Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Younger CDs?

I'm new here but I'm 20. I've been wearing panties for years.

28 years old here!

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    Only 14 MONTHS ago, the first empirical studies (15,000 subjects) into transgender medical and psychology issues revealed that transgenders had some of the highest suicide rates (50% of all respondents had tried to kill themselves AT LEAST ONCE), and statistically, 1 in 3 suicide attempts survive, the others eventually kill themselves or have "accidental" deaths.
    I've looked around but have been unable to find a solid journal source for this statistic. Does anyone have one?
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Allison View Post
    I'm not a senior or middle aged.

The reason why you see so many older CDs is because many younger guys who are crossdressers/transgender are not willing to admit their true nature to themselves or the world. It is a simple fact backed by psychology.
    I'm sure that is often true at first. However, I think there are additional factors at play even after young people come to terms with themselves. First, I believe that young people gravitate towards different online channels such as Facebook. Second, I think it is easier for young people today to come out to their friends and such. They are perhaps more likely to have an accepting girlfriend and go out dancing on the weekend. Perhaps that leaves less need to find support online.

Im 22 and terrified of the future of loving to crossdress

Another factor is that many 'young' among us are out and about living in the world, not sitting in front of a monitor screen to fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way...
    The older generations have already gone hither, accomplished their endeavors, and obtained the commemorative undershirt; thus earning the free time to peruse this site at will.
    QED: there are more of the older ones here than the younger ones.
    That's my own 2cents. Being of neither age caste, I've the outside-looking-in view of this...

ill be 31 in march ..............but i look 25 hehehe

I'm just about to turn 21, so, you're not alone. I have noticed that there are plenty of younger folks on here, but we don't always seem to post as much.

Being its a new era today with far fewer restrictions placed on us I don't believe a lot of younger CDers have any need to come here. We older CDers find comfort, consideration, and understanding from others on this site. Thats something most of us never had growing up. In fact its only been about fifteen years since sites like this have become available to us.

Believe what you want it's not changing anything

I am 20.@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The community in r/crossdressing on reddit tends to be pretty young. It's not as private as here for posting stuff, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ilana View Post
    The community in r/crossdressing on reddit tends to be pretty young. It's not as private as here for posting stuff, though.
    Yeah, there are also a lot of different transgender reddits too
    /r/asktransgender
    /r/transgender
    /r/dualgender
    /r/genderqueer
    /r/TransSpace

I imagine there are also other forums where younger people congregate.
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

We're about the same age. I have since "aged out" of the younger CD subforum. I agree there is a certain disconnect between the younger CD's and the middle-older CD's. I don't post here as often as I used to because of my career and family.

I'm 27. I wish it was this easy to meet other you get CDers.

I feel like a straggler here, but im 18!
    Up until this point, i thought that cross dressing was just a weird phase that rare teens went through, but seeing this forum has really pushed me out the door in accepting it as an actual thing!
    ive never met anyone in person that was a CDer, but everyone here seems really nice, and it amazes me how much i can just say (type) in front of people, thinking im crazy, and realizing that theres plenty of people here that are just like me...
    I think I enjoy this forum a little too much

26 years old here.

I'm pushing 60 (Ghod, has it been that long?)

I think one reason you see a number of people around my age here is that many of us have reached the point where caring what random other people think seems like a stupid waste of time. Or maybe it's that the end of the road is getting all too visible and we realize, if there's something we always wanted to do but were afraid to, well, now's the time.

As for the younger folks: I think society is actually changing. Younger people really are (statistically speaking) more open-minded.

I never thought I'd live to see the day when gays and lesbians could actually get legally married. (Or, for that matter, when a black man could become president.) And all the demographic studies I've seen say that most of the support has come from the younger generation.

As for folks in their 40's and 50's (and 30's): when I was that age, I was so busy trying to be a Good Husband(tm) and a Good Father(tm), it never occurred to me to try to be myself.

23 and just really getting into it now aside from a stint when I was a teenager. I'm in love with leopard print for some reason.

30, spent awhile raising a kid, getting good job, life basically. Now that that's sorted I've decided to see if I can ever actually b happy.....

Im 22, i i started buying my own things recently.

I'm 30, got alot more confident with dressing once I met my wife 5 years ago. Before then I was not open about it at al, only dressed in private etc. I think when I was younger (say late teens) I was still to caught up in other peoples opinions etc, so comiing to terms with dressing was pushed to the back of mind. Now I dont really care what others think and I've come to accept this side of myself - and started to enjoy it!

27 y/o checking in.

25 here it took me about 3 years to come to terms with myself that im not strange and to accept myself but yea i know noone my age that dresses even online its hard to find

im 24 right now and it took me a long time to come in terms with it