Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got anything RED? You might want to throw it out.

Banned Read only

Got anything RED? You might want to throw it out.

Unless you only wear it at home.

Then again, you might want to wear it out more often.

Seriously, you probably have no idea of the power of red?

I watched/DVRd something that "documents" the POWER of RED along with some other very UNobvious things about how our brain works and perceives things. IF you have a DVR, you really should DVR it.

It only shows one more time at 4 am 8/30 EST here in the States on SCIHD. It will be titled HEAD GAMES/"Seeing is Believing". It is followed at 5 am by SECRET BRAIN which focuses on how much of our life is controlled unconsciously.

So, DOES anyone have a Red dress, top or shoes that you wear out and do you notice any difference in public perception or awareness?

It seems to me that very few ladies post pics here wearing Red. Maybe because we UNCONSCIOUSLY realize the power of red?

Platinum Member
    I have one red top and one red knit dress. I don't wear them a lot, not at all this time of year.

I do want to mention that one of my former co-workers often wore red. She was a conference coordinator and at the beginning of an event, the MC would tell people to look for Dawn - the lady in the Red outfit - should they need assistance. Red just made her easier to find.

No, don't throw out your red clothes & shoes. It seems that what's bad for you this week will be good for you next week, like coffee, chocolate, salt, etc. Let's see, can I eat bacon this week or wait until next week?

Just curious: was that show sandwiched between Searching for Bigfoot and Ancient Aliens? haha

My wife wears a lot of red.... but I don't think she will go quietly......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The most hazardous things I know that are red, those pesky cameras at intersections.
    If I can catch a politician maybe I will make him wear it.
    Hey.. a cross, dressed politician.
    I will go now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's a problem, cause I LOVE red.

It's ok in male mode?

Banned Read only
    The show did not address if females almost literally "lose their brains" when they see a MAN wearing red.

THe theory proposed by this show is the same one I have seen elsewhere in various other shows/magazines/books over the years. I won't give it away till other folks have had a chance to watch/DVR it.

What is cool about this show is that they SHOW numerous video clips of an "attractive" [of course] female 30 ish model wearing a solid white form fitting dress in public and then the very same dress in red. The differing reactions and willingness to "engage" from men are startling. I went to the website which lists several of their shows, but could find no link for it.

The theory actually pertains to "rear ends".

Gold Member
    Remember the Song..."Lady in Red"
    I bought a new Red Traverse this year, does that count.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love reds too.Never heard of that show.

I have a red satin blouse and a pair of red ballet flats that I wear regularly.
    I haven't noticed any specific reaction to them, but then again I don't watch others while I'm out...I have things to do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

So that's why Rommney's wife wore the red dress last night!?

I have many red clothing articles and love every one of them. Yes, I have worn them on outings. As for their supposed power - whatever! I don't think I look terribly powerful in any color.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels
    It seems to me that very few ladies post pics here wearing Red. Maybe because we UNCONSCIOUSLY realize the power of red?
    [SIZE="2"]Well, I’m wearing red in my profile picture, but it’s a muted red, perfectly matched to my muted personality! I assume you mean BRIGHT red, and the connotations that come along for the ride?

Red is my favorite color, and I ALWAYS wear something red – my favorite shade (or hue, to be precise) is scarlet, but I don’t “read” anything into the power that it may or may not have. ALL colors have power. I always set red off with green, its complimentary color, or I combine it with white and black in a striking ensemble. I wouldn’t wear ALL red, under any circumstances, but, I must say, I am quite a TOMATO!!!

How about the power of PINK, which is red with a little white in it?
    [/SIZE]

I always have a red dress. In fact I am wearing one today. Very conservatively cut, below the knee, ruby red dress. This dress just screams out "this is a fifty year old woman".

Love always,
    Elizabeth
    [SIZE=3]It is always our choice, who we are-Waking Life[/SIZE]

I love red clothing. I have a lace red turtle neck that goes great with jeans or a black skirt. One day I hope I can wear my red wool very short skirt but I have to loose about 20 pounds. I bought it small so I would have goal to work toward. One day!

I read somewhere that red can make you appear larger. I'm big enough as it is! A friend of mine is a cop, and he told me that in traffic, cops often spot red cars first. It's not a concious effort; Red merely catches their attention. I now drive a black car.

Platinum Member
    I love red some of my favorite outfits are red & black.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have A few red dresses and red heels to go with them. I have A red sofa and chairs red dinnerware, red car etc. I love the colors red, pink, and purple.
    Mistybtm

when I wear red I kick....and take names. I have a lot of red, it goes well with black and grey and white
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    The power of red? Ask any Spanish bull.

Ineke

Yeah, I saw a little bit of that documentary. I'm okay with that kind of attention.

As an aside, I had a bit of an adventure the other night with my red blouse: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-My-Red-Blouse

Until I took those pics, I really didn't like that blouse. My faith has been renewed.
    "Who are they? Are they the half that we've lost - the H2 to our O, that have joined as water to make streams, seas, waterfalls, waves, storms?"
    - From "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Most of my outfits are in black, white and grays, but I always add splashes of color to brighten things up and draw attention to my better features. Most often, the color is red. Shoes, scarves, belts, nails, lips, handbags. Wearing red shoes gives me an especially empowered feeling. I don't know if people react differently to me when I'm wearing red, but I know that it makes me feel more confident about myself.

- Diane

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar
    I think bulls are colour-blind. It's the motion they respond to.

Rachel
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

I've noticed a number of younger girls wearing red nail polish rather than pink in the last day or so...

red is like radiation- has its uses, but even if you wanted to- you couldn't get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    Actually I get more compliments when I wear purple...but hey...that's me!
    There may be something to this red thing. But if anything turns my head, it's a blonde wearing purple.