Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The word Panties

Betraying my roots, but women in my family have called them "underdrawers", which always evokes amusing imagery to me. I also wonder if they refer to outer garments as "overdrawers" but I've never asked. I think "panties" is definitely a noun upgrade from "underdrawers".

All my life women wear panties and men wear underwear. For my feminine I call them panties. It all depends on what you grow up with.

I LOVE the word panties...lol
    My wife well not so much...I'd prefer panties because that's what they are, we have compromised and it underwear. However in my mind...panties all the way. Panties is fun, frilly, exciting, refreshing...underwear on the other hand sounds like a tool you use lol. For what it's worth I wear panties!

I just love hearing and saying the word panties...It reminds me of my feminine side...

my woman perfers i call my bras and panties underware she is uncomfortable when i say my panties

Since we are on the subject, why are panties plural and bra sigular?
    Susan

It freaks me out but my SO loves to use that term XD

Nothing get my attention faster than hearing "panties", "pantyhose" or "bras" not really sure why but I love to hear them being called that. My wife refers pantyhose as nylons other than that we speak the same language.

i love the word "panties" gf and i both call them panties

Silver Member
    Panties is just a wonderful feminine word which describes what I love to wear. Sounds almost naughty.

The only work I hesitate and try not to say is "panties".
    I suppose because I didn't ever want people to know I love them. lol

My wife says underwear and when speaking to her I say underwear. But I wear "PANTIES" every day !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Not at all... I wear panties 24/7 and don't mind the word at all. My wife on the other hand hates it. To her all is underwear.
    This is the same for my wife. Funny thing, I wear a size 8 and she wears a size 7. As the panties wear the writing designating the size wears off making some of our panties look very similar (especially black ones). This morning while getting dressed she said you put a pair of your "underwear" in my dresser. Oh well, sometimes she does the same to me.
    Dana Fleming

I'm glad my SO doesen't use the word "panties" she just says underwear or underoos, she still think it's a little weird. I hate it when she does laundry and hangs it in my shower and we get compa\ny and they use my bathroom and see " panties" hanging on the shower curtain that aren't her size but mine so I guess the "secret might be out " but her friends don't look at me weird..... yet

Aspiring Member
    Fun question and great responses.
    Not really sure what I prefer to call them, but I certainly do love wearing them!
    A great website to check out, by the way, is:
    www.hewearspanties.com
    Lots of good information and discussions.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    It's like this.. ........

Both men and women wear "underware".
    However, only females wear "panties".

The word is definitely a little awkward. But it also sound so feminine and that's why I love the word. Especially when I am wearing them! I never like when people call Bloomingdales bloomies though.

Panties is weird to me. Neither my wife nor I use that word.
    I prefer:
    Underwear
    Under-drawers
    butt-huggers
    banana-smugglers
    Herbert Hoovers

or I am specific about the cut.
    Last edited by May(be); 12-15-2012 at 11:18 PM.

It seems as if the European countries call women's undergarments by different names. It also seems as if the word panties is the accepted term in the States. I believe "panties" is a shortened form of pantaloons which was a women's undergarment worn in the 1800s, and extended almost to the knee. My late wife would refer to hers as underwear but my daughters called them panties. I've known women in their 60s and 70s who call them panties, and I've also known much younger women who call them undies, so I guess it really boils down to a person's own preference.

I prefer to call mine panties.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Definitely panties. SO complains because I have "better panties than her" which makes me smile....until she steals them from me!

Panties is what I call them. "Banana smugglers" hehe

Interestingly, my SO refers to my male underwear (which i wear on days i change at the gym at work) as panties, as well!

Both my wife and I use the word panties, It is all we wear! And I love how women look in panties and me too for that matter! I think it is a common name for womens underwear in the US! I know knickers is used else where not so much here to my knowledge. I have loved the word panties since I was a kid and finally got my first pair later in life. And I agree with others why is one a pair of panties? It may be because I cannot imagine a crossdresser with only one pantie, my drawer is brimming colors material OK I may have a pantie(s) fetish too!

I use the word, but for some reason it unsettles my wife when *I* use it when describing what I'm wearing. But in my mind, it's a descriptive term. My boxer-briefs are shorts (since I don't wear short pants often).

If it creeps someone out, my bad, that's on you. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Wow, you simply CANNOT be serious! Why all the venom over such a fun and harmless word? I was absent at the last Crazy Rabidly Angry Radical Feminist meeting. Was there a vote taken on this?

Yes, I say Panties. And tummy, and tush, and any other cute little word that pops into my DILLIGAF brain. I wear heels all the time (with nylons) and skirts or dresses nearly always. I check my makeup in public and fix my lipstick in a little mirror while I'm finishing lunch, and I just DO NOT CARE if the women who see me do that make snarky comments or if their husbands and boyfriends suddenly become unaware of the world around them and take an elbow in the ribs because of me.

Yes, my boyfriend calls me cute little pet names like Kitten and I not only don't mind it, I encourage it. No, I do not think it promotes harmful gender stereotypes. It's my personal life and not my professional life, and my personal life is more fun that the combined lives of any 10 women I know.

I've paid too dear a price to finally be able to live the life I want and to be who I am. If someone has a problem with my saying the word Panties then I guess they just have a problem!

Tough noogies.

I have 2 recommendations for that person -

1. Find a therapist and try to get a grip on your pathetic life.

2. Lighten up a little and have a margarita. First round's on me!

http://www.thefrisky.com/2010-04-19/...-word-panties/
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.