Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outed!

Outed!

Last friday, I went to visit my sister, her kids, and my father. It was late in the day and so around 5:00 I had a drink and we got to visiting. At 6:00, with no dinner on the menu, I called my wife and asked her to join us. She said sure so I asked her to pick up a pizza on the way.
    We have a second drink and talk and visit. My wife shows up at 8:00 with the pizza and sits down to eat already semi-aggitated. Then after dinner, disappears with my sister to the porch. After a half an hour they come back in and we leave. Come to find out later that she was mad we had some drinks before she got there.
    So cut to yesterday, my sister tells me that my wife told her about my crossdressing! I was shocked to say the least. I have always been somewhwat content to be in the closet but able to dress when she's away. Betrayed is how I feel now. That's a secret between me and my wife and she knows that. Now, it's a matter of time before others find out...if they don't know already!

Follow your dream.
    Sorry to hear that. What your wife did was wrong and I think she knows that.

Hopefully something good comes from this: maybe it will be better now that it's not a secret.

Marlana that is not good if it was to be kept between you. I hope things go well for you. We can't predict how others will react. Hang in there, hopefully they don't see it as a big deal.

I don't think your wife was showing the respect and trust partners are supposed to show for each other and I would question her sincere love for you. That's a pretty serious breach of trust.

You'll just have to see how ig goes from now on but you can bet that if you end up in divorce court she will have photos of you dressed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I'd be very surprised if this was purely down to the drinks, has she asked if she can confide in someone else ? It's a big burden to carry on your shoulders alone. I've told my s/o that if she feels the need to tell anyone then go ahead. What they think is what they think. Speak to your sister about it and if you feel comfortable tell your family. If they love you they will accept this side of you. Hope it all goes well for you x
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Wow seriously? Thats really kind of messed up, i mean a relationship is about trust & jsut because you had a few drinks she kind of broke that by going behind your back and telling of something that was just between you 2. Personally if it were me I'd have a big talk about it, i knwo to me that would be quite a big hit, somone who i trust more then anyone just did that. Sorry to hear its gone like that hope it all works out hun.

Bummer! One thing I didn't know was that years ago my ex told a number of people about me without consulting me. Then it made sense why their attitude towards me changed.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    What your wife did was wrong and betrayed your trust in her. However, how did you expect her to keep a secret like that? It is a big burden to carry around on her shoulders alone. Keeping secrets has caused many problems for many people through out history. They tend to come out when we least expect it. Hopefully it will all work out in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    What your wife did was wrong and betrayed your trust in her. However, how did you expect her to keep a secret like that? It is a big burden to carry around on her shoulders alone. Keeping secrets has caused many problems for many people through out history. They tend to come out when we least expect it. Hopefully it will all work out in your favor.
    i agree to some extent on this, my GF knows and has told BUT, theres a huge difference in telling people and then people close to you (family, best friends etc) i don't agree on what shes done. My SO has told her family and a couple of friends, dosn't bother me and she knows not to cross that line.

If your wife sis this because she was agitated simply because you had a couple of drinks before she got there, Then that would be a bad thing. I took the liberty to look at your other posts and see that your knows but does not approve. Sorry to hear that.
    If you and your wife had agreed to not have her or you tell anyone, then yes, this was a breach of trust. My feelings lean toward her reason to tell, how much she trusts your sister, how close they are and a few other things. But if it was a spiteful thing just because you had a couple of drinks, or for that matter, a spiteful thing for any reason, then I think she was out of line and it appears you have other fish to fry in the marriage then just her telling your sister.
    My SO knows, accepts, likes and supports my crossdressing. I have 100% trust in her decision to tell whoever she wants to tell since she would not without a very good reason. Like me, she is a very private person. She definitely would not tell someone out of spite. She has told a few of her long time trusted friends and I don't have a problem with it at all since I know why she told them.

Perhaps some good can come out of this! Who knows your sister may be fine with it! We can hope things will be better for you! Please let us know if things change between you and your sister!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Don't mean to sound harsh here, but the reality of it all is just that; when in a closet and a relationship of any sort where the partner knows of ones' gender issues, the partner holds the trump card when it comes to keeping things private. no different than when two split up in a relationship. Trust is just another type of warranty and we all know what warranties are worth. You shouldn't feel violated at all in my opinion but thankful it finally came out. It will sooner or later anyway for the most of us, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    Don't mean to sound harsh here, but the reality of it all is just that; when in a closet and a relationship of any sort where the partner knows of ones' gender issues, the partner holds the trump card when it comes to keeping things private. no different than when two split up in a relationship. Trust is just another type of warranty and we all know what warranties are worth. You shouldn't feel violated at all in my opinion but thankful it finally came out. It will sooner or later anyway for the most of us, one way or another.
    Good point! I think we all have to be prepared to be outed. It does not excuse what Marlana's wife did but there's always a chance people will find out. I have seen a number of threads here where people accidentally outed themselves. In my case my wife does not want others to know about me. If anybody does ask I'm prepared to come clean though.

This could be a burden that the wife has had to carry on her shoulders and needed someone to talk to about it. Just as many here, like the OP needs this place to talk about it. It's unfair to think someone can carry a secret like this if they are not comfortable with crossdressing and have little knowledge about the topic. They, like the OP, needs someone to talk to.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    That's a little disturbing to me on a couple of fronts. First, I think that placing trust in your wife with something so personal is what everyone should do. However, she intentionally violated that trust. That is not good.

Second, she did it because you guys had a couple of drinks before she got there? I'm sorry but I could not trust anyone who did this. Like someone else said here: sounds like you have some bigger fish to fry in the marriage.

At least your sister is cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    This could be a burden that the wife has had to carry on her shoulders and needed someone to talk to about it. Just as many here, like the OP needs this place to talk about it. It's unfair to think someone can carry a secret like this if they are not comfortable with crossdressing and have little knowledge about the topic. They, like the OP, needs someone to talk to.
    Umm yeah but why tell Marlana's sister instead of one of her own friends or family? It doesn't sit right with me. It sounds malicious. it's up to Marlana to tell her own family.

This is not something trivial, a small secret that you have asked you wife to keep like chewing your toe nails or something.

I have to disagree with some here that say it’s a hard secret for your wife to keep. No its not, it’s a very important secret to keep!

If it was my marriage then the trust would be gone. Simple as that.
    And how can you ever get it back after this?

SUZY

Yeah, this whole thing is messed up. We hear all the time how we all need to come out as soon as possible to our SO's, the one person you should be able to trust in the whole world, and then things like this betrayal happen. Over drinks? really? I am wondering what is it NOT being told here but I agree with the trump card statement. When you tell anyone, you might as well tell everyone.

I am hoping there was sound reasoning for her doing this, hopefully an update? There seems to be some issues in the marriage beyond the dressing. Sad as it is to say

If this happened "last friday" and it is now "next Friday" and you haven't talked with her about her actions, Communication might be a huge part of the problem.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 08-31-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Umm yeah but why tell Marlana's sister instead of one of her own friends or family? It doesn't sit right with me. It sounds malicious. it's up to Marlana to tell her own family.
    Again, we have very little in the way of facts here. Maybe the sister is a very close friend to the wife. If not, then I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Elise View Post
    At least your sister is cool with it.
    The OP never said how his sister took it. We don't know if she is cool with it. We don't know how she feels about it.

A thought: The wife was agitated over the OP having a couple of drinks before she got there. Which on the surface sound pretty petty and maybe even childish. I get that. But what if they agreed to never drink without the other present? Then wouldn't it be a betrayal of the OP to go against her wishes about those drinks? That would be breaking trust too. So what would be the difference.
    But I sense a lot of things or issues are present that we don't know about. I'd sure like to hear the wife's side. Not just the OP, but all of us only tell our side and how we see it leaving out a lot of details that would perhaps change our opinions.
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 08-31-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Again, we have very little in the way of facts here. Maybe the sister is a very close friend to the wife. If not, then I agree.
    Consider this: if the wife was bisexual and asked Marlana to keep it a secret and Marlana outed her to her sister is that proper? It comes down to principles and trust, it's a two way street. I'll side with a GG or a CD if they are in the right. I consider them equals in a partnership. Not arguing with you btw, just my thoughts.

I understand there are a couple disparate lines of thought in the replies, empathy for you in that perhaps your wife betrayed you somehow and empathy for your wife who shouldn't have to suffer in silence with such a burdensome secret. I side with the latter. I doubt her disclosure was a malicious thing. I would talk to her, and perhaps your SIL, and talk about the fact you would prefer that no one else be told.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I think if we find out the reason the wife did it we'll be able to answer this better. I'm out until I find out what the intent was. We need a reason why or it's a lot of speculation.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlana View Post
    Last friday, I went to visit my sister, her kids, and my father. It was late in the day and so around 5:00 I had a drink and we got to visiting. At 6:00, with no dinner on the menu, I called my wife and asked her to join us. She said sure so I asked her to pick up a pizza on the way.
    We have a second drink and talk and visit. My wife shows up at 8:00 with the pizza and sits down to eat already semi-aggitated. Then after dinner, disappears with my sister to the porch. After a half an hour they come back in and we leave. Come to find out later that she was mad we had some drinks before she got there.
    So cut to yesterday, my sister tells me that my wife told her about my crossdressing! I was shocked to say the least. I have always been somewhwat content to be in the closet but able to dress when she's away. Betrayed is how I feel now. That's a secret between me and my wife and she knows that. Now, it's a matter of time before others find out...if they don't know already!
    Your wife's actions were juvenile. I'm sorry that your sister had to hear about your CDing in this manner, but at least your sister was willing to discuss it with you in an adult manner.

So, the next step for you is to have a conversation with your wife. I rather doubt that she was only upset because you'd had two drinks before she arrived...and its important that you get to what is really bothering her. But please take the high road though. Let her know that its one thing to be upset about something - and quite another to retaliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Consider this: if the wife was bisexual and asked Marlana to keep it a secret and Marlana outed her to her sister is that proper? It comes down to principles and trust, it's a two way street. I'll side with a GG or a CD if they are in the right. I consider them equals in a partnership. Not arguing with you btw, just my thoughts.
    I know you are not arguing Marleena. Not to worry. lol And you are right in your example. And I aggree, i will side with the GG or the CD based on who I think is right or the one that got hurt.

But again we don't know all the facts, so it's really hard to say who is right or wrong. To many assumptions to make about the OP and the wife. And we all know what they say about the word assume. Makes an a$$ out of u or me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I understand there are a couple disparate lines of thought in the replies, empathy for you in that perhaps your wife betrayed you somehow and empathy for your wife who shouldn't have to suffer in silence with such a burdensome secret. I side with the latter. I doubt her disclosure was a malicious thing.
    I agree that it may have been a burden to carry for the wife, I can only imagine, but ultimately it should have been discussed, first and fore most, between the two in the marriage if it was ok to tell this to someone else and to whom. I fail to see why a husband always needs permission while a wife doesn't and she clearly violated his trust in her by making that decision on her own. Communication is the key in any relationship, without it you have nothing. worse case you have a master and a slave.

She got pissed off over a couple of drinks, which is childish unless marlana is a full blown alcoholic who is suppose to be on the wagon, and I think it was a VERY malicious thing when she should have address her drinking if this was the case instead of running around tell very private secrets instead.

This is however just my opinion as We don't have the full story here and I am trying to piece it together from what was told while being one side of the coin if you will.

Like Marleena, I think I am done with this thread until we get more details about the intent and such as i am not a giant fan of speculation either.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 08-31-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!