he said basically he was adventuresome sexually that he also denied explaining or discussing further.

One of the things I tell the audience when I do outreach type of discussions is they are free to ask any and all questions, but I am also free to not answer some that are to personal to me! Handling it and changing or getting past the question without killing the discussion can be a challenge in execution but we are not obligated to share everything just because we are the focus of the discussion.
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Well, it's his business. I try to always separate an Actor's Role's from The Person's Actual Life. I can judge him as an Actor, but It's probably not my business what he does in his personal life....unless it's something criminal, and actually effects me. But, I don't read The National Enquirer, nor watch those Silly Fan Shows like Entertainment Tonight, so it's just not very important to me.

However, everyone is speculating here, so I'll add my two cents. He very carefully stepped around The Issue of Crossdressing. You Gals are right, he said He did not live his Life as a CD....so, I guess he's not 24/7. But, when asked a Follow-On Question, he did state that he had been "sexually adventurous." Actually said that a couple of times, and then as is his Right, failed to elaborate.

He let something else drop too. On a different question, (Part Three on UTube) he mentioned that he had reviewed a letter he had written about his Sister, before The Interview. That means to me, "That Oprah's Interviews are not spontaneous!" Apparently people get a List of Questions, and have time to prepare their answer's. If that is so, then his response on The CD Question, makes his answer very suspicious. If I wanted to be deceptive, and not possibly get caught in a direct lie, that's the kind of answer I would prepare.

Like I said, all of our speculating is probably unimportant. He DOES have The Right to his Privacy! He's a good actor IMHO, and that's my only true interest.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I hate Oprah she is just a tool and I thought Grammer was a CD?
    You where born this way.

Spin Spin Spin, The only thing that bothers me is that if he were gay he would proudly proclaim that he was gay. Why doesn’t the CD community proudly proclaim that we are CD’s? I Proudly proclaim I am a Cross-Dresser. There.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I am not, nor have I ever been a fan of the BIG O...and I mean BIG! She manipulates questions to get the replies she wants, and she is one of the worst reverse-racists I have ever seen!

I will not watch anything that has her name attached to it...mostly rubbish!
    Just my opinion.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    What's the last decent acting thing Kelsey Grammer has done,and as for Oprah,is she at all relevent anymore? Who cares what these overpaid celebrities say or think.I cetainly could care less

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Stacy, you caught the same thing I did. What he said implies to me that he does crossdress, just not all the time.

Hi, Kelsey!

[SIZE="4"]He actually said "Never been a crossdresser" immediately before "Never lived as a crossdresser". If he's sexually adventursome, then I'm sure he's tried on a few feminine garments and we all know what that leads to! I wish him and his wife and the kids well. Divorce is not something I would reccommend as a fun activity. I'm not against it after the kids are raised, but it's still a hard thing to go through.[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Sex or anything related to sex is still rather taboo in our society and it is not a subject that many people are comfortable taking about openly.
    The oxymoron: virtually everything in this country is marketed usually featuring a sexy, deshabille young female, no matter what the product.

It's well known, sex sells.

Ineke