Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The word Panties

Red face The word Panties

Does it creep you or your SO out to use the word panties.. for me it has sexual undertones that make me think of fiction sites and bad womens novels but I also don't tend to use the word knickers. So pants/knickers or panties. What do you call them and are there other words that make you go eeesh
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Under wear. I don't think my GF even uses panties. It doesn't creep me out but I seldom use the word myself even though that is what they are called.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Nobody says panties in Ireland, and I do find the word vaguely creepy when I see it used here. I don't usually refer to female underwear at all by a specific name.

Just had to say loving the avatar, very pretty and natural

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Engendered View Post
    Nobody says panties in Ireland
    And nobody says knickers in America. Same language at its foundation, but big differences in its utilization.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Not at all... I wear panties 24/7 and don't mind the word at all. My wife on the other hand hates it. To her all is underwear.
    Here when we go shopping there are always signs in the stores "Panty sale" or something of the like. Just listen to the V.S. commercials and hear that they sell "Bras and Panties".
    Just a matter of taste...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

So do they use the word panties in the states more than in the UK ? tradionally over here they're called knickers ? I would love it if victorias secret came over the pond... I'd be very poor.

Banned Read only
    That's the way it is. They are called panties in America and knickers in England. I do remember reading sexy fiction stories years ago, and just as soon as I read the word panties, I would get aroused. I could always tell if the story was from England just by the use of the word knickers, and also of the word randy. It may be just me, but I think a woman looks better in her panties than out of them.

I love the word Panties it always sounds so girlie and sexy and I really don't like the word knickers even though it is native to these shores, Panties for ever !! LOL
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Great to see a fellow Irish member, hi Engendered! I love both words. I would use the word knickers. It is a sexy word when spoken by a woman with an English accent. If I go to the lingerie department I will always ask for knickers!

I remember one time discussing with my wife and using the term and she said specifically "underwear" just for the reasons that your discussing because I was wearing them. And, I think panties is used a lot more in the US, you don't really hear knickers very much at all.

Platinum Member
    How about useing the term Silk Underware even though they are not silk.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I love the word panties and I don't think it's creepy at all, that's what they are. Growing up girls and women seemed to use the term more, when referring to that particular piece of underwear. Now days, I have noticed the term underwear being used more than panties, but on occasion panty still gets used. To me, it is a more feminine term and more preferable, not to mention "underwear" can be a bra, a slip etc...it's to general.

My S/O and I call it underwear.

I absolutely love the word!!

Jennifer

The word panties to me is great! It discribes what I wear all the time! After all I love my PANTIES!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I love the word panties. It doesn't creep me anymore, it use to sound weird at first to hear my gf use it. That was just me being uncomfortable. I have since embraced and owned the word panties. Now it turns me on. I love it when my gf uses the word panties in relation to me. She usually makes some remark about the color of my panties or the fact that when I bent down my panties are showing or something like that.
    BIG turn on!
    Last edited by Mistress Frillee; 08-31-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa1976
    Does it creep you or your SO out to use the word panties.. for me it has sexual undertones that make me think of fiction sites and bad womens novels but I also don't tend to use the word knickers. So pants/knickers or panties. What do you call them and are there other words that make you go eeesh
    [SIZE="2"]The word can be both cute and creepy, no doubt about it. I used to have some knickers, but they were knee-length pants and NOT women’s underwear...

Try using the Japanese equivalent: PANTSU!!!
    [/SIZE]

HA HA HA! It's my favourite word! XD And the japanese equivalent is awesome!

I certainly use this word for describing my underwear, I find it such a cute and adorable term for them XD;
    It's only creepy if you let it be creepy IMO, and so long as you're trying to have a more innocent mind you shouldn't have to worry about such a thing~.

Though there are those creepy undertones about them that makes me laugh a bit. But it's a nice word all the same. ;D

Seri-chan~

My wife and I referred to my male briefs as "underwear". Her panties are referred to as "panties". When I began wearing panties, I made it a point to call them "panties".

She now accepts me wearing boobs, skirts and blouses as well as ladies shoes so I don't think the word "panties" bothers her very much.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

In my family we call them undies. Short pants (early 20th century) mostly worn by boys were not called knickers, but knickerbockers.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

In North America panties is commonly used. It describes feminine underwear. I find the word sexy because quite often they are designed to be sexy for women. No creeping out in this house we call them what they are.

In this house my SO calls them underwear. To myself I call them panties. To my SO I call them underwear. No since rocking the boat if you know what I mean? Now there is a point when we are romantically involved that she calls them panties. Thus we will leave well enough alone and call them uderwear everywhere but the bedroom or whatever room romance is happening.

We say Drawls...lol But true

Ok lovetodressup... can't fault your enthusiasm lol. Were all these messages meant for me ?