Thread: Reluctantly yours...

Complex Lolita...

Reluctantly yours...

[SIZE="2"]Reluctance shapes my life. I was reluctant to be a boy, I was reluctant to be a teenage male, and I’m reluctant to be a man, whatever definition of “man” you ascribe to. I was reluctant to “join in” and be like everyone else. I crossdress to express this reluctance. For one thing, I’m reluctant to wear THAT, whatever drab piece of male attire it may be, and I’m reluctant to submerge my “self” just to put everyone at ease. Needless to say, as a MtF crossdresser, I’m reluctant to show myself, put myself in harm’s way, or otherwise paint a target on my pretty dress. However, I’m reluctant to stay in the closet, so I maintain a precarious balance between in here and out there...

I was reluctant to tell anyone about my crossdressing, but I did, and this managed to make me even more reluctant, if that was at all possible. Yup, I reluctantly told three different women that I like to wear women’s clothing for pleasure, and I got three different responses. They were very reluctant to accept my disclosure, even though they knew I was not 100% masculine, not 75% masculine, nor even 50% masculine at best. Something was going on, but they were reluctant to grasp a concept that exists outside the realm of probability, but very much within the realm of the senses. I was not reluctant to go as far as I could with my dressing-up, but I soon found out that I had gone TOO far for everyone concerned...

Back in the day, I was reluctant to accept the fact that I was a transvestite, but I eventually embraced it. I mean, I was reluctant to try on a wig, or paint my lips, or dangle something dainty from my male earlobes, but I did – I somehow overcame my initial reluctance and got in touch with feelings I had reluctantly submerged during my youth. Reluctance gave way to joy, and I let HER out to play, albeit reluctantly at first. I was reluctant to display myself, but I wasn’t reluctant to look at my transformed self – in doing so, I reluctantly thought about the connotations and associations that my blessed crossdressing might represent. These I reluctantly tucked away, along with other things, but they bubble to the surface now and then like (reluctant) geysers. Slowly, but not so reluctantly, I found I could look like a woman, but I was reluctant to actually BE one...

Reluctantly, I joined discussion forums for crossdressers, slipping myself between other reluctant participants, each with their own levels of reluctance, and I began to post a few things. The latter had nothing to do with reluctance, I should say, but I struggled to find my “place” amongst my peers. I quickly came face-to-face with my reluctance to wear female undergarments (it’s a LONG story), but I overcame my reluctant behavior and became a much more well-rounded individual (pardon the pun). I was reluctant to reach out to others, but I did, meeting other reluctant girls along the way, and sharing my stories of reluctance with anyone and everyone. As it turns out, MtF crossdressing is a reluctant enterprise, a difficult undertaking in an increasingly hostile world – the world we live in is reluctant to accept males who have certain “shortcomings,” you know...

It’s nice to be here, on this site, and I am reluctant to leave. Over time, I’ve become very reluctant to leave the confines of the MtF section, since doing so will highlight my lack of knowledge or experience in other “areas.” I’m reluctant to post where I’m not wanted, and, even though I may have an enlightening piece of information for someone on the other side of the “wall,” I’m reluctant to leave my allotted compound and make contact. I’m also reluctant to respond to certain things, like questions from GG’s, exasperated pleas for help emanating from difficult marital or familial situations, or impassioned declarations against something as benign as MtF crossdressing. Maybe I’m reluctant to have my head handed to me...

Lately, I’ve become reluctant to write about the beauty of crossdressing, or the magic I feel whenever I transform from M to F purely for the joy of it. Can you feel my reluctance? It hurts. I’m reluctant by nature, but, for some reason, I’m NEVER reluctant to crossdress, and I never will be. Why? Well, I’m reluctant to say...

Reluctantly yours, Freddy

Are you now, or have you ever been, a reluctant individual?

PS – This post was inspired by, and is dedicated to, my new friend ReluctantDebutante...
    [/SIZE]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Reluctant or not, I am glad you are mine.

Now to keep the other bit*hes away......(lol sort of...)

Hugs as always, and many thanks for expressing thoughts so clearly and cleverly.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Sweetie, I'm starting my seventh decade of this journey. One thing I'll say I am an expert on is REGRETS. Trust me when I say that reluctance has caused more than its fair share of regrets. I didn't stand up and say I'm different, because I was reluctant. I didn't take the path less taken, because I was reluctant. I'm now old and broken.

If you want to live life, not just be a spectator, remember this; When on the Carousel of Life, grab for the brass ring. As your pony approaches the rings, stand on your pony if you have to, but grab for the ring! Contrary to Disney and Co., if you sit idly riding by, the brass ring will not fall into your lap.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    Thank you for the dedication. I am honored and momentarily without words.... to be continued

You know, I thoroughly enjoy your posts and never face them reluctantly!

Frederique
    As I was growing up one important thing I learned is that awareness has a price, that price being I would be seen differently and separately from those less aware, and our acceptance of various gender expression certainly is an awareness. Your post expresses this so wonderfully, almost like a story. I always enjoy your posts and if you wrote a book I would run right out and unreluctantly buy it!

Eloquent as always. Thank you for your sharing.

I'm reluctant to be reluctant!I always enjoy reading your storys unreluctantly! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I'm right there with you, trapped in reluctance. I too am reluctant to be a boy, but reluctant to be a girl. I'm reluctant to dwell in the middle, but reluctant to move to the extremes. But describing oneself through reluctance is like defining something by stating what it is not. It all plays out like a kind of riddle. Rather than define ourselves by our reluctance, maybe the positive route would be to define ourselves by the things we are willing to be. Ironically though, I find myself reluctant to do that...

The word awareness that Mona mentioned is everything.

Awareness is what we are given from the sensitivity we are born with but only if you take risks that take you to those places that expand your awareness through your sensitivity.

This is crossdressing but it is also life.

We protect ourselves to keep our awareness and sensitivity so we do not join the walking dead whose minds have lost the ability to enjoy the sublime but risk the loss of vitality that being to far removed from the game of life threatens.

Passion and sensitivity must be joined together, we must be able to shout out loud no matter how quietly or reluctantly.

We must learn that we are not hurt by pain but this is only possible when we take the risks that reluctance prevents.

When you understand the truth of what you are trying to protect by what you are trying to avoid than you move beyond the need to protect because that which you were avoiding no longer can hurt you and this truth is understood by walking into the fire through the experience of what you were trying not to experience.

Our sensitivity must be challenged so it does not cripple us with reluctance (avoidance)

Every gift is a curse and every curse a gift, nothing is free in a universe that seeks balance through designed chaos

Step into the unknown and unfamiliar (chaos) but respect your own design. (do it on your terms)

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Very well put Leah. I too look back on all the signals I had but didnt act on. And now the old keeps creeping through.
    Grab the ring and run with it.
    Beautiful story Freddy, thanks.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Another thought provoker, Freddie! Yeah... I am also reluctant to do most things, but when I do, I find I enjoy them! usually! xx

BTW if you ever feel like spreading your wings... the Writers Society could do with a bit of a 'boost'!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I share some of your reluctance. I think we all have to one degree or another. It seems it may well be part of the parcel when one takes this into one's life.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Platinum Member
    I'm reluctant to admit just how much this resonates with my life experience. For much of it, I was reluctant to admit that I might be one of those people - you know the 40 something guy who decides he's really a woman. I was so afraid that CDing was more than just a sexual fetish, reluctant to accept what those early and persistent wishes and dreams expressed. I remain reluctant to share the truth of myself with some people in my life for fear, real or imagined of what it might do to our relationships.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    Reluctance is good, it is that moment of hesitation that gives you time to think, time to predict, time to plan, time to decide. Impulse just gives you time to get into trouble in no time.